What is your new food addiction??

Options

Replies

• prettythinlove
    prettythinlove Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Sautéed baby spinach leaves with a tablespoon of balsamic vinaigrette- add any stir fryed veggies and it makes a side dish.

Protein pancakes with walnuts and berries

Beet root, low fat feta, rice cakes, any kind of nuts, oatmeal, slim secrets afternoon snack...

I could go on for hours :-)
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Mine is shirataki noodles! OMG LOVE!!

Ditto! Eating them right now! I discovered the ones with tofu and they are way better than the regular shirataki noodles. 40 cals in a bag vs. 0 cals but I think it's a worthy trade off.

Someone posted on here to fry the noodles in a nonstick pan on high for a few minutes before adding anything to them. That trick removed the excess moisture. Also, they go best in Asian dishes. They aren't a great substitute for, say, spaghetti.

I just had my first bag of the tofu ones.......I agree they are good! I added a half bag of bean sprouts........dry fried........added a wedge of LC herb and garlic cheese a T. of light sour cream and a couple of spoonfuls of salsa............soooooooooo GOOD! How do you like yours??

where do i buy these? how do you prepare them?
  • herbiedoo
    Options
    Lately my new addiction has been shakes. My sister in law introduced me to some tasty herbalife shakes and now I am hooked. I add oatmeal to them to give them that gritty feel so I am able to get it in my head that they are really replacing a meal. It is good for me when I have no clue what I am in the mood for so I don't just run down and get a burger and fries. As for REAL food, my new addiction is Souper Salad. Who knew I would love salad so much!
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    miso soup
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    Trader Joes Spicy Lentil Wrap. I eat half of one almost everyday along with snap pea's and baby carrots. THE BEST lunch EVER! ;)
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Mine is shirataki noodles! OMG LOVE!!

Ditto! Eating them right now! I discovered the ones with tofu and they are way better than the regular shirataki noodles. 40 cals in a bag vs. 0 cals but I think it's a worthy trade off.

Someone posted on here to fry the noodles in a nonstick pan on high for a few minutes before adding anything to them. That trick removed the excess moisture. Also, they go best in Asian dishes. They aren't a great substitute for, say, spaghetti.

I just had my first bag of the tofu ones.......I agree they are good! I added a half bag of bean sprouts........dry fried........added a wedge of LC herb and garlic cheese a T. of light sour cream and a couple of spoonfuls of salsa............soooooooooo GOOD! How do you like yours??

where do i buy these? how do you prepare them?

I bought them at the local grocery in the health food section. If you put shirataki noodle recipes in the search engine you will find tons of recipes! enjoy!
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Bump. I must find these noodles.
  • nikki778
    nikki778 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Squash & Hood Calorie Countdown Chocolate Milk

(not together)
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Roasted broccoli
  • jlanead1941
    Options
    Chipoltle Black Bean Hummus sounds amazing, is it homemade or store bought?
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    String beans.

I ate 3 cups in a single sitting once. o.o
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    It was Chia seed for about 12 hours, and them my ucerative colitius acted up and I haven't been able to eat for 3 days :(

So no more of that.
  • day_dreamr24
    Options
    Skotidakis Jalepeno (greek) Yogurt Dip (from Costco)...Mmmmm, it's my favorite for dipping veggies or putting on my sandwiches. No sugar, low fat and did I mention it's addictive!?
  • dyannajoy
    Options
    Skotidakis Jalepeno (greek) Yogurt Dip (from Costco)...Mmmmm, it's my favorite for dipping veggies or putting on my sandwiches. No sugar, low fat and did I mention it's addictive!?
    [/quote

grrrrrrrrrrr I don't have Costco where I live :mad: will have to see if I can find this elsewhere!
  • dyannajoy
    Options
    My grocery list has gotten very long from this thread! Thanks for sharing Everyone!! :love:
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    dried cherries, apple slices with peanut butter, any kind of rice cakes, sunflower seeds
  • whencynstops
    whencynstops Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Fage Total 0% fat Greek yoghurt. Could eat it every day just now

^^^ This!!
    I put it on everything!!!!
  • fitJoce
    fitJoce Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My newest addiction is Trader Joes fire roasted peppers and onions from the freezer section. I buy like 6 bags at a time and throw a huge handful into just about anything I make. It turns a small plate of something into a giant portion with very few added cals and the flavor from the fire roasting is amazing!
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    pineappleeesss
  • polrbear
    polrbear Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Spinach. I eat it on everything, cook it into anything...can't go without it in my house or I panic.