Jullian micheals 30 day shred

Options
124»

Replies

• tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm on L2D6. the first 3 days of each level were the worst then on day 4 it seemed better:happy: I've had a couple of days off due to painful knees. Looking forward to level 3!
  • sophhx99
    sophhx99 Posts: 4
    Options
    2nd day and... I'm in pain!!! :S

I hope it will get better soon... >_<

Same xxxx absoutly horrible, but I have been doing the ripped in 30, done it for about 4 days and saw results but gave up because I was ill, now on my second day and making myself exercise! I weigh roughly 114 pounds and want to loose a stone, hopefully I don't die before I complete all the levels :) anyway good luck to everyone xxxx
  • mmmfryingpan
    Options
    ok so im totally jealous of all of you guys.
    i got the 30 day shred yesterday and i tried level 1 today but i was spent after 10 minutes
    im gonna do 10 minutes of it twice a day for a week in the hopes i can get my fitness level up to par with you guys!
    and then im gonna do the 30 day shred challenge
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just finished level 1, starting level 2 tomorrow =D
    level 2 is harder, but i felt I got a better work out... then my birthday came and I got a new bike,,, havent done Jillian since then. :( Good Luck and hope to join the shredders again!
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    ummmmmm you didn't like level one cause of all the jumping jacks....yet you somehow enjoy the plank jacks????? so hard....:grumble:

Give me plank jacks over jumping jacks ANY day!! I find them way easier... not sure why...but it's the truth!!

Today is Day 17 for me!! 7th day at level 2... I have missed one day out of the 17 it was day 15 and I just couldnt bring myself to do it... I am working out at the gym every day and doing the shred in the evenings so I don't feel too bad about that one day. I guess for me it will be the 31 day shred! Now that I am past the halfway mark it sounds a lot more attainable when I realise I only have 13 more days to go... I can handle that !! I hope... lol
    I liked level 2 way more than level 1, for some reason I find the cardio easier... I haven't allowed myself to look at the next level until I am done the level before, so I have no idea what Level 3 looks like... I guess I'll have to see on Monday!

ditto.. I cannot do the jumping jacks due to achilles injury, so I choose to do kettlebell swings in its place!
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I start tomorrow level 2 and now I'm worried....:-/
  • lovemycooperboys
    Options
    I am in week 2 of Jillian's Body Revolution which is a circuit workout as well. My shins and calves are hurting the most! Ive been pushing pause after a workout that makes them hurt worse (like fast feet) and give them a quick stretch and I have to say it's been helping this week!

You can follow my journey with Body Revolution on my blog!

mybodyrevolutionchallenge.blogspot.com
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I've just completed day 2 of level 1 and feel okay - but have to say I am very scared having read all your comments.
  • redfury90
    redfury90 Posts: 1
    Options
    I did 5 days of 30 day shred, and had to stop due to pain in my neck. ( I have spine surgery in August 2011) I am back at it after consulting my doctor today, but am unable to do jumping jacks or skip rope, due to impact on my spine, anyone have any suggestions on what I can do in their place for cardio??
  • Kellylovesricky
    Kellylovesricky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I do it barefoot. Minus running I always workout barefoot.

I'm a barefoot girl too. I did start wrapping my right ankle because I was having horrible burning in it during the shred. I dont notice it as much on level 2. Much less bouncing around in this level than the first!
  • mebuthalf
    mebuthalf Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 1 of my second round (completed 1 in Jan and lost 10 lbs). Doing it this time with 8 lb weights :-) Excited to see the difference :-) Don't give up!
  • mfchiumento
    Options
    Maybe we are using the wrong shoes? :tongue:
    I do it barefoot. Minus running I always workout barefoot.

I also work out barefoot, but have noticed that the balls of my feet have been hurting since starting week two and my wrists are sore as well
  • katenmills
    katenmills Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I completed level 1 barefoot and completely screwed up my ankles for a while from landing hard during jumpking jacks etc.... I couldn't exercise for a while so I wouldn't recommend it !
  • awolsey1987
    awolsey1987 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i just got fitted for good running shoes, and when i was there the people told me not to wear running shoes to do cross fit! and not to use crossfit shoes for running(obviously) so i use the running shoes for running and *nike* free runs for 30 day shred. I haven't had any issues yet but am not that far into it yet. level 1 day 3
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    i just got fitted for good running shoes, and when i was there the people told me not to wear running shoes to do cross fit! and not to use crossfit shoes for running(obviously) so i use the running shoes for running and *nike* free runs for 30 day shred. I haven't had any issues yet but am not that far into it yet. level 1 day 3

I think that's key. A good pair of shoes and socks make a huge difference! I'm on day 7 of Level 2 of my second go around and am doing all the advance moves. No problem with my shins or feet this time. I weigh 50lbs less than my first time so that has something to do with it but good shoes are a must!
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    my arms were aching really bad after level 1 for a few days, i started taking some protein shake and it made all the difference

I noticed the same thing (both the arms aching and the protein shakes helping). But I'm following the girl who modifies the moves right now because I'm really out of shape, so that might be why I'm not feeling it as much in my legs.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    This is primarily a cardio work out and you can do cardio as many days in a row as you would like. Most ppl are using 8 lbs or less of hand weights, hardly heavy lifting. If you are strength training you need a day of rest in between, but not for JM videos. She does suggest at least 1 day of rest / week.

I just completed the 30DS and it's totally worth sticking it out. My arms and shoulders are looking/feeling great. I mean if you aren't even close to in shape when you start you aren't going to shrink 3 sizes in (approx) 30 days. Most people lose inchs and not weight during the 30ds, so don't just go by the scale.
  • cdigiovanna
    Options
    Ok I will be 60 this month and trying to get and stay healthy. I have been doing all kinds of cardio, Jillian Michaels workouts, bike riding. Jillian Michaels workouts. I have ALL the DVD's and do them each. Seems like the weight 30 minute workouts I do really well with. The cardio workouts, another story. Should I be able to do more than 20 minutes workout with Jillian? I do ride the bike 11 minutes before and after her workouts. I really need to pick up the pace and lose some weight. I have lost 11 pounds over a 12 week period, but it seems I get stuck for like 3 weeks at a time and don't lose a pound. I eat very clean. Perhaps my age and the woman change thing?????? Suggestions?????
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day6 today!I'm actually feel so much better than I did to start. No soreness and moe energy!
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    This is primarily a cardio work out and you can do cardio as many days in a row as you would like. Most ppl are using 8 lbs or less of hand weights, hardly heavy lifting. If you are strength training you need a day of rest in between, but not for JM videos. She does suggest at least 1 day of rest / week.

I just completed the 30DS and it's totally worth sticking it out. My arms and shoulders are looking/feeling great. I mean if you aren't even close to in shape when you start you aren't going to shrink 3 sizes in (approx) 30 days. Most people lose inchs and not weight during the 30ds, so don't just go by the scale.

This is so true. I've only lost 1 lb so far but I have a lot more definition and it's actually made me ENJOY sweating and getting into working out. Stamina has really increased as well as my willpower. I think this is a great place to start if you are out of shape and working your way up from the middle/bottom.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!