hmmmmmmmm. a bit confused

Options
I have been reading some of the posts in RECIPES, and I was quite surprised on some of the ingredients in the recipes..
people are using vegetable oils? WHY? OLIVE OIL is so much better and better for you.. some have posted TACO BELL!!!!!!!! really? ONLY 140 calories per taco.. Seriously? TACO BELL.....yeah there may be ONLY 140 Calories but what else is in there? common people this is not just about counting calories, you should also practice to eat healthier. what good is it if you count calories but adding junk in your body?

Can I get some support on this.

Replies

• oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    It may not "healthy", but you can still achieve weightloss with a couple 140 calorie tacos from Taco Bell. I don't think it's realistic to completely remove "junk" food from your life.
  • mfoster1019
    mfoster1019 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    It may not "healthy", but you can still achieve weightloss with a couple 140 calorie tacos from Taco Bell. I don't think it's realistic to completely remove "junk" food from your life.

^^this! you don't have to eliminate everything in order to lose weight. in fact i still eat the things i like, just use portion control and find healthier ways to prepare them
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options

^^this! you don't have to eliminate everything in order to lose weight. in fact i still eat the things i like, just use portion control and find healthier ways to prepare them

Exactly. I even still order a pizza once a week ever since starting the weightloss journey. Haven't gained, only lost. Just need to remember that I'm not eating 4 slices anymore.

But at the same time I understand people who don't want to touch food like that. If it works for you, have at it :)
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    While olive oil my be Healthy for you it is not always in a persons budget to use it or they may prefer a different type. I personally view recipes as an outline and adjust them to my personal tastes. If you don't care for what is in them develop ones that you like or tweek the ones you don't to your liking.

If a person choses to eat fast food, soda, meat, vegs ect it is up to them and their food calorie allotment. None of my business. This journey is about learning what works for you.
  • maddiedog22
    maddiedog22 Posts: 116
    Options
    I have been reading some of the posts in RECIPES, and I was quite surprised on some of the ingredients in the recipes..
    people are using vegetable oils? WHY? OLIVE OIL is so much better and better for you.. some have posted TACO BELL!!!!!!!! really? ONLY 140 calories per taco.. Seriously? TACO BELL.....yeah there may be ONLY 140 Calories but what else is in there? common people this is not just about counting calories, you should also practice to eat healthier. what good is it if you count calories but adding junk in your body?

I agree with u even if other ppl don't. I don't use veggie oil, barely even butter. I rarely eat chocolate, and I don't mean the flavored chocolate I drink breakfast essentials with my protein but that's almost it. I can't remember the last chips I ate, or gummy bear(gummy foods were my weakness) I occasionally suck on hard candy to curve my craving. The only fast food I eat is subway, and I quit drink pop completely. I figured if I allow myself a lil I will eventually add them back all together. I also only allow red meat once a week
  • toasterlisa
    toasterlisa Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My doctor, who made me sign up for MFP, asked me today if I was using any meal replacements. He was disappointed that I only lost 5 lbs this past month.

I told him that I only eat "real food" like lots of veggies, fruit, beans, lean meat, nuts, a little greek yogurt.

Sure, I make the bulk of my meals as healthy as possible. This is the fuel for my important machine. If I buy premium gas for my car, I will definitely put premium fuel (let's not say gas :-) into my body!

But, last night I had some calories left for the day, and I really enjoyed three mini gluten-free cookies.

Nutritarians (those who eat the highest quality of food with the lowest amount of calories) Unite!
    http://www.drfuhrman.com/library/are-you-a-nutritarian.aspx

Best wishes on your health and wellness journey!
  • sweet_lotus
    sweet_lotus Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Unless it's ultra refined, olive oil burns at a lower temperature than vegetable and canola oil. If you're doing a stir fry or other type of cooking at a higher heat, you can't really use it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    um. So let me see if I've got this straight......you are so worried that people are eating vegetable oil and Taco Bell that you needed to put it on the Interwebz for eternity?

I had no idea they were that alarming. Thank you.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    My way is is the only way and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong! :indifferent:
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    small steps
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

I agree with u even if other ppl don't. I don't use veggie oil, barely even butter. I rarely eat chocolate, and I don't mean the flavored chocolate I drink breakfast essentials with my protein but that's almost it. I can't remember the last chips I ate, or gummy bear(gummy foods were my weakness) I occasionally suck on hard candy to curve my craving. The only fast food I eat is subway, and I quit drink pop completely. I figured if I allow myself a lil I will eventually add them back all together. I also only allow red meat once a week

I would not want to live that way. The good news is, you don't have to.

If it makes you happy, COOL! But if you are white-knuckling your way through weight loss, when you get finished, will the results stay? Or will you be so deprived and desperate for a gummy bear that you say to heck with it?
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Some people are picky. If a taco's what they want, who are we to judge?
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Oh, I must have my taco bell. If I didn't get that once in a while I would never stay on this program. Sometimes I just have to be bad.
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    im with you! i am junk food free! its about eating healthy, not about starving yourself and then eating a big mac.
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options

^^^This^^^
    Exactly. I even still order a pizza once a week ever since starting the weightloss journey. Haven't gained, only lost. Just need to remember that I'm not eating 4 slices anymore.

But at the same time I understand people who don't want to touch food like that. If it works for you, have at it :)
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options

Umm...THIS^^

I don't find it fair that you judge others for what they eat. No one asked you if Taco Bell was good for them or if they should eat it. If it'll fit in to their fat, calorie, sodium, etc count for the day, than I say go for it!
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    Oh, I must have my taco bell. If I didn't get that once in a while I would never stay on this program. Sometimes I just have to be bad.

:drinker: Had it last night..., the Doritos Loco Taco Supreme @ 200 Calories...; it was soooooo good!
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Now I have to go to Taco Bell for dinner! And I was planning baked skinless chicken breast. Moderation.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    im with you! i am junk food free! its about eating healthy, not about starving yourself and then eating a big mac.

I never starve myself. Nor do I feel guilty about using the calories I earn through sweat to eat how I like.

I'm pretty glad it's working. VVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • HillaryTownsley32
    Options
    My husband doesn't like the taste of olive oil. In fact, he hates it. And I agree, sometimes junk is convenient.