Is your stomach shaped like a "B"?

Options

Replies

• Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    oh honey...I am SOOO a big OLE' Capital "B" ...however I keep hoping SOMEDAY it will go away but it's frustrating and sometimes makes me sad
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Same boat as you OP! I have been lifting for a couple months too. Hasn't seemed to make that great of a difference. Though I am still on the upper end of normal BMI so it might go away after a while maybe...
  • Califragilistic
    Options
    You aren't the only one - I also have a B when I'm in a 'thick' (I refuse to use the 'f' word) phase. However, as I've gone up and down the scales (of life), what happens is that is turns into a smaller B and at the moment (as I'm being so good with my yoga), its down to a small b which pleases me to no end.

What I find is that my upper half tends to disappear first then the lower half (if you keep at it as I'm trying to do with my personal goal of 100 days of continuous yoga), it slowly shifts. I've never had and i tummy, ever in my life, though I'm still looking forward to the occasion (fingers crossed). My scales have stopped shifting, if anything, they're moving on up, probably due to the muscle mass I'm gaining, but that doesn't worry me as overall, I'm in ok shape.

Hope this helps, and keep at it:)
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you asked this question; my stomach is also "B" shaped, and I've been curious if I'll ever achieve the flat look I want. The only thing I can do is to continue working for it through exercise and diet.

I guess that's all I can do too.
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    I have that same shape. I'm sure yours has changed! Have you ever taken measurements? I didn't when I first started but finally started taking body measurements last summer. Looking at myself every day, I don't notice much of a change but that measuring tape sure has told me diferent - I've lost 11 inches in my waist just in the last 7 months! By the way, that's measuring above the belly button at the widest part of my belly.

Haven't gotten close enough to goal to see if I'll get that flat look but I remember having it back in high school before I started gaining so I would assume I'll have it again!

Yes I do take measurements. So that's why I said that I've lost lots of inches and my stomach is a lot smaller but the B shape hasn't changed and there's still that extra body fat at the top and bottom.
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    I have always had a "B" stomach. In fact, I remember once in 5th grade, someone was jump-roping and her shirt came up and she too had this problem and my friend said (completely horrified), "Oh my god she has a double gut. That's disgusting!!!"

I have been horrified and ashamed of my body every since. I am still working on it, but I think with enough weight loss, it will (hopefully) go away!!

PS - most people (even skinny people) have a little "pouch" under their belly button. Why? A section of intestine pokes out right there!!! So that may never go away completely. But it may be less dramatic with weight loss.

Wow, I would have been horrified too.
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    All the women in my family have that. My sister is really skinny but still had it so she had lipo. I had vaser lipo two years ago to change the shape.

My mother is tiny and really fit but still has it unfortunately.

Sometimes I feel like maybe one day I'll have to get lipo too but I hope I don't have to go that far. Maybe after I have a baby I will. Who knows.
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    My "B" turned into a "b" and then turned into a "l"

Just hang in there, you're correct, spot reducing doesn't work. Be patient and stay on track, you can do this!

Thanks Lucky, I hope I can be that lucky if I just keep at it too.
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    This won't solve the problem, but proper posture will help. When you sit or stand slouched over, your stomach fat rests on itself.

Thanks for the tip, I'm definitely a sloucher.
  • KathieElisa
    Options
    When I read this topic title I laughed because I just realized my belly does look like a B lol I have what I call my abs (funny to say abs since I'm fat lol) under my breasts from sucking in the belly for so many yrs then the pouch under .... sad but true ! Hopefully when I get closer to my goal I can find a way to get rid of it and actually have a flat stomach =/
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    oh look... i am not the only one wih a "B" stomach... good to know.. i have been told it has something to do with a anterior pelvic tilt.. but who really knows.
    Yea my stomach kinda looks like yours Taylor. Glad to know I'm not alone. I'll have to research this anterior pelvic tilt thing.
  • mbeis
    mbeis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Mine is always like that-- no matter how skinny I get or how much I work out. Even when I was 105 and a kickboxer, I had a slight B shape to me. Oh well! Gotta work with what you can I suppose.
  • pinkhu13
    pinkhu13 Posts: 133
    Options
    When I was bigger I had a bit of a 'B' belly but it was because of how/where I was wearing my pants. When I stopped wearing them that way it went away.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but I'm off to see if it is. :frown:
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    You aren't the only one - I also have a B when I'm in a 'thick' (I refuse to use the 'f' word) phase. However, as I've gone up and down the scales (of life), what happens is that is turns into a smaller B and at the moment (as I'm being so good with my yoga), its down to a small b which pleases me to no end.

What I find is that my upper half tends to disappear first then the lower half (if you keep at it as I'm trying to do with my personal goal of 100 days of continuous yoga), it slowly shifts. I've never had and i tummy, ever in my life, though I'm still looking forward to the occasion (fingers crossed). My scales have stopped shifting, if anything, they're moving on up, probably due to the muscle mass I'm gaining, but that doesn't worry me as overall, I'm in ok shape.

Hope this helps, and keep at it:)

Thanks Cali and good luck to you!
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    Mine is always like that-- no matter how skinny I get or how much I work out. Even when I was 105 and a kickboxer, I had a slight B shape to me. Oh well! Gotta work with what you can I suppose.

Yea seems for many people no matter how small they get they still have that shape so I guess I'll just have to accept it and move on. :ohwell:
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    When I was bigger I had a bit of a 'B' belly but it was because of how/where I was wearing my pants. When I stopped wearing them that way it went away.

How were you wearing them? You're the second person to mention the pants thing. Hmmm...
  • Nucky719
    Nucky719 Posts: 143
    Options
    Mines more like an R. The bottom lines being my skinny legs, and the top just a pooched out pregnant looking stomach. :laugh:
  • msjones2831
    msjones2831 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well I don't have any tips, but I have the little "b" problem. I lost some weight and my boobs shrunk, but my tummy has not!!! :sad: It sucks! Thank God for spanx.... :wink:
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    If it was, every day when I woke up I'd look down and I'd be like:

"YO WHATTUP B!?"