3 minor confessions

Options

Replies

• AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    1. I'm almost 50!!!!
    2. I'm prematurely gray.
    3. I'm staying late at work and on MFP instead of working!
  • therapyruns
    therapyruns Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have gotten way over my head with projects at the moment and am stretched beyond thin.
    I hate that because I have been so stressed with work I can't run as much as I want to.
    I miss my Dad more than anyone, including him, will ever know.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    1. i plan to go to a chinese buffet real soon, and eat alot!
    2. i m ADDICTED to army wives, and i cry like a baby during it!
    3. i literally go broke buying things for my son, that im sure he dosent need, because i didnt have alot growing up and it is my goal to give him an awesome childhood full of love and fun!

I completely do #3 all the time.

I have a shopping addiction and it all goes to him.
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    I sometimes eat candy corn till I blow. (but not often)
    I don't like anyone to use my bathroom in my house.
    I hate it when someone says, "can I have a bite of that"? Then I can't eat after them and have to toss it.
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    1. I really don't believe that I will ever wear shorts in public again and not be embarrassed by the cellulite on my legs. I dont think I will ever be comfortable with it even if I reach my goal weight.

2. I am afraid that I will be forever single and never have sex again! How sad! I am too shy and seem to be pretty unapproachable by men.

3. I would love to have friends, but have pretty much been a loner since my best friend got killed in a car wreck 12 years ago. That hurt me more than I even imagined it would and has made me scared of getting close to anyone else! I get lonely though!
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    1. I broke up with the love of my life several years ago because I am not a lesbian, and I felt bad for still being attracted to men, even though I loved her very deeply . I am often a jerk to my fiance because I wish he was more like her. Thankfully, she is an amazing human being with incredible powers of forgiveness, and we are still very dear friends.

2. Sometimes, I wish like crazy that I could smoke a joint now and then.

3. People think I'm very extroverted because I am friendly, outgoing, and never seem to be afraid of public speaking. They have no idea how many years it took to cultivate these skills, how much energy being around crowds takes out of me, or how much my knees shake whenever I am speaking in public (I wear long skirts a lot for a reason).
  • suzq0970
    suzq0970 Posts: 6
    Options
    1. I LOVE the Ice Loves Coco show on E!
    2. I am refusing to give up dark chocolate, but manage to limit myself to 1-2 small squares a day.
    3. I would KILL for a large pepperoni pizza and a pitcher of Patron Margaritas right this very moment!

(Today kinda sucked and I'm struggling with the most productive way to vent my frustration!)

Wow, I do feel a little better! Love this idea!
  • Tasha_Stew
    Options
    1) I'm terrified that I won't find a job next year (I'm graduating and am in a mountain of debt!)
    2) My knees hurt a lot when I run but I like doing it so I don't want to see a doctor about it.
    3) I have the biggest crush on Neville Longbottom.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    1. One Halloween, I ate so many Skittles that I actually threw up a rainbow...:sick: I will never eat them again :sick:
    2. I play with LEGOs (even though I don't have kids.)
    3. :yawn: Waking up to the "Dexter" theme song makes me happy :laugh:
  • HittingHerStride
    Options
    1. I hate that I am the one everyone calls when they need someone to talk to yet I don't seem to have anyone I can depend on
    2. I live in fight or flight mode everyday and it takes a toll on my body and mind - my son has a rare auto-immune disease that has turned our lives upside down and you never know when or why the next flare will come
    3. It makes me angry that I have to be the strongest person I know and that everyone sees that as my greatest asset when all I really want to do is be vulnerable and cry - I think my disordered eating is to stuff my real emotions so I can be the person everyone needs me to be
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    2.) When I was 8 or 9 years old, I had a sleep-over at a friend's house and we snuck downstairs and hid behind a sofa to watch the movie Child's Play..... bad idea! I also had given to me around this time, one of those damned "My Buddy" dolls..... can you see where this is going?! To this day I cannot be around any type of doll without watching it for any movements or even watch the damn movies with Chucky in it! I suffered nightmares every night until I was about 14 years old. I literally beat the sheot out of that doll everyday, tried to throw it away, drown it in the tub.... somehow, it always ended back up in my bedroom! When I was 20 years old and in college, some friends wanted to have a horror movie night, and I was all for it cause I love that genre...... well the first film up was Child's Play and I thought to myself..... "Okay, I can do this! That was a long time ago. Don't be a *****, Chad......" and I wasn't..... till I was, and ran out of the apartment and into the hallway of the apartment building crunched up into a fetal position and balling my froggin' eyes out! Never realized just how traumatized I really was till then.

Dude, Chucky was the first scary movie I ever saw (I was like four or five & I remember sneaking into the living room & watching from behind the couch after my babysitter sent me to bed) & I -still- can't be around those kinds of dolls. Totes thought I was the only one!

:heart:
  • gagesmom314
    gagesmom314 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    1. I love my job but dislike not knowing where I stand with my boss. He is a very private person who keeps everything to himself and seems to let his personal life affect his mood.

2. I wish my dad would have died when he had his massive stroke five years ago as opposed to ending up in a wheelchair in a nursing home. I am an only child with divorced parents and I have to take care of him and honestly I miss when he would take care of me. I also feel selfish for feeling this way.

3. I no longer really like the taste of chocolate but I could eat a whole can of Pizza flavored Pringles.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    1) I justify my binging with things like "Well I don't get to eat _______ very often"
    2) I'm starting to really enjoy running...but I have been very lazy about it lately.
    3) Once I start eating certain foods I can't stop. Like pizza.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    1. My practice run mothers day cupcakes look like a 3 year old made them!
    2. I ended up eating more than I logged late on the last 2 days because my medication made me hungry before bed. I should have just gone to bed.
    3. I told a little white lie today and told someone my phone was being cut off, because she is hounding the life out of me and driving me crazy. Feel awful now! X
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ahmedlogic
    ahmedlogic Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1. My weight loss progress has halted for the past 5 or so months and I am incredibly scared to go anywhere near the weight I was before.
    2. I hate what I see in the mirror still.
    3. I want to look good naked.
  • sollyn
    sollyn Posts: 179
    Options
    We get 3 a day, right?

1. I HATE migraines! I have had them since I was 13 and they have been chronic for 4 yrs+. My friends and strangers try to say they know what I am going through but half of them have never even had a migraine (husband included).
    2. Having a chronic illness really shows you who your REAL friends are. I can count on one hand the number of true real friends. I have hundreds on Facebook but consider most of them acquaintances or friends of times ago.
    3. I used to be happy go lucky and was the person everyone wanted to be around. Now I feel most people avoid me due to my negativity. I try real hard to stay positive but I have a lot more bad days than good.
    4. I have become a hermit. I'd rather be alone or with one other person than be around a crowd. I actually avoid social situations now.
    5. I really miss being around friends,etc but I tend not to even make plans anymore as I have had to cancel so many times due to point #1 that I feel guilty.
    6. I have wanted to be a mother for as long as I can remember. I have been married just under 12 yrs and get bugged all the time about why we don't have kids yet.
    7. A lot of my friends have kids and I don't get included in activities because I don't have them.
    8. I get sad thinking about #6 at least once a day. I was healthy for quite a few years of my marriage and could have easily had kids but my husband wasn't ready. He finally decided he was ready when I was too sick to take care of myself. I partially resent him for that.
    9. I'm scared to lose my dog. She is 11 yrs old and was healthy her whole life until last Nov when she got pneumonia and has had several relapses since then. We have spent thousands in vet bills and she seems to be better but still don't know if we are out of the woods.
    10. Tears are rolling down my cheeks as I type this. I seem to cry at the smallest things these days including tv shows.
    11. I watch WAY too much tv.
    12. We had 2 out of state moves within a year. We moved back into our house and near my family in Oct and half the house still needs to be unpacked. I just don't have the energy to do it.
    13. I resent the fact most days I can't be independent. Hubby works all day and then has to come home and cook dinner. I feel so guilty about this.
    14. I can't remember a time I was comfortable in my own skin.

Wow. This is really cathartic. A couple more to lighten the mood.

15. I watch a lot of shows most of my 'friends' wouldn't approve of I.
    16. I am addicted to Pinterest and now MFP. It is an escape for me.
    17. I became a night owl 4 yrs ago when I had to quit working. I was up until after 5 last night and woke up a couple hours ago but am still laying in bed after 3pm.
    18. My cousin and I couldn't stand each other growing up. We were the same age and fought for attention. She even moved in with us at one point growing up. She is now my best friend. We live thousands of miles apart and I miss her so much it hurts.
    You sound like you need some help coping with your illness. Getting your sleep pattern sorted would help as well. Even if you have to use a herbal remedy.
    You can add me as a friend if you would like to talk about all this. I am no doctor, but I have been where you are and have managed to regain some sense of normality.
    Good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • ahmedlogic
    ahmedlogic Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1) I'm terrified that I won't find a job next year (I'm graduating and am in a mountain of debt!)
    2) My knees hurt a lot when I run but I like doing it so I don't want to see a doctor about it.
    3) I have the biggest crush on Neville Longbottom.

Go see a doctor! It will only escalate to the point where you can't run anymore from the pain (even if it is from from it right now), and then you will be forced to get yourself checked out. Better safe than sorry
  • sollyn
    sollyn Posts: 179
    Options
    I sometimes eat candy corn till I blow. (but not often)
    I don't like anyone to use my bathroom in my house.
    I hate it when someone says, "can I have a bite of that"? Then I can't eat after them and have to toss it.

I thought I was the only one on 3! I could never clear up the plate after my daughter. Just makes me want to urge. I am even worse with sharing drinks! lol
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    1. I just realized I have never dated or been married to anyone older than me.
    2. I have a stalker type crush on someone here and they're younger than me too.
    3. I love my pot cookies/brownies and will not give them up.