Drinking water...

Options
124»

Replies

• muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    yep water is minging! Sorry cant be anymore helpful than that, am in the same boat, swap tea for diet coke though.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    try drinking it at different temperatures. i can't stand cold water right now, so all my water, about 3/4 of a gallon per day, is at room temperature. once summer comes, i'll drink ice water, but ice water in winter just doesn't do anything for me. i also can't stand tap water, altho this is probably more mental than anything else. so it is all bottled for me. i buy a gallon almost every day. it costs a buck and lasts much longer than one can of soda for the same price. i've been downing water since january 1 and i can just feel when i haven't had my 8 glasses. by listening to my body, i know if i need more or less water for the day. also, find an easy to chug cup. take huge sips. and find a cup that you like. i have three favorite cups. each one holds more than a regular glass and i drink out of those all day, everyday. once you start and realize that you feel better, it'll be easier to drink more and more water each day. i am trying to get to a full gallon a day, but just can't seem to squeeze it in anymore.
  • treatdream
    treatdream Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I didn't take the time to read through all the responses so I'm sorry if someone already made these suggestions.

Lemon, ginger, mint & cucumber are all great additions to water, in any combination. Also unsweetened tea is great. If you want a cold beverage and you don't have time to brew and then cool the tea you can still lightly infuse your cold water with a tea bag. I count all unsweetened tea I drink (hot or cold) as water. Right now Bengal Spice from Celestial Seasonings is my favorite. It has a slightly sweet flavor - I highly recommend it. Also, I find I drink more water if I drink it out of a water bottle with some type of sip lid - I just chugg it down. Hope that all helps. Good luck!
  • bsfagan
    bsfagan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers allows you to count all liquids (milk, coffee, soda, etc., but preferably water) and suggest 6 cups per day. I can't find any place on MFP that talks about using other liquids as your water requirements. Does anyone have any info on this?
  • cookiesrgood15
    cookiesrgood15 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    flavored waters maybe?! also try adding lemon to it!!
  • bsfagan
    Options
    Tigersword, I didn't see your post until after I posted my question. This is helpful. Just wondered if MFP says about this, if anything.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I find it easy to drink water but every now and then I get bored with it. That's when I mix it up a bit and put a couple of sliced, fresh strawberries into a bottle of ice cold water. Delicious and very refreshing on a hot day!
  • nonergold
    Options
    Water is the most important thing u could drink if u r trying to loose weight. But as far as helping u drink 8 glasses a day....its hard for me to drink 8 glasses a day and I love water.! I would build urself up to it. Drink 3 glasses a day for a week. Get ur body use to that extra water comming in then slowly progress each week and add another glass till u r up to 8! ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAY. these things take time! Good luck!
  • jodienc1
    jodienc1 Posts: 13
    Options
    Other reasons to drink water:

While getting up and walking to the break room to refill my glass (10 times a day) I get to:
    Stretch my legs...
    Say Hi to my friends...
    Show off my new clothes & figure...
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Water is the most important thing u could drink if u r trying to loose weight. But as far as helping u drink 8 glasses a day....its hard for me to drink 8 glasses a day and I love water.! I would build urself up to it. Drink 3 glasses a day for a week. Get ur body use to that extra water comming in then slowly progress each week and add another glass till u r up to 8! ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAY. these things take time! Good luck!

Completely wrong. I never, EVER drink neat water, and never have. It's just not necessary, provided you are getting enough fluids from elsewhere. Neat water isn't some magical fat burning thing....
  • bsfagan
    Options
    Other reasons to drink water:

While getting up and walking to the break room to refill my glass (10 times a day) I get to:
    Stretch my legs...
    Say Hi to my friends...
    Show off my new clothes & figure...

Good way to look at it. My problem with this is that it's just outside my office door!
    LOL
  • amagus
    amagus Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    What works for me...
    I drink more if it is at room temp and not really cold. I tend to take longer drinks.

I do not like lemon in water, but do like to smash a few blueberries or a a strawberry in the bottom of my glass and add water to that.

Everytime I use a sink, I drink a 4 or 8 oz glass of water. It really adds up over the course of a day.

I try to drink at least 4 oz before I start a meal. It clears my palate, and the food actually tastes better.