Ladies- can you walk in heels?

Options

Replies

• QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU LADIES BUT US MEN SEEM TO HAVE IT DOWN PACKED

Where I'm from, we have a "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes" charity for breast cancer, where men walk a mile in heels (with sponsors of course) to raise money for Susan G. Komen.
  • gellolicious
    Options
    I love heels and can walk in them just fine, but they hurt my toes soooooo bad. I'm hoping it will get better when I get more weight off, but it hasn't so far. I feel like I'm always stepping on the nerves in my toes. I have quality heels too. Anybody else have toe pain and know how to deal with it/fix it?
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    I wear them occasionally I like the high ones 4 to 5 inch heels :love:

107.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm usually in heels... but lately my knees are objecting to living on the third floor and doing stairs in heels....

Just step with your toes. Don't put your whole foot on the stair.
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    at 5'2" - I wear them often. And walk nicely in them :) (so I hear) Started at about age 15, and wore them all the time for years, I strongly feel they were key to giving me some great calves, and thighs, when I did not workout otherwise.

I wear lots of flats now also, and am mostly barefoot at home.

Its does take practice, start lower, and wider shoe brands. (not real narrow) and practice at home on carpet for small amounts of time (vacuuming, housecleaning etc) and slowly work up
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options
    Love heels!! I am 5'11 and love my 5 to 6 inch heels and yes, I can run in those mofos..haha. I just bought 2 pairs this morning too!! Yeah ME!!!!....lol

^^

I'm 6' and can run in heels too. But I have beastly strong legs and the muscles in my feet are strong as well since I wear Vibrams frequently. Practice makes perfect.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I can't wear heels my feet start hurting so so bad!! How do you ladies deal with that??
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I look like some kind of robot in heels. Plus I can't wear them for more than 5 minutes without knee and foot pain. The man would love me to wear heels. I'm 5'4 and he's 6'3. (Sigh) Mybe someday when I'm not carting around so much weight.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I used to wear heels all the time...and everywhere. After doing this for years, I started to develop hammer toes, and it HURT to be barefoot or in flats because I think the tendons in my calves shortened.

Now I wear flats.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have an extremely high arch and have often found heels more comfortable, I can walk in heels better than I can flats any day! LOL and I'm overweight on top of it! I prefer mine to be between the 5-6 inch range.
  • jedibunny
    jedibunny Posts: 321
    Options
    Can I? Yes. And I feel like I look awesome when I do. Do I? Not often... the major reason being that I love my Dr Martens boots and Skechers flats. I wore DMs with a pleather trench almost every day in high school and my first year or so of college, lmao, and when I wanted to be "hot" I wore spandex minidresses with kneehigh thick-soled boots. (WOW, if I could do that again..! sigh.) Point is I like comfy soles. My feet are flat as sheet rock. So when I wear heels they have to be heels that actually conform to the shape of my foot, and god, that ain't cheap... they're built for arches.

That, and my office normally doesn't require us to dress up (jeans, etc. are fine unless it's a board meeting day), and I've gotten used to being comfy all day. That said, I do feel infinitely more sexy AND professional when I dress up. Conundrum?

I'm actually wearing wedges today because of the aforesaid board meeting day, lol. They do make me sound like a horse when I walk, though, which always weirds me out a bit.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I adore the look of heels, but I lack the grace for them. If I must stick to a heel, I'll see to it that the heel itself it fat. That way I don't have to shuffle about like a robot because I'm too scared of tipping over on my face. Someday I'll give it a go though.

For the sake of one day rocking this peculiar little cutie.

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Shoes//Too+Fast+Damask+Thick+Headed+Boot+Heel-997121.jsp
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    The super skinny stilettos scare the hell out of me. I feel like I'm going to fall over but I'll wear them when necessary.

I prefer thicker heels.

I'm wearing 5 inchers on Saturday night for St. Patrick's. Wish me luck!
  • jedibunny
    jedibunny Posts: 321
    Options
    I ♥ heels.

Can I walk in them... ehhh.. so so. Most of them are just for looking at when my feet are over my head.

I JUST READ THIS! LMAO!!! XD
    ...I have a pair of red ones for that purpose, too... :P
  • butterflyliz32
    butterflyliz32 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I walk in heels, but very slowly lol

I mostly stick to flats at work, or a shorter heel. I am mostly anti-slipping and I don't feel that I have the same control in heels as I do in flats. Not to mention, carrying this extra weight around makes some heels hurt my feet way more than others. It is good to have a backup pair of shoes so you don't end up with blisters.

Just start slowly, changing shoes as necessary and let your feet get used to them. Of course, I recommend that with any new pair of shoes!

Being 5'3 (on a good day), I too need all the height help I can get! Plus most of my pants are too long to wear without heels.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    These are my favorites....the counter color contrast is just so.....VIBRANT
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS89PdqN934SoV6VhP53w97SKWVmTA61Gh_o_yzizXs-J6Nkg1W
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    love love love this thread! love a lady in heels!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    These are my favorites....the counter color contrast is just so.....VIBRANT
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS89PdqN934SoV6VhP53w97SKWVmTA61Gh_o_yzizXs-J6Nkg1W

That's hot.
  • kettrickenx
    kettrickenx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I feel more comfortable wearing heels and yes, I definitely can walk in them:) The higher the better! I don't like flats, my walk is not the same in them.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'7 and wear heels, which always makes me taller than my husband. however, I only feel safe in chunky heels, no stilettos or wedges for this girl.