Red meat can kill!!!!

Options

Replies

• Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Red meat doesn't kill people. People kill people.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'll need to show you on the doll where red meat touched me. *sob*
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    So maybe this is the problem, not the beef itself?

Levels of dioxin in different foods, originally courtesy of the EPA:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dioxin_chart.gif

Dioxin_chart.gif

This chart provided by the EPA is most likely based on people that buy CAFO (factory farmed meats). And I beleive the study listed by the OP is also based on people that are eating CAFO meat.

Pretty sure at this point people have to go out of their way to get any other kind, but I was wondering if a study out there showed different levels of dioxins and other contaminants in organic meat. I very much doubt one does exist, though, and our meat-industry loving government in the US would certainly never sponsor one.

Sadly, I don't believe most people will go out of their way to source better meats. Most people (especially in the US) don't want to spend more on food. Americans spend less on food than in most other countries.

I have the pleasure of being able to source meats grown and slaughtered the old fashioned way. The farmers also own the meat market, so you can follow your meat from farm to table which I like. This is also the case when I shop with local Amish farmers.

I am a firm believer that when it comes to food, the more old fashioned it is done, the better.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree with the topic statement, Humans are made up of red meat and I kill every year I go deer hunting :laugh:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Ink pens can kill too.....
    pen_trick.jpg
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Y'all have heard of the group PETA right? I'm all for it. You know, people eating tasty animals. :happy:
  • Louise1583
    Louise1583 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Red meat will kill you if it's in the form of a cow that decides to sit on you.
  • Louise1583
    Louise1583 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Y'all have heard of the group PETA right? I'm all for it. You know, people eating tasty animals. :happy:

<3 !!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    So maybe this is the problem, not the beef itself?

Levels of dioxin in different foods, originally courtesy of the EPA:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dioxin_chart.gif

Dioxin_chart.gif

This chart provided by the EPA is most likely based on people that buy CAFO (factory farmed meats). And I beleive the study listed by the OP is also based on people that are eating CAFO meat.

Pretty sure at this point people have to go out of their way to get any other kind, but I was wondering if a study out there showed different levels of dioxins and other contaminants in organic meat. I very much doubt one does exist, though, and our meat-industry loving government in the US would certainly never sponsor one.

Sadly, I don't believe most people will go out of their way to source better meats. Most people (especially in the US) don't want to spend more on food. Americans spend less on food than in most other countries.

I have the pleasure of being able to source meats grown and slaughtered the old fashioned way. The farmers also own the meat market, so you can follow your meat from farm to table which I like. This is also the case when I shop with local Amish farmers.

I am a firm believer that when it comes to food, the more old fashioned it is done, the better.

Well, we spend more on things that cost less in other countries. Ironically, medical care is one of them. Frankly, a minimum wage worker simply can't afford to go organic. I know, I've tried at various times in my life to eat better (including vegetarian for many years and a very short lived, expensive attempt at being a vegan), and there were times when my budget was the deciding factor in whether or not I could succeed.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    In the late 70's, early 80's there was one scare after another

RED cherries cause cancer!!!!!

I quit eating cherries

HAMBURGERS cause cancer!!!!!

I quit eating hamburgers

SEX causes cancer!!

Eff it, I went back to the damn cherries and burgers

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: agree moderation is best! x
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    wtf
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Red meat can definitely kill ..... especially if it's still got hooves and horns attached and is chasing you through a field!

Think I'll file this latest revelation along with the rest of them in the bin.

SO very true!!!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Ink pens can kill too.....
    pen_trick.jpg

ha ha x
  • sarahnicole218
    Options
    ******Breaking News******

Scientists have discovered that the leading cause of death is being born. Based on the observation that 100% of persons born in the 19th century have since died it has been determined that there is a direct correlation between being born and dying.

Exactly!
  • jabba11
    jabba11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The earth is flat..science knows nothing and can prove very little in this world..the ultimate audacity of man is that they "think" they know what is going on.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I love it when a news anchor is reading a story that's so ridiculous, even they start to giggle.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I love it when a news anchor is reading a story that's so ridiculous, even they start to giggle.
    Lol
  • SieggieSieg
    Options
    This is nothing new.
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Red meat is fine in moderation (it's been in our diet since the beginning of man). What's bad for you is the steroids and chemicals it is pumped with. I try and buy local to help cut down on that.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Red meat is fine in moderation (it's been in our diet since the beginning of man). What's bad for you is the steroids and chemicals it is pumped with. I try and buy local to help cut down on that.

Not only local, but source out grass fed also and this includes pork products. Pigs can be free pastured to root too.