What's your water secret?

Options

Replies

• SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I filter mine through freshly ground coffee beans and add cream and sugar to it. Best water ever.
    Love it!! :laugh:
  • SuzyQq02
    SuzyQq02 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've invested in multiple CamelBak bottles. I have an easier time when I can sip consistently and can get 3 glasses in one fill as opposed to having to get more constantly. I also travel locally a LOT for work so I always take a bottle full in the car with me and drink on the go!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't particularly like very cold drinks except in the heat of summer, so I keep a 32 oz bottle on my desk at all times. Two of those = 8 cups.
  • blueandigo
    blueandigo Posts: 296
    Options
    I suck an elephants

trunk.
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I have no problem drinking it on work out days.

On non-work out days, you may want to spice it up. On sick days I add a combination of honey, lemon, cinnamon, etc.. depending on my mood.

I reuse a tea bag throughout the day, so it flavors my water slightly, but doesn't caffeinated me or dehydrate me too terribly.

I like how they have strawberries in the water dispenser at Yogurtland. Looking at it makes me happier. I have no idea if it affects taste.

You may want to experiment with ice cubes. You can use ice cubes with flavored juice to give a slow released flavor to your drink.
  • SteveHunt113
    Options
    Lots of great ideas! I'm an ex-soda junky, so the switch has not been easy!
  • TiredOfBeingFAT130
    Options
    I aim for 12 cups a day. Sometimes I have less (but NEVER less than 10 cups) and sometimes, like today, I have more. Today I have had 14 cups so far.
    Secret.... hmm... it was tough for me at first, but the more I drink, the more I pee, the more thirsty I am! When I take a drink, I never just take one gulp... I try to take as many as I can each time.... and I have a time schedule with water as silly as it is... I aim to have 1 cup down each hour... which really, isn't a difficult thing to do. I slow my water down the last few hours before bed so that I'm not up all night peeing.
  • CHUBBYLOVLEY
    CHUBBYLOVLEY Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have 2-1.5L water bottles that I buy every week and fill them at home (cause my work filtered water tastes like crap). I make myself drink one before lunch at 2pm and one before I go home at 6pm. Anything else during that day is just a bonus. It's just a mental game I think. Oh! and I don't drink anything else than water with my meals it also helps take down that second 1.5L bottle.

Good luck!
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I drink water with Mio flavoring (0 calories, 0 fat, 0 sugar, just flavor) in my Camelback water bottle so I get 3-4 8 oz glasses at a time. I make sure to drink an entire bottle with my morning and afternoon snacks and then a bottle while working out as well, even if I'm only working out for 30 minutes. That way I get 9-12 cups of water a day and I'm good to go.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have a 38 oz reuseable filtered bottle that I use at work (drink 2 by end of the day), and I usually drink a third (sometimes even a fourth) at home. After a couple months it just becomes habit. Although I do love a big, cold, fountain soda every once in a while!:drinker:
  • shanda2004
    Options
    I have to drink it with a squeeze of lemon and a straw. I bought one of those reusable cups with straws. I'll put a bottled water (2 servings) with a lemon wedge in the cup, then when it's gone I refill with another bottled water and lemon. By the end of the day if there are 4 lemon wedges in my cup I know I drank my 8 glasses. I was never a big water drinker and this helps me a lot.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I recently started bringing my own flasks of water to work - 2 x 32 ounces. I try to get through the first one by lunch or shortly after, and the second one I try to finish either before I leave or on the drive home. Since doing this, I've had no problems getting my water intake.

That's what I do. Water is the only thing I drink besides coffee, but I'm not really the type to be endlessly drinking water. So I bought a 32 oz bottle and make sure I fill it twice a day. I rarely get more than that in.
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I take my own well water to work in stainless water bottles. I keep in right next to me, and drink at least 16 oz, before lunch, then drink while I'm working out. I always keep it at room temp. as well. I have no problem drinking my quota.
  • CTK3989
    CTK3989 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love drinking out of a 16.9 ounce bottle. I drink 4 of those. I also keep 4 hair ties around my wrist and take one off every time I finish a bottle. Sometimes I drink more than 4 bottles. I also like my 32 ounce CamelBak Water bottle. I only have to drink 2 of those.
  • ili_s
    ili_s Posts: 66
    Options
    You could fill up a big bottle at work and keep it next to you. If by the end of the day its stuill got liquid inside just drink it all down. And you could also try drinking a glass of water every time you get up to go to the toilet.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I always keep two filled Smart Water jugs on my counter. They always go with me when I leave. I love to drink water in my car when I'm driving. Those 2 32 oz jugs are with me all day. Ice cold in the summer, tap temp in the winter. Just keep the jugs filled and at the ready. It's the same with snacking, have the healthy stuff handy, and you'll avoid the crap.

However, I can easily down a full jug of water in the car, so trips must be short, or there must be a bathroom I know I can use at the other end of the trip. LOL!
  • jickalina
    jickalina Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great topic! I felt silly wondering how the heck to drink more water but now I see I'm not the only one who has to make such a conscious labored effort to get my fill. For now, some little things that are helping me are using a vessel with a straw. I guess it's an oral fixation thing (hey, no jokes) that when there's a straw I'm more likely to kinda keep returning to it out of mindless fiddling. Second, at home I tend to mix aromatics into my water pitchers--either a few cinnamon sticks or a few slices of orange, mint or cucumber. To me it adds that relaxing spa-like factor and I'll start to sip more and more water cuz it's so relaxing after a long day.

Good tips I've learned from this thread: make an effort to take a few gulps at a time instead of little sips, use a bigger vessel so i see how much water is left and aim to finish it all, and break it down into mini goals throughout the day such as drink 3 glasses by lunch, 3 more before I leave work and 3 more by the end of the night.

helpful post!
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    A guy that I work with and I will have water chugging contests. We are competitive, so it is a fun way to get in water.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Ice and a straw!
  • SteveHunt113
    Options
    Wow, lots of different ideas ... love it! Something I neglected to point out is that I do consume 32 ounces of water while I work out. Over the last few days, now that I have those two 24 oz flasks, I'm getting 80 oz minimum!