the age old debate betwen men and women........

Options

Replies

• challengeaccepted
    Options
    Am I the only one who doesn't care? I mean come on, how much effort is it to put the seat down if it's up and vice versa. I've never had a fit over that. Now, how the toilet paper goes that drives me nuts. The toilet paper MUST GO OVER it just makes it easier to grab.
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    They say when you flush that germs from the toilet can spread throughout the bathroom. I don't know if that's true, but nobody in my house wants to risk brushing their teeth with a toothbrush covered in poop germs so the seat AND lid always go down.
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    I have a lazy teenage son that does not lift seat when he pisses.. and when I use... I sit down.. wet *kitten* ! :explode: So my rule is come on guys.. hit the hole !!!!
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    This wouldn't work for me because I frequently need to verify if its about to overflow so I can take action and cut off the water valve.
    Yeah, because the germs are so big they can't float out between the cracks, right? Is your toilet vacuum sealed, or are your germs the size of blackbirds???

HAHAHAHAHAHA! these had me almost in tears! LOL
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really bother me too much... maybe because my fiance and I have our own bathroom...lol

The debate really should be about cleaning up after yourself... I am frequently surprised at how many ppl do not clean up after themselves!!!! Especially in public washrooms!

As the saying goes:

"If you sprinkle when you tinkle, please be a sweetie and wipe the seatie"...lol
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Honestly we leave it up only to hear you fall in early in the morning. Splash down or I'm stuck can you help me out. I say, yeah after I stop laughing.

This !!!! this is why i hate men!!!:drinker:

You seriously believed this? OMG! It was a joke....laugh a little. I keep the lid closed because if something falls in it I'm the one the kids call to get it out. "Daddy!" I'm also the one who cleans the house so how about helping keep it clean. Damn, a full time single dad's job is never done.
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Oh the lid is put down for aesthetics.......I didn't know you could use that word for the bathroom. Me personally I keep the whole thing closed up, lid has to be down. Why because when something falls off in there I'm the one the kids call to remove it. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww daddy.

Or daddy the toilet is stopped up while everyone denies doing it LMAO
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    A gentleman puts the seat down.

Is there some kind of handbook with these gentleman rules?

Yes, there is and if you need some pointers on this ask The Zilla, he is 100% gentleman :bigsmile:
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    South park teaches me that if we don't put the seat down then women can fall in and die.

I don't want that to happen.

Also we are using the toilet all wrong. You should reverse straddle it. That's why that shelf is there, for your comic book and chocolate milk. Plus you can just flush without having to look down at your feces.

Reverse straddle....HAAAAAAAAAAAAhAAAAAAAAA!!!!! Love it!

I :heart: Butters!

Judging from your profile, that's clearly evident!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Is this because of last night's south park? because if so, props. and no i didn't read through the thread to see if anyone said this.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    If you keep you toilet clean it should not matter a whole lot, but it just looks nicer to have the lid down. Also we are less likely to drop things in it if the lid is down. lol
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    We have dogs and children. Not only does the seat go down but so does the lid. Solves the problem.

We have the same rule in our house. One day a guest left the toliet lid up & wow did we have a nice puddle to clean up in the bathroom after...lol...
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Both men and women should put the seat AND lid down. It just looks better!

I totally agree!!!
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    removed
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Always keep it down, it's never fun falling into a toilet.....:explode:

OK!! Ain't nothing funny about a wet azz in the middle of the night. Unless ummm...well you know *snicker* :wink:

you mean when you're doing bicycle kicks and pee your pants?

You to?! :laugh:
  • Quarrysider
    Quarrysider Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Our seats have larger holes because we, statistically, have larger bums.

Wow! Every day is a school day! *Wanders off to google for pics of US bogs*

Don't think my whole bum would fit down a standard UK pan:wink:
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    We have dogs and children. Not only does the seat go down but so does the lid. Solves the problem.

i do the same with the lid. we have a dog, but she doesn't drink out of the toliet, but we had a cat a while back that would and I just got in the habit of doing that and so that's what we do lol
  • CandaceyD
    CandaceyD Posts: 74
    Options
    My only problem with it is that i don't think of it if i wake up late to pee...Almost fell in once. Otherwise i look. What really sucks is not the lid, but when someone neglects to replace the toilet paper and you don't notice until you're done!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options

Slight variations, but this. Cleaning animals up after a swim in the toilet isn't my idea of a fun evening.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Gotta put everything down after watching that episode of Bones (where she talks about how with every flush you've released fecal matter into the air). Yeah. Hope you're not eating lunch.