Ladies- can you walk in heels?

Options

Replies

• beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I wear heels quite a bit, love my flats too!
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Practice makes perfect.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11'' you can believe it I wear hells. My highest are 5".
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I wish I could walk in heels. First I'm 5'9 1/2 and my hubby is 5'10" so if I wear them I'm taller. Second I've never really tried that often so I am unsure of myself in them. I feel like a linebacker walking! hahaha

Any suggestions, because I love the look of them. Sexy and classy.

I am 5'8" and wear heels. I dont feel odd wearing them, even if I am taller than my date.

And the sexier the heels, the more comments I get from men and women. Usually goes like, WOW those shoes are amazing!! No one has ever said, DAMN you are a tall girl! LOL
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    heels everyday during the week! i love heels. practice makes perfect. just gotta slow down. however, i have a reputation for running in a pair of 3 inch slingbacks once to catch the elevator in my parking garage and not injury myself or anyone and for being pretty damn graceful too!
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    I love my heels :) i have to wear them everyday at work though. I only occasionally wear them when i go out.
  • aquarianpixi
    aquarianpixi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I stick to heeled booties (though I can't wait for my calves to shrink enough to where I can wear knee high boots). My weak ankles can't handle being in heels and not having some support.
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    HEELS!!
    I LOVE walking in heels. The highest i walked in was 5 1/2 inches...i want to go higher though (im 5'3..that why i wanna go high xD)
  • Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I LOVE heels!! They make my butt look wayyyy cuter. Lol. They take practice. After having my daughter, I didn't wear them for pretty much 2 years. When I got back into wearing them, everyone was wearing those stilleto pumps, with the angled front. Gonna admit, I had a hard time learning to walk in them. But I've got it down now :-) Start low at first and work your way up. Also, try a shoe with a thicker heel at first. You can find some really cute ones. Don't just start off with a stilleto.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I ♥ heels.

Can I walk in them... ehhh.. so so. Most of them are just for looking at when my feet are over my head.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Kudos to all of you gals who can handle heels! I'm a girly girl, but I just don't feel the shoe love. Now, if we were talking about dresses, on the other hand...
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    This thread has yet to live up to its full potential.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options

How did I know you had a thing for feet?
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU LADIES BUT US MEN SEEM TO HAVE IT DOWN PACKED

3922824547_2a255ffbb1.jpg
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I do everyday. I would have hated it when I was heavier. it still hurts me because my feet are wide at the top and I always end up cut, but the uniforms I have to wear for wok are on the verge of granny and I'm the youngest one working there- so i basically cannot complain.

I feel like a girl when I wear them. Now I'm also the type who will go to the grocery store after my workout no makeup. It has to be worth-it occasion. I can't afford those cushy band aids any old day.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 I wear heels at least 4 days a week to work. I Like being tall, so the higher the heel the better :)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

How did I know you had a thing for feet?

You probably figured it out from my constant, creepster-like presence in threads of this nature
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    my feet are huge, size 12W, so most heels that are cute do not fit, so I am subjected to flats, booooo

Do not despair....there are lovely high heels for everyone!

Check it! ~

http://www.tallwomen.org/shoes/usa/

<and yes, i can walk in heels, very well, thank you! - and i find it helps my low back injury - pushes my hips forward>
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Depends on the heels. I can walk (though I don't wear them when I'm walking long distances - ouch!) in reasonable heels.

I tried on a couple pair of heels last week that were so high (no platform on the ball) that my foot was practically horizontal. It hurt my ankles, but even more, I just couldn't make my feet move the way they should. I was hobbling all over the store. I have no idea how anyone can walk in a shoe like that.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I can't walk in heels.I want to learn though