Any apple shaped women success stories out there?

Options
If you are an apple shaped woman who has had success and been transformed, I would LOVE to see your before and after pics if you wouldn't mind sharing. I need the inspiration. Thank you in advance!:smile:

Replies

• xxslvrxwngsxx
    xxslvrxwngsxx Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    bump
  • smbirth
    smbirth Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am watching with interest. I am an apple shaped gal---all my extra weight is in my middle!! Great looking arms, legs, non existent butt, but 2o extra pounds hanging out in my belly!! All of the ladies on my Mom's side of the family look like this!!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Noone?
  • lauriejayne813
    lauriejayne813 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yep, I hold all my weight in the middle of my body. I have been successful at loosing 26 lbs and have 24 more to go before I re-evaluate. I have my before pix and my 26 lb pix posted. Don't' get discouraged, this is a slow process but it is necessary to keep at it. As I am loosing the weight, I find it frustrating that the middle isn't shrinking as quick as I'd like it to. But it is shrinking. MFP has really helped me stay accountable in all that I do, keep logging in and staying true. Feel free to friend me, I have a couple of friends on this site that are in the same boat. And we are all around the 50 year mark. Good luck.
  • nancycola
    nancycola Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm apple-shaped and always gain around the middle. I don't have before and after pix. Don't have much to lose but what I might tell you is that it could be easier for the apple-shaped to get muscle tone. At least it's been the case with me. The pear-shaped in my life abhor their thighs while I admire their teeny waists but go on about my arms and legs. I tend to obsess about my middle. Try to stay positive and take the advice about strength training to heart. Muscle burns fat! I'm not saying bulk up but don't obsess over cardio. Strength train!
  • linzirussell
    linzirussell Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    me! lol im apple shaped, if u look at my pics on my profile you'll see me before/after:) i was 282 and now im 168, 18 pounds till my goal! good luck girls x
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't have any before and after pics. But, I am an apple shape. I am finding that I can tone my mid section but the only way to really loss it is to loss weight. Then I get a bit too skinny in the legs.
  • alicia_louise29
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • here_I_go_again
    Options
    me! lol im apple shaped, if u look at my pics on my profile you'll see me before/after:) i was 282 and now im 168, 18 pounds till my goal! good luck girls x

Wow!! You look awesome! Nice work!
  • here_I_go_again
    Options
    thank you to all of you who have responded, this helps me!! i appreciate it!
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've also been looking for some inspirational "after" apples, and haven't had a ton of luck either. I am 100% apple -- broad shoulders, large bust, wide ribcage, lack of definition in waist, short torso, no bum, long skinny arms and legs. I know I'll never have that tiny hip to waist ratio that I lust for, but I'm determined to get some real ab definition with what I've got to work with! I'm on day 5 of the 30 Day Shred, and I have a body shot in my profile for those looking for a "normal" weight apple shape... If you've got more to lose, maybe I can still inspire you. :) Hopefully I'll have an even more inspiring one in 25 days!!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i'm an apple!! I dont have "after" photos yet, but my before are on my profile (red tank top photos) and my most recent photo is my profile one!

Down 44.6lbs so far. I still have a lot to lose around my middle, but it is much much smaller than it was!
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I am an apple as well, and my legs are really staring to tone and look nice, my belly looks 6 months pregnant.:(
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple - and 30lb down so far.
    It can be done!
    I've moved down several sizes but still have all the extra weight around my middle. I'm so looking forwards to not looking like an egg-cup!
    Good luck - add me as a friend if you wish!
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hello my fellow Apples!!! :happy: I do not have before and after pics. I have lost 17 pounds since I started around the beginning of the year and 13 last month alone (when I decided to get serious about things -- I have a wedding in June). I have noticed my clothes starting to fit better and tone coming back to my legs.

Fellow apple peeps that are looking for support and will also dish it out in return, feel free to add me. It's always nice to have friends that have similar clothing issues. :smile:
  • KatesBadAss
    KatesBadAss Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have really crappy before and after's on my phone....but i'm 26 pounds down. I'm trying to upload now.It will happen slowllllllllllly.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple. My before/after is my profile pic but just my face. I am not quite there yet with my body. Still another 20-30 lbs to go.

Good luck to you!
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!

True apple here... Tina Turner legs and a big round middle. Would love to see some pics of someone who's made it!!!!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    You can look at my profile pics if you like, I only have one before, some in between and a recent one where I'm at Walmart, but I was 170 at my highest, (5'2") and now 123 (minus Spring break vacation gain of a pound or two, but I'm not counting it cause it will be gone again soon lol) The most challenging part still is trying to bulk up my legs and butt, while still trying to lose fat off my tummy, and I could still lose abit from my boobs too so I would be more properly proportioned. That's the worst part, not having it all balanced. I have stayed in the healthy weight range now for three years.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!