Hummus?

Options
124»

Replies

• amandamickey
    Options
    No love for Trader Joe's hummus!? That's all I normally buy (other than the hummus that I buy on Sundays at my local farmer's market!) - so good with baby carrots, pepper strips, celery sticks, etc. YUM.
  • btb079
    btb079 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love Athenos Three Pepper Spicy! Love it with mini sweet peppers. YUM! Actually that is my lunch (or part of most days!)
  • Ms_Cindyrella
    Ms_Cindyrella Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me hungry! My favorite is a hard boiled egg, sliced in half, with the yolk removed and replaced with hummus!! I also make a wrap with turkey, romaine, and hummus.

I agree, this thread making me hungry, think I may try to make my own, lot of great ideas here.
    You wont know until you try it.. so give it a shot
  • EmMaKe26
    EmMaKe26 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes! Make your own, totally! Sooo much better and cheaper and of course you control what you put in it (always a plus)
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I just made a batch of it, thanks to this thread. One can of chick peas, LOADS of garlic, freshly juiced lemon, tahini, s & p, and olive oil. YUM.

I'm going to reek for a while, but who cares? lol
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Great recipe for hummus:
    1 14 oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
    1 3 oz jar Napolean roasted red bell pepper pesto
    whirl together with food processor
    serve with veggie "chips" or pita chips or crackers
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I went to the store last night specifically for Hummus :) I picked up the Sabra Roasted Garlic. I tried it on a triscuit cracker. I thought it tasted OK, but REALLY strong garlic flavor. I wanted the roasted red pepper, but they were out.

Can you eat it warm? My hubby didn't care for it and thought it would be better if it were a warm dip.
  • rocknrobn92
    rocknrobn92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We used it to stuff in mushroom caps and baked them with one small slice of a string cheese on top...it was DIVINE!
  • eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i tried the trader joe's chipotle flavor and it's pretty good! if you try some, do it with some toasted bread, mm, delciious.
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hummus is something I absolutely love. I can not have it in the house though as it does trigger binges. I eat it until the whole package is gone. I lose all control when it comes to hummus.
  • nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me hungry! My favorite is a hard boiled egg, sliced in half, with the yolk removed and replaced with hummus!! I also make a wrap with turkey, romaine, and hummus.

^^ This sounds sooooo good.
  • Glassgal01
    Glassgal01 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I Love Hummus, need to find a low cal version though.
  • CADreaming09
    CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    All hummus do not taste the same, I have to say that first.

I first tried it out almost 5 years ago and I absolutely love it now.

I have tried sooo many different kinds, from Traders Joe's, Whole Foods, farmers markets, etc.

And the BEST one that I have tried and will keep going back to (unless I find something else, then I'll probably alternate between the two) is SABRA!!! Every flavor is great. But my favorite is the Roasted Pine Nut. But honestly they are all good.
  • CADreaming09
    CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of warming it up. I don't think it would taste that good, but if you do, hope it isn't bad :)
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I :heart: hummus! With toasted pita bread/carrot sticks etc....:drinker:
  • Kateraptor
    Options
    I ate hummus for lunch today, lol. I love original hummus, but my favorites are roasted red bell pepper and cilantro and jalapeño hummus, so amazing. I used to be weirded out by it, then I tried it, fell in love with it and eat it pretty frequently.