New use for Cool Whip

Options

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Wait a second. What do you mean, stick it in the freezer? That's where Cool Whip is supposed to live. Where do you normally keep it?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I would love to make sweet slow tender love to a tub of cool whip - but I would keep hitting bottom. They need to make those tubs deeper.

Start shopping at BJs?
    *for
  • mi09
    mi09 Posts: 2
    Options
    CoolWhip ingredients: water, corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated coconut and palm kernel oil, sodium caseinate, vanilla extract, xanthan and guargums, polysorbate 60 and betacarotene.

No thank you.

I would rather process some greek yogurt and frozen fruit together if I have a craving for something sweet and creamy.
    A few more calories, sure, but a lot healthier for you.

This.

Whip some yogurt or take fruit, mx with yogurt and whip it up, then freeze it. So so much better for you.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Wait a second. What do you mean, stick it in the freezer? That's where Cool Whip is supposed to live. Where do you normally keep it?

In the mini fridge by the bed. Oh, maybe that's just me......
  • rds532
    rds532 Posts: 109 Member
    Options

In the mini fridge by the bed. Oh, maybe that's just me......

LOL!! :tongue:
  • kerryosborne
    kerryosborne Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you freeze Cool Whip between two chocolate graham crackers, it tastes just like an ice cream sandwich. Delish.
  • droberts3311
    Options
    I agree, I have made these ( love them) but would rather have something more pure. Going to try the greek yogurt instead. Was the cool whip wizard but try not to eat it any more.
  • droberts3311
    Options
    Totally agree. I have made these and love them but now I want something more pure. I was the cool whip wizard but I try not to eat it any more. I am going to try the greek yogurt.
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    yep! very satisfying!
  • SydKaty
    SydKaty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Put a little bit of chocolate sauce or strawberry sauce for a little more flavor!
  • vlsalvaggio
    Options
    i have been doing that for a while and its a great treat to have at night!!! i love it!!!
  • maybethistime70
    Options
    CoolWhip ingredients: water, corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated coconut and palm kernel oil, sodium caseinate, vanilla extract, xanthan and guargums, polysorbate 60 and betacarotene.

No thank you.

I would rather process some greek yogurt and frozen fruit together if I have a craving for something sweet and creamy.
    A few more calories, sure, but a lot healthier for you.

:( debbie downer
  • sassafrasy
    sassafrasy Posts: 113
    Options
    it tastes great. try putting cool whip between graham crackers, then put in freezer.
    other ideas, but remaining silent. ;)
  • taratam83
    taratam83 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Your probably better off eating the real ice cream and just ONE serving of it. Cool Whip is nothing but chemicals...
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    My favorite use for cool whip is to mix it with a packet of hot chocolate. Stir it up really well, and you have low calorie chocolate mousse. its super freaking delicious.

sounds deeeelicious!! gotta try it...
  • kelley663
    kelley663 Posts: 20
    Options
    love that idea , i'm going to use that one !! that would be fun to do with the kids , and they would love them also !!
  • maethoriel
    Options
    I will once in a while take a chocolate chip vitatop and slice it in half, then put cool whip in the middle of the two halves and freeze it. It's kind of like an ice cream sandwich. lol :)
  • cvpis4me
    cvpis4me Posts: 50
    Options
    love that idea , i'm going to use that one !! that would be fun to do with the kids , and they would love them also !!

When I was in college, going for an education degree, I'd do a project with my little ones. We'd put the Cool Whip in a ziploc bag with two different colors of food coloring. They would squish around the Cool Whip until it made a new color. This is how I taught them about primary and secondary colors. Then we would use the Cool Whip to ice a cupcake and eat it for a snack. It only works on the little ones though, if your kids are older they'll think it's pretty boring :)
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I mixed an eight ounce tub of low fat cool whip with a box of sugar free chocolat pudding and used it for frosting a cake. Hubby loved it and never knew it was "my kind of frosting"

I read this before and purchased the pudding mix, but forgot the Cool Whip! Duh!
  • booklover942
    Options
    Yum! Can't wait to try!