Any apple shaped women success stories out there?

Options

Replies

• thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'm apple-shaped when I'm heavy. I'm 5'8.

Here's me at 185-ish lbs (and a really bad photo):
    o9gzfs.jpg

And currently in the 160-somethings:
    nzf47r.jpg
  • nay1228
    nay1228 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think if we could mix the apple and pear body types together we'd all lose weight evenly. :laugh:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

o9gzfs.jpg

nzf47r.jpg

Hello hot stuff!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm not all the way there yet but feel free to check out the pics in my profile. My avatar is pretty current and there's one in there from right before I started losing weight a couple years ago.
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options

o9gzfs.jpg

nzf47r.jpg

one sexy mumma!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Hello apple ladies!

I don't have before and after pictures .. yet. I will have some very soon that will be before and during photos. I'm an apple and I have lost over 100lbs. I will say this much, if I was a pear I would have been on lucky lady! For the longest time everywhere except my belly was moving at a great pace. FINALLY, I am now seeing that the majority of my weight is coming off the belly .. yay!

I should have some pictures at my next weigh-in next Monday!
  • kapspecial
    kapspecial Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Bump..i've only lost 10lbs so far, but would love to see some apples farther along. Thanks.
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    i have lost a lot of weight.. it has taken me a while.. to shape my body cause i carry it all on my hips and butt
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm an apple, pics on my page :) Love to be friends! x
  • Ellamae22
    Ellamae22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love this!!!! Strength training is the TRUTH for Apple Shapes like my self. I have lost 5 inches off of my waist.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Love this!!!! Strength training is the TRUTH for Apple Shapes like my self. I have lost 5 inches off of my waist.

Very true. I only lost about 20lbs, but I went from a size 14 to a size 6. Strength training is one of the best ways to shape your body!
  • KatesBadAss
    KatesBadAss Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Strength training is the truth for us?????
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    bump.

Apple with a big butt. :grumble:
  • brickhouse76
    Options
    I'm apple shape and I have lost over 50 pounds, I have lost everywhere but in my stomach!
  • libby555
    libby555 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Another apple shape here! I have lost weight and inches in arms, legs and thighs. My whole body is definitely toning but I haven't lost a single inch or even half an inch in my stomach! It is so frustrating but will keep pushing forward. Just started strength training a week ago and hoping that this helps.

The oddest thing is that my stomach looks flatter and clothes look better but when measured it is still the same. Anyone else have this issue?
  • brickhouse76
    Options
    Another apple shape here! I have lost weight and inches in arms, legs and thighs. My whole body is definitely toning but I haven't lost a single inch or even half an inch in my stomach! It is so frustrating but will keep pushing forward. Just started strength training a week ago and hoping that this helps.

The oddest thing is that my stomach looks flatter and clothes look better but when measured it is still the same. Anyone else have this issue?
  • Ellamae22
    Options
    Yes. You will see the pounds come off slower, but my waist has whittled down and I am losing inches all over in combination with Cardio Military Drills I am doing with my friend at the gym such as dreaded BURPEES!!!!!
  • Ellamae22
    Options
    Try KettleBells! Shred it w/Weights Jillian Michaels is a good start.
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Apples in the house!

I hate finding jeans that fit my legs and then they are way to tight for my waist or vice versa - ahhhhhhh!
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    omg this sounds like me! My butt even is starting to look great as well as my legs but my stomach and arms are HUGE!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!