Do you notice what everyone is eating?

Options
1235»

Replies

• MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I think that when you do something like MFP it makes you more aware of portion sizes and calorie content. You cant help but notice. I had to take a break from MFP for awhile because I got so obe\sessed with sizes and calories. It really wasnt healthy. Had to adjust some thinking before I came back around. But yes you just automatically notice.

Sorry... but I'm new to this community... what does MFP mean?

MFP = My Fitness Pal... aka this site and phone app
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    I generally only notice if they eating something I can't have:sad:

you can have anything you want.... in moderation.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Our shopping must always look hilarious. I notice it myself as we shop. It ends up on the conveyor belt and it's approximately 40% light options, vegetables, healthier choices (all mine), and about 60% junk (10% mine, and the rest my fiancé's).
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I definitely do and I am SO judgemental. I know it's bad but I can't help myself. And I do a Spike day every Sunday so I'm sure anyone else dieting who saw me digging into a giant burger and french frie platter with a beer the size of my head to wash it down is giving me the side eye and wouldn't know that the rest of the week I'm very good with my diet and am steadily losing weight. So, I should know better than to judge but I still do it.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I notice, and those that are being very considerate of me as far as helping me watch calories and find places where I can eat are noticing too. It's weird how much different it all looks after joining this site!
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    haha oh yeah! I have become such a health freak. I can calculate peoples meals just looking at them. I try to keep it to myself, but sometimes I can't help it. I'm sure I can be very annoying. It's amazing how much some people can consume in one meal! Some more than I eat in an entire day.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    haha oh yeah! I have become such a health freak. I can calculate peoples meals just looking at them. I try to keep it to myself, but sometimes I can't help it. I'm sure I can be very annoying. It's amazing how much some people can consume in one meal! Some more than I eat in an entire day.

I'm constantly calculating calorie counts in my head and some things I don't see myself really ever eating again. I'm getting pretty good at coming within 100 calories of a bunch of junk food.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    No, I don't really notice. I'm mostly wrapped up in more important thoughts like how to avoid talking to most people all day, whether or not 7-eleven will ever bring back that mocha Slurpee they had, and if it's true that I only attract married men.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I glance at other people's choices at the market. Case of Diet Coke, a huge stack of Lean Cuisine/Smart Ones and a package of Double Stuff Oreos and I wonder...

I try not to judge, because no matter how hard I try, my SO is ALWAYS wanting to go to fast food, or eating really bad food, he refuses to even 'try' to eat healthy. Says "I don't get full on salad". If I make tomato soup, he has to make grilled cheese sandwiches...with bacon, and gets all offended/mad if I say I don't want a sandwich. *sigh*

I'm trying to eat healthy, but my diary is so embarrassing. At least I don't go over very often.
  • needtoloselaura
    Options
    Yes! I notice everyone. At work I now talk about calories and mfp. I will look at labels before I eat things. My coworkers have started asking how many calories is in this and that. I hope they dont think I am judging them! I not by anymeans Iam the biggest as far as bodyweight there.
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    No, I don't really notice. I'm mostly wrapped up in more important thoughts like how to avoid talking to most people all day, whether or not 7-eleven will ever bring back that mocha Slurpee they had, and if it's true that I only attract married men.

I also went through a period where id only meat married women....and no I didn't use the wrong word
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    Yes! I notice everyone. At work I now talk about calories and mfp. I will look at labels before I eat things. My coworkers have started asking how many calories is in this and that. I hope they dont think I am judging them! I not by anymeans Iam the biggest as far as bodyweight there.

I think my friends get tired of hearing me talk about calories and exercise constantly. I can't help it, i'm obsessed lol.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    oh, hell yeah! a coworker brought a dozen donuts to work this morning & he was trying to tell me it was okay to eat one (i ended up eating one - but only one! a victory for me, seriously) and i was like "um, no, ONE donut is like one meal for me!" ridiculous.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Very much more aware of it.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    My mom and I went to a little place that just opened here that is kind of like a Panera. They have the calories listed on the menu for everything; even if it's over 1,000 calories. You would think seeing 1,000+ calories listed next to something would make you think "No, I shouldn't order that."

I totally watched things come out of the kitchen, thought which item it may have been, and then watched who the person it was that it went to. I wouldn't say anything out loud, but it just kind of makes me sad how people don't want to try to be slightly healthier now that I know I did it, and it's not impossible.

But I also voice my opinion on "healthy" things that I don't like. Like my boyfriend just told me he wanted to try Body by Vi, and I totally snapped out my opinion on that "diet fad". It's a protein shake, stop thinking you're being fancy and on some magic weightloss thing.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I notice, but I have been there. I don't need to say anything to anyone as hopefully They will be able to see what I eat and how I change
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options

I also went through a period where id only meat married women....and no I didn't use the wrong word
    Ew, I don't meat them. I don't do anything with them.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    My mom and I went to a little place that just opened here that is kind of like a Panera. They have the calories listed on the menu for everything; even if it's over 1,000 calories. You would think seeing 1,000+ calories listed next to something would make you think "No, I shouldn't order that."

I totally watched things come out of the kitchen, thought which item it may have been, and then watched who the person it was that it went to. I wouldn't say anything out loud, but it just kind of makes me sad how people don't want to try to be slightly healthier now that I know I did it, and it's not impossible.

But I also voice my opinion on "healthy" things that I don't like. Like my boyfriend just told me he wanted to try Body by Vi, and I totally snapped out my opinion on that "diet fad". It's a protein shake, stop thinking you're being fancy and on some magic weightloss thing.

I've avoided going out to eat just for that reason. Most places don't have calories listed on the menu so it makes it a guessing game. Then finally you decide on something but you have to make them take all the toppings off, get a veggie on the side and maybe splurge on a diet coke. in the end what you've essentially ordered is a plain chicken breast thats still loaded with sodium and over cooked broccoli for $9.99.