Pants on show and other embarrassing incidents....

Options

Replies

• LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    This past summer I was walking to the Subway near work and in order to get there I have to cross a very busy street. I usually jog across so I'm out of the way quickly. Well, as I'm jogging, my jeans started to fall down...all of the traffic got a great look at my panties for a second before I could hitch them and continue running holding up my pants...
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have so many embarrasing stories it is untrue. I am one of those people who just seem to be completely uncoordinated and half-daft! Lol.

My most recent happened just the other day. Decided to go to the gym and walking down I felt I could see something out of the corner of my eye. I wear glasses, though, and thought it was just the way the sunlight was reflecting off the lens or something, so I ignored it. Completed the 15 minute walk to the gym along a fairly bus road, went up to the receptionist to clock in, aware of funny looks, went to the toilet before I went into the gym and since I still felt like I could see something out the corner of my eye I decided to take my glasses off to clean them. There was a hair-tie caught in the joint of my glasses that had been dangling around at the side of my face! It was all tangled up in itself so that explains why it wasn't hitting off my face but why I could see something out of the corner of my eye! Needless to say, I felt like a bit of an idiot.

My friend's favourite funny story about me happened when we were about 22 and went to the Uni karate club together. The instructor was terrifying. A very hard man to please and since I'm one of these people who likes to be liked by everyone, I was always trying desperately to please him and the fact that it was almost impossible to please him made me extremely nervous round about him. So anyway, my friend and I were waiting to go into class. It was about 7pm and the instructor turned up. I cheerfully tried to greet him sounding nonchalent with a loud, "Good morning!" then realised it wasn't morning but 7pm at night. Instead of just laughing and saying, "I meant Good evening!" I started to completely get all stressed and nervous and started warbling about how I didn't know why I said morning 'cause it was clearly evening and blah blah blah. He walked away from me looking at me like I was a crazy person which was exactly what I would have done if I had been him! Lol.

Another story that makes people crack up happened when I was in the O.T.C. (the Officer Training Corps.). We went to live fire on a range. It was my first time live firing and I was a bit nervous. There were about 10 of us there and it was the first time firing for all of us and we were using the opportunity to zero in our weapons so each of us had an officer or non-commissioned officer with us coaching us on our shooting technique and coming up to the targets with us to check how we were getting on. So anyway, we fired our first rounds and the Major in charge of me and myself went up to look at my target. So he then said to me, "right, paste it up, then". As I say, I'd never shot or been on a range in my life before but assumed (rightly) that he wanted me to paste paper over the holes in the target. OK, no bother. So I looked round about and found a little pot of paste on the ground but couldn't find paper anywhere. So, having never done this before, I thought that perhaps there wasn't any paper and that the paste just visibly hardened white over the holes or something so that you could see that the whitened holes were previous shots and not the most recent shots. So I just pasted over them with the paste and went back to the firing position. When we went back up to look at the next shots I'd taken, there were more holes than there were shots so the major asked me why I hadn't pasted them up previously, so I explained that I had and that I thought the paste hardened so you could see where your previous shots had landed and he absolutely wet himself with laughter. He then proceeded to shout on every other officer within ear shot to them this and they were all howling with laughter asking me if I thought it was magic paste.

I'm a PhD student for a living and needless to say, I think my mum has a point when she says academic sorts have absolutely no common sense.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I have two that have happened in the last three months.

In December, I travelled from Duncan, SC to Raleigh, NC to spend CHRISTmas with my mom and sister. On the way back, I stopped near Charlotte, NC to get some dinner and to use the restroom. The first place I saw was a Wendy's. I went in the bathroom first, then got in line to place my order. I had to walk past the registers to get to the end of the line. About thirty seconds later, I noticed the cashier left her customer and came rushing out from behind the counter. She walked up next to me and whispered, "You have a really long toilet paper train hanging out of your jeans! You might wanna fix that." :embarassed:

The second happened just last week. I have a favorite pair of black workout pants that I wear at least once per week. I've had them for a couple of years now, so I've certainly gotten my money's worth out of them. Anyway, I have a pair of white undies that have black hearts on them. After work last Wednesday, I went to the gym like I usually do. After I was done at the gym, I went up the road to my Grandma's house to visit my aunt who'd had surgery the day before. At one point while I was visiting, I bent over to pick something up off the floor. My aunt, who was sitting in the chair behind me, said, "Oooohhh! Somebody's got on some cute heart undies!" Didn't bother me until I realized that if my shirt rode up at all while I was at the gym, everyone else there would have been able to see my undies through the pants. :embarassed: :embarassed: I guess it's time to find a new favorite pair of black workout pants. *SIGH* :ohwell:
  • dlperry65
    dlperry65 Posts: 83
    Options
    ok question every one has their weight loss showing ander their post how do i get that ???

Go to "Tools" all kinds to pick from and can customize.

Love all the stories!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    @ Tech - i've heard that's more comfortable....but the amount I forget my flies, it would prolly be a BAD idea ;P

confession, i never actually go commando. if i did though, fly would totally be down. and can't go scaring the kids, right?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Lol Kara xD well, at least the dress was pretty....!!

@Sue - haha, I've managed to leave the house in slippers before if that makes you feel any better Kara xD love that though - did you try and sell it as though you were just accessorising to the max Sue? xD
    The blue didn't match my outfit or I definitely would have given that a go! Actually, I lived only a few miles away so I drove home on my first break and changed shoes.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    ok question every one has their weight loss showing ander their post how do i get that ???

Click Tools and then Tickers to select your style. Once that's done, on the message boards (right between "My Topics and "Search"), click Settings and check that box that says "Show your MyFitnessPal ticker below each of your forum posts"
  • GuruOnAMountain
    Options
    The second happened just last week. I have a favorite pair of black workout pants that I wear at least once per week. I've had them for a couple of years now, so I've certainly gotten my money's worth out of them. Anyway, I have a pair of white undies that have black hearts on them. After work last Wednesday, I went to the gym like I usually do. After I was done at the gym, I went up the road to my Grandma's house to visit my aunt who'd had surgery the day before. At one point while I was visiting, I bent over to pick something up off the floor. My aunt, who was sitting in the chair behind me, said, "Oooohhh! Somebody's got on some cute heart undies!" Didn't bother me until I realized that if my shirt rode up at all while I was at the gym, everyone else there would have been able to see my undies through the pants. :embarassed: :embarassed: I guess it's time to find a new favorite pair of black workout pants. *SIGH* :ohwell:

Haha. This reminds me of the time I was at a karate grading test and we were stretching before hand. There was about 200 people there for the grading and I had (stupidly) just worn my comfiest pair of pants without considering the fact that they were going to be worn under white karate trousers. I just reckoned the material was thick enough to hide them which it was when I was standing but the minute I bent or started to kick and the trousers hugged my butt more, everyone could see a giant mickey mouse face shining out from my ample rear! Haha.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Lol guys, these stories are great xD really keeping me entertained (not doing nearly enough work, but meh, this is more fun :P)

@ Tech - haha, awww, but scaring kids is fun......party pooper ;P

@ Sue - ah lucky xD did anyone notice the shoes before you managed to get home?
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I was REALLY sick one day, but couldnt call in because we were short staffed already, so I dragged myself outta bed and crawled to work.... well after plowing through the morning coughing and sneezing and hardly breathing, I go to the lunch room, look down at my feet... and see DIFFERENT SHOES on them!! Seriously... how you gonna put 2 different shoes on and not feel a difference?
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options

Haha. This reminds me of the time I was at a karate grading test and we were stretching before hand. There was about 200 people there for the grading and I had (stupidly) just worn my comfiest pair of pants without considering the fact that they were going to be worn under white karate trousers. I just reckoned the material was thick enough to hide them which it was when I was standing but the minute I bent or started to kick and the trousers hugged my butt more, everyone could see a giant mickey mouse face shining out from my ample rear! Haha.

lol Guru....on a vaguely related note I once went to a Karate lesson not wearing a bra or vest-top underneath and my dojo came undone :blushing: gave everyone a good shot of my boobs :S
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    oh oh i thought of one ..
    i was on holiday last yeah and i am a big heavy up top so not a lover of dresses and even more so strapless but its was really hot so i bought a straplass dress , it was beautiful ...
    but while wearing it i had run in to the reception of the hotel and as i got there notied the dress had slipped down to my tummy :(

Hey, I flashed my entire family while getting pictures for my wedding! That was years ago though. I knew I wanted a halter dress for a reason!! :blushing:
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Went to work with a super cute high neck black shirt on, and in the right light I noticed you could see my skin through the shirt, almost like it was sheer. My boobs looked very scandalous and not appropriate for work! I was so embarrassed!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    Haha, it's so reassuring knowing that many other people have flashed friends/family/strangers xD

Did both have the same height heels Coralie?
  • mikethom
    mikethom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Not so much embarrassing as uncomfortable :laugh: A couple of weeks ago I was at work when I discovered that the pair of underwear I was wearing would not stay up, nobody knew, I wear pants :wink: so they weren't going anywhere far; but it sure felt weird. That pair of underwear have since been "recycled". I knew when I started loosing weight that I'd have to replace pants and shirts but I didn't think about underwear :happy: kind of a mixed blessing, I hate buying clothes but it's nice losing the weight so I have to...

Mike
  • KateB1982
    KateB1982 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the giggles everyone! :)
  • kayleighfred
    Options
    One day I popped into town to get some photos printed off,wearing leggings and a top,nice and casual everyday clothes for me.
    Anyways,I'm in the shop and the guy who works there seems overly friendly,almost to the point of creepiness,so I do what I've gotta do and get out of there.
    Later on at home,my other half informs me that my leggings are totally see through and he can see my undercrackers!
    Was I wearing classy knickers? Nope! Being a big fan of the nautical trend,I was wearing red white and navy blue ones with HELLO SAILOR! emblazoned on my bum. All of a sudden it became apparent why the guy in the photo shop was so keen!
  • GuruOnAMountain
    Options

lol Guru....on a vaguely related note I once went to a Karate lesson not wearing a bra or vest-top underneath and my dojo came undone :blushing: gave everyone a good shot of my boobs :S

Hahaha! Now my pants story is tame in comparison to that one! lol.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    xD haha these stories are great - sailors can still be classy right Kayleigh? ;) That's almost like the time I wore an oldish white swimming suit to the pool....yeah, just a note guys, replace WHITE swimsuits regularly.....I managed to flash EVERYthing to everyone in the pool.

Needless to say, I now wear a black suit ;)
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Two on Sunday...

1) Wardrobe malfunction - I haven't bothered to replace any of my skirts for church because hey I only wear them once a week, and the nice ones can be a little expensive. So I folded up a chunk at the waistline and put a safety pin through it. The result was still a little loose once the safety pin "settled" but definitely workable and I wore a peasant-type top with a fuller cut so that it would hide the funny bump on my hip from the extra fabric.

Between services, went to talk to somebody in a pew behind me and knelt on my pew to face them. Did NOT hike up the skirt to account for my knee and thus dragged the front of my skirt down. Was facing a former coworker-still-friend and her face went between surprised and amused. Behind her, nice looking young man who just started laughing. I made a wry face at myself and adjusted, but still! Don't know the guy very well....AND I was joining the church, that day, too.

2) Baptismal panic - In the afternoon service, I was asked to give my testimony in front of the whole church (and I am not a public speaker; I stammer, forget to breathe, and talk too fast) but I did it because there's always somebody who needs to hear it. Rushed right out after that to get changed for baptism (full immersion, dark clothes were the style). I was 1 of 2 people coming for baptism, and I had asked to go last.

Pastor had explained to me ahead of time that they cover the face with a washcloth and then dunk you. I grasped the concept, at least. Water was cold--still fine. It was a baptismal that had a seat beneath the water, so I seated myself. Then realized that there was no way to brace myself--no handles, nothing to grip. Next thing I know, I put the washcloth over my face, and THEN remember that I have a thing about blocking my airflow! Slight panic attack ensues but by that time I was under the water. More panic because now there's really no air and I can't see.

Flailing happened. Not graceful. Took me an extra minute to extricate myself and the pastor had to help me because there was no way to get my feet back under me without something to grip. Then it was done and over with. PHEW!

So glad that God called me to do that, because I would never have done it otherwise!