Is your stomach shaped like a "B"?

Options

Replies

• kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I definitely have a B shape. I always wondered if it was from my pants. I'm glad I'm not alone and I'm glad to hear that it might go away!
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    Mine is more like a capital D, but now it's been kinda squished. Still the big roundness though.
    My friend says her stomach was like that from wearing pants that were tight around the waist (even when she was naked, the indent was still there). It went away once she lost a lot of body fat, her skin adjusted, and her pants no longer caused the indent at her waist.

My hips do that. I always wondered if it was from years of too-tight undies and pants.
  • Adshill
    Adshill Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you asked this question; my stomach is also "B" shaped, and I've been curious if I'll ever achieve the flat look I want. The only thing I can do is to continue working for it through exercise and diet.

Yep, me too. I just figured it was from the waistbands on my pants - although I don't really wear them that tight. I am also a sloucher, so it could be either one. I still have 30 or so pounds to lose so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it flattens out!
  • Adshill
    Options
    If it was, every day when I woke up I'd look down and I'd be like:

"YO WHATTUP B!?"

:laugh: Now I'm gonna have to do that tomorrow!
  • JJhoney
    JJhoney Posts: 29
    Options
    I lot of people have this, I think. It's from our pants pushing into the fat, creating the indent over time.
  • chairperson
    Options
    My sympathies. I have the same problem. I also attribute it to my pants. When I was gaining weight in late high school/early college I was wearing pants that were too tight for me and sat lower on my hips. I don't wear the trendiest of pants currently, but I very intentionally started wearing better fitting, higher waisted jeans to try and resolve it.

I'm still clearly overweight, and that's definitely still my "folding point" but what used to be a defined crease is now much softer and my belly button has come out from hiding! I've also lost some weight, so that could have something to do with it.

Aaaand, I also have roll (or pouches?) of fat below my bust.

My analogy? When you hang a tree swing from the limb of a tree, the tree and bark begin to grow around it. I'm the tree...my pants were the rope.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

"YO WHATTUP B!?"

Heh. Your profile pic is beautiful by the way. Where is that lake?
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've heard this can be related to an insulin disorder, and if so, it can actually be due to water retention. Wouldn't hurt to get things checked out.
  • rmsturdy
    rmsturdy Posts: 73
    Options
    Hello genetics. Even at 13% body fat, I still had a little pouch. Drove me nuts because all my team mates were RIPPED and had fantastic abs. Ack.
  • suziinc
    suziinc Posts: 6
    Options
    I have one of those B stomachs too. I asked my trainer about it and he said that it eventually goes away. You can't control where you lose fat. You can control what muscles you build, but fat disappears as it wants. And my trainer used to be a heavy guy and had the same B problem. He now has a six pack of abs.

But you are not alone, as noted by all of the others who have already posted, as well as me. Be encouraged, it will eventually go away with hard work.
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have a lowercase b as well.... That stubborn little underbelly button pouch! I just keep working at it.. Im just happy that now instead of just wanting to "lose weight and I dont care where" Im starting to notice the little spots that need work.. like inside knees.. LORD don't get me started on my inside knee flab!
  • Adshill
    Options

"YO WHATTUP B!?"

Heh. Your profile pic is beautiful by the way. Where is that lake?

Thanks! It's Salt Fork Lake near Cambridge in Ohio. Very pretty, especially in the fall.
  • Miss_Hiker_Pants
    Miss_Hiker_Pants Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Feels good to not be alone. I've lost weight , but even in my yoga pants I still have that muffin top & pooch of a tummy. Ugg I hate it.. I doesn't even feel like I am getting mucles in my stomach. I hang around with a lot of fit people (hikers) and I always feel like the fat girl in the picture. Even tho some of those people, I can walk circles around.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Rather than just dieting, are you doing workouts in regular basis? I don't mean just cardio.. i mean real workout which includes strength training.
    This is a common problem at people who loose a lot of weight, but still have that extra fat that is so stubborn. Check online about it, what causes it and how to get rid of it.

http://www.sixpackfactory.com/how-long-will-it-take-to-get-6-pack-abs-formula-inside/
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I don't think it has anything to do with how you wear your clothes. I heard ages ago (and I can't find anything to back my memory up now, of course :P ) that it has something to do with the connective tissue women have in that area, or the way it's structured in women, or something. It seems like I heard that on some surgery tv show on cable years and years ago. :P I've never actually seen a man with this issue, as far as I know it's just the girls who are the lucky ones there.

And of course as soon as I hit post, I see someone who knows a guy who had the same problem. :) Maybe I heard it was more common in women...it was a long time ago!
  • Embell0830
    Embell0830 Posts: 105
    Options
    I HAVE THE "B" BELLY!!!!!!!!!!

You have NO idea how long I have been wondering if I am the only one. I must have the worse one out there... I will get a pic up eventually... My "B" is so bad that you cant' even see my belly button!! I have to lift up my "first" belly in order to see my belly button.. Its awful :(

I used to weigh 297 lbs. When I got down to 136, I STILL had the "B", I guess it goes away for some people, but never went away for me... Just want you to know I know how you feel... you look great by the way!!!

I've got the "B" you do. I think genetics plays a factor in the shape, but I could be wrong.
  • mesalem
    mesalem Posts: 10
    Options
    Same here!! However, I didn't think I was unusual. Has no one seen the Biggest Loser? Many contestants have it.

I've never been skinny ever, but I used to be much smaller than I am now, and until my early 20s, I had a flat stomach. However, when I gained all this extra weight, it grew into the dreaded B. Actually sometimes after a meal, it seems that the top part is actually more protruding :grumble: . But because I know that I wasn't originally like that, I'm optimistic that with weight loss, that B will go away. So, hang in there !!!
  • aquarianpixi
    aquarianpixi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have a "B" stomach too. It's always confused me when doing measurements, should I measure the waist line (the indent) or the farthest protruding bump? I started using my bra strap line instead for measurements because I could never make up my mind on which to track.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Yep, B-shaped here as well. Even though I'm starting to get a hint of that nice, vertical line down my ab area, my stomach still has that indent and poooooch! Very frustrating, haha, hoping it will go away with time.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options

"YO WHATTUP B!?"

OMG I vote THIS for best comment!! LOL But seriously I am so glad you asked that cause I have had this B problem all my life no matter how much I weigh! when I was around 140 in highschool, playing basket ball I still had it. I described it as having some one putting a rope around me and pulling....The more situps I did it seemed the bigger the bottom hump got.... I could shrink the top one so that it almost looked like a "b" esp if I sucked in but there was always the 2 humps...I hate it to....I don't so much mind the bottom pouch when it is smaller and tighter but I hate hate the top one that never seems to go away all the way (unless I suck in but I can't walk around like that all the time)

Oh and I wanted to specify that the indent for me has always just been in the front. If it goes all the way around I call that a fat roll..and the more you weigh the more likely you are to have it...that is why the biggest loser peeps often have it...but the true B that I am talking about is where it only looks like a B from the side...from the front you have the hour glass shape (no matter how big or small) or you have the O shape when looking strait on from the front...that is how it goes for me...as I gained weight my front view started to look less hour glass more O, but profile always looked like a B (the bumps just got bigger).