Is your stomach shaped like a "B"?

Options

Replies

• tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    OMG I vote THIS for best comment!! LOL But seriously I am so glad you asked that cause I have had this B problem all my life no matter how much I weigh! when I was around 140 in highschool, playing basket ball I still had it. I described it as having some one putting a rope around me and pulling....The more situps I did it seemed the bigger the bottom hump got.... I could shrink the top one so that it almost looked like a "b" esp if I sucked in but there was always the 2 humps...I hate it to....I don't so much mind the bottom pouch when it is smaller and tighter but I hate hate the top one that never seems to go away all the way (unless I suck in but I can't walk around like that all the time)

Oh and I wanted to specify that the indent for me has always just been in the front. If it goes all the way around I call that a fat roll..and the more you weigh the more likely you are to have it...that is why the biggest loser peeps often have it...but the true B that I am talking about is where it only looks like a B from the side...from the front you have the hour glass shape (no matter how big or small) or you have the O shape when looking strait on from the front...that is how it goes for me...as I gained weight my front view started to look less hour glass more O, but profile always looked like a B (the bumps just got bigger).

Yeah mine is just on my belly hence the B the back is normal looking but from the front and side there's the indent on my navel ugh. Luckily I have the hourglass shape that I can look good wearing the right clothes and pants but come bathing suit season no bueno!!!
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    what's my stomach shaped like? lol
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Mine is more of a lowercase b now. No more top pooch, and the bottom one is almost gone. I just want my love handles to follow and I would be a happy camper.
  • neeneegirl
    Options
    I HAVE A B!!! lol.. I have an indented line that won't go away above my bellybutton. Hopefully when I loose more weight it will get better... but it does look like it will never go away.. fingers crossed haha..
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! I think we should be happy because we don't carry much fat around our waists,
    But still I feel like it's impossible to flatten out my B ):
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    Mine is too, and I hate hate hate it. Always have. The worst part is the lower abs, because one side has more fat than the other, so until I get really close to my goal weight, they'll continue to be there, looking ugly and awkward. :grumble:
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    Mine is like a lower case "o".
  • b3llzy
    b3llzy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I definitely have a "B" belly...hate it! Same as another poster, can't see my belly button! I'm all about strength training to tone muscles under the skin for a better end result after the fat is gone....but I can't help thinking I'll end up with a deflated balloon looking sac hanging over my belly button even when the weight is gone! :sad:
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I have a B belly too. Thanks for asking this. I thought i was alone.
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Mines more like an R. The bottom lines being my skinny legs, and the top just a pooched out pregnant looking stomach. :laugh:

I'm trying to picture an "R" stomach but I don't think I can.
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    Well I don't have any tips, but I have the little "b" problem. I lost some weight and my boobs shrunk, but my tummy has not!!! :sad: It sucks! Thank God for spanx.... :wink:

Oh yea, how did we ever survive without spanx :)
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    If it was, every day when I woke up I'd look down and I'd be like:

"YO WHATTUP B!?"

:laugh:
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    I have one of those B stomachs too. I asked my trainer about it and he said that it eventually goes away. You can't control where you lose fat. You can control what muscles you build, but fat disappears as it wants. And my trainer used to be a heavy guy and had the same B problem. He now has a six pack of abs.

But you are not alone, as noted by all of the others who have already posted, as well as me. Be encouraged, it will eventually go away with hard work.

Thanks for the encouragement.
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    I have a lowercase b as well.... That stubborn little underbelly button pouch! I just keep working at it.. Im just happy that now instead of just wanting to "lose weight and I dont care where" Im starting to notice the little spots that need work.. like inside knees.. LORD don't get me started on my inside knee flab!

LOL, don't get me started on that either. But I will say that since losing weight that inside knee flab has gotten a lot smaller.
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    Rather than just dieting, are you doing workouts in regular basis? I don't mean just cardio.. i mean real workout which includes strength training.
    This is a common problem at people who loose a lot of weight, but still have that extra fat that is so stubborn. Check online about it, what causes it and how to get rid of it.

http://www.sixpackfactory.com/how-long-will-it-take-to-get-6-pack-abs-formula-inside/

I'm not only eating healthy but I work out A LOT and yes it's REAL workouts. I've lost around 40lbs and a lot of inches. I do cardio 2-3 times a week and I lift weights 3 times a week. I've lost the weight very slowly. I started seriously trying to lose weight in July 2010 so that's almost 2 years. Thanks for the article, I will check it out.
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    I don't think it has anything to do with how you wear your clothes. I heard ages ago (and I can't find anything to back my memory up now, of course :P ) that it has something to do with the connective tissue women have in that area, or the way it's structured in women, or something. It seems like I heard that on some surgery tv show on cable years and years ago. :P I've never actually seen a man with this issue, as far as I know it's just the girls who are the lucky ones there.

And of course as soon as I hit post, I see someone who knows a guy who had the same problem. :) Maybe I heard it was more common in women...it was a long time ago!

Hmmm...interesting.
  • butterflyliz32
    butterflyliz32 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My friend says her stomach was like that from wearing pants that were tight around the waist (even when she was naked, the indent was still there). It went away once she lost a lot of body fat, her skin adjusted, and her pants no longer caused the indent at her waist.

That's interesting. I often wondered if it was something I was doing that caused my stomach to be that way. For me though my pants have always been bigger at the waist because I had to buy pants sizes that would get over my hips and the waist usually ended up being bigger.

I was guilty of wearing pants that were way too small in high school, and thus have created the permanent "equator" arond my belly (I also have a B-shaped belly). 40 lbs down, and it still looks like a B. I am also worried that my lower belly will continue to get lower as I lose.
  • OneBryteSmile
    Options
    what's my stomach shaped like? lol

NOT a B lol. It's shaped like the stomach most of us want to achieve.
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My friend says her stomach was like that from wearing pants that were tight around the waist (even when she was naked, the indent was still there). It went away once she lost a lot of body fat, her skin adjusted, and her pants no longer caused the indent at her waist.

My waist is like this too, and I used to buy pants that were tight around the waist too, I wonder if thats why I have one. I hope it goes away!
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    bump for later :O)