Ladies- can you walk in heels?

Options

Replies

• klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    have you ever seen someone put those winter boots on dogs for the first time and they walk around all awkward....yep...that's probably close to what I look like trying to walk in heels. HA.

Ok, so maybe I'm not that bad BUT I have zero arch in my foot and find that trying to wear heels just kills my feet. Not to mention I have a bunion on my left foot so that doesn't feel too good being squished in some heels either.
  • alxdeanda
    alxdeanda Posts: 72
    Options
    I LOVE heels! They make a woman look so sexy!
    BUT, they have to fit just right. Not too snug (or your toes will hurt a lot!), and not too loose, because it can cause blisters!
    I'd say just keep practicing. Maybe start with smaller heels, then work your way up to bigger ones. :]
    Good luck! Enjoy it!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I LOVE heels. The higher the better. When I wasmuch younger, I had to practice walking in them but it's like riding a bicycle, once you learn you don't forget lol.

Love the HEEL-TOE advice, and the swing the hips and feel sexy. Nothing looks worse than a woman walking stiffly in heels. To me it looks like a man in drag. :tongue:

I remember when I was a teenager, watching the Miss Teen USA pageant. The girl who won was so cute, she said she didn't know how to walk in heels at first so she would wear her heels everywhere while prepping for the pageant-even to take out the trash. :laugh:
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I want these:

insane-heels01.jpg
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I LOVE heels!!!!! I am a first grade teacher and wear them daily. They make me feel complete. In fact, today I was having a SUPER SUCKY day. So, I said, "I am wearing my favorites." and it truely helped my mood.

Proper fit is the key
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I love heels, but I hate wearing them. I have about 10 pair of flats that are super cute and go with all the outfits I own.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^ whoa! i love my heels but really? lol makes my legs look better and I love being 6' something (depending on the heel) when wearing them! I pretty much wear heels anytime I go out unless I am at work.
  • Monti_e_lmt
    Monti_e_lmt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I can't walk in them I have very weak ankles and I have flat feet and my ankles turn in. So no heals for me, I hate that sometimes but as a masseuse I see so many ladies with achilles tendon problems and varicose veins because of their heels. I suppose they wear them too much.
  • AnneH1977
    AnneH1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Practice, practice, practice!!! I am a stay at home mom and I walk around in stillettos all day! You'll love it!!!!!
  • acdchick
    acdchick Posts: 13
    Options
    Attitude is half the battle! I used to wear clogs. I woke up one morning and decided life was too short to wear sensible shoes or be fat. I lost 70+ lbs and wear heels alllllll the time. =) Rock those heels. Wear them like you mean it!
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Yup
  • teyrey75
    teyrey75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh my word! NO! I've tried, I LOVE the idea, but I'm a very clumsy, uncoordinated person. Seriously. I wore super cute flip flops to my own wedding, because I CANNOT walk in heels!
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can honestly wear 6 inch stilettos for 12 hours straight. This has taken YEARS of practice. I have 3 hour long church every sunday for the first twenty years of my life and half of that time I spent wearing heels. My feet are made of steel now.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Oh my word! NO! I've tried, I LOVE the idea, but I'm a very clumsy, uncoordinated person. Seriously. I wore super cute flip flops to my own wedding, because I CANNOT walk in heels!

I wore the cutest little flats for my wedding too. Not quite flip flops but yeah... I can't do heels for longer than a few minutes at a time.
  • NiniLeeMarie
    Options
    Yes! I used to not like wearing them since I'm 5'7.5 & they made me even taller, but now I Love being able to see over everyone! lol My 4yr old daughter can walk in 3inch heels idk how she does it lol. I advice starting with wedges or small inch heels walk with your chest & butt out (lol) that's how I taught my friend to walk in heels(:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I want these:

insane-heels01.jpg

Oh my....I think I just 'had a moment'.....these are totally fantabulous
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I love my heels - higher the better - nothing under 4 inches!
  • MamaSonyaP
    MamaSonyaP Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Just practice around the house. It's all in the hips, but don't blow one out! Swing that butt, honey!
  • JerseyGirl081
    JerseyGirl081 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! I love my heels! my highest is 5" with a stiletto heel. :-) You'd definitely need practice to be able to walk in high heels. i would start off walking in a lower heel and when you've mastered that and can raise yourself higher on your toes while wearing those heels you are ready for a higher heel. Give yourself some time. I used to be the same way. But with a little practice i can walk in them as comfortably as flats :-)
  • NiniLeeMarie
    Options
    I want these:

insane-heels01.jpg

These look Dangerous, but I love them.
    Once I reach my goal weight this should be my reward to myself lol (: