does lemon honey on empty stomach before workout help!

Options
i drink lemon and honey in water after i get up and then go for gym!! will it help?

Replies

• jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    bump - i would like to know this as well. I've never heard of it before.
  • radhika1
    radhika1 Posts: 20
    Options
    well i heard many ppl suggest this and they say it helped them a lot!! its lemon and honey in wwarm water to be taken on an empty stomach!!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Help with what?

I always eat at least an hour before I work out. I work out WAY too hard to do it on an empty stomach, I'd pass out!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Help with what?

^ This is an important question.

The only thing I can think of it helping with would be to satisfy a craving for lemon-honey water. But, after OP answers maybe a more specific answer can be provided.
  • radhika1
    Options
    help to lose weight!! and i workout having lemon and honey befpre
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options

No.
  • Sidesteal
    Options

Short answer: No.

If you're consuming this instead of food, and this causes you to eat fewer calories, then indirectly yes, but the same could be said for chewing on grass.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Help with what?

^ This is an important question.

The only thing I can think of it helping with would be to satisfy a craving for lemon-honey water. But, after OP answers maybe a more specific answer can be provided.
    I am assuming the simple sugars provide energy for the workout. The late Steve Reeves used to drink something like that.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Why would it help anyone lose weight? I'm not being snarky - I just don't understand why you think that.
  • radhika1
    Options
    i think this is something Indian ppl do!! i have so many ppl suggest me that here!!
    http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/honey-and-lemon.html
  • Sidesteal
    Options

I am assuming the simple sugars provide energy for the workout. The late Steve Reeves used to drink something something like that.

That makes sense, but I had a hunch the OP was thinking weight loss so I didn't bother to go there initially.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

No.

Agreed. Eating sensibly and getting a good combination of cardio and strength training is the best advice I can give in regards to losing weight. There's no special trick to it, it just takes patience and perseverance.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Huh. That sounds like a myth. Better search on Google it though to make sure. I have a feeling they are yankin' yer chains.
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    i think this is something Indian ppl do!! i have so many ppl suggest me that here!!

There is a lot of misinformation on the link you provided. Or at best, nothing proven. If anyone, anywhere, can provide me with reliable data showing improved fatty acid mobilization from honey consumption I will change my position on this.

Cliffs: OP -- it's not going to work, and I would disregard that website.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options

Successful people use a balanced diet, a reasonable excersize regiment, and a mild calorie deficit.
  • radhika1
    Options
    if you google, every link says it helps!!
    ps: sorry if am being stubborn, just clearing a doubt i had!!:)
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Its not going to hurt you at the very least. If you want to drink it before you work out then go for it. :flowerforyou:
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Drinking a cup of hot water with lemon in it in the morning is supose to awaken your body your adrenal and endrocrine system telling it to start working. My endrocrine Dr actually advises his patients to drink that every morning before eating anything as it stimulates the pancreas to get ready to make insulin. I know honey has medicinal properties (my mom use to give us honey and lemon mixed into shot glass of whiskey to kick a cold or just knock us out as kids, lol) but dont think that has any benefit to weight loss.
  • Sidesteal
    Options

This is a forum post in a random weight loss website. There is absolutely nothing fact-based (or should I say scientifically supported) in this link.

You need to be very careful when you randomly pick a blog to follow for weight loss advice. There are plenty of them that are full of terrible information.

In an effort to help you, I would very highly regard the following locations for information for you:
    www.body-improvements.com
    www.weightology.net
    www.alanaragon.com
    www.leangains.com
    www.bodyrecomposition.com

The above websites have free resources and many of the articles are supported by peer-reviewed research.