What's your water secret?

Options

Replies

• katyconser
    katyconser Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i buy the smartwater 33.8 oz bottle, take the cap off the 24 oz one and put it on the 34 (24 is the only one w the squirt cap). that way i only have to drink 2 bottles of water to meet my 8 glasses. it's SO much easier to drink from the bottle than from glasses!! you can totally drink 2 bottles :drinker:
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    Hawaiian punch packets. I love them!
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    (I am really just a terrible person. I should not be doing this.)
    I pee all the time, it gets on my damn nerves.
    If your urine is somehow splashing onto some part of your nervous system, you probably need to see a doctor right away.

:laugh: :devil: :bigsmile: (See? I told you I was a terrible person.) :bigsmile: :devil: :laugh:

FWIW, I used to have trouble with water until I started always keeping a glass of water on my desk. Now my only trouble is that the water magically disappears and I have to keep refilling the glass.
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    A glass before breakfast, one with breakfast. Then I fill up a water bottle (4 cups) and drink that while I'm at school. So when I come home, I drink at least 2 more before bed.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    If your urine is somehow splashing onto some part of your nervous system, you probably need to see a doctor right away.

:laugh: :devil: :bigsmile: (See? I told you I was a terrible person.) :bigsmile: :devil: :laugh:
    I'm glad you did do this ... it was a good laugh! :tongue:
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a cool water bottle. It fits into the cup holder of my vehicle, and I can slip it into the side pocket of my purse. It holds 25 oz, and I normally fill it before I work out in the morning, again after my workout, and again in the late afternoon before dinner. So that's roughly 9 glasses of water everyday, more if I'm more thirsty. Since it's always right there available, I just don't think about drinking anything else.
    And it has Bruce Lee on it. It's just way more fun to drink water from a bottle that has Bruce Lee on it.
    (See my profile pic. I really do like my water bottle. :bigsmile: )
  • 0EmmeNicole0
    0EmmeNicole0 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    drink it at room temperature!!! goes down much easier!! :D

Ain't that the truth!!
  • 0EmmeNicole0
    0EmmeNicole0 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

I'm glad you did do this ... it was a good laugh! :tongue:

That was so funny i forgot to laugh .

(I'm just as bad, lol)
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Pour into cup
    Step 2: Drink
    Step 3: Repeat 7 times

Sorry, there is no secret for me. i actually quite like water and I don't really have any problems getting it in. If you have trouble though, maybe fill up a water bottle which can hold 2, 3, 4, etc cups of water depending on its size. Tell yourself you can have ONE drink of something else as soon as it is gone. Then repeat....
  • mrsmerre
    mrsmerre Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I really have a hard time tying to get 8 cups a day. And it's not like I drink a lot of soda or coffee right now. When I'm with my husband, totally diff story. Anyways, I used to have a 750ml water bottle that I left in an airport somewhere, but carrying a water bottle around has helped. I have a 500 ml one so I try and drink 4 if I can or if I'm bored and sitting at my desk, at least getting up to get the water gives me something to do. I am going to try a glass when I wake up to help get the daybstarted
  • tiggerpatches
    Options
    Iam just starting on my water journey getting tghrough 1 1/2 liters at the moment but cant drink it from the fridge best at room temlerture
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I drink half my weight in water, which happens to be just under a gallon, daily. I also like my water at room temperature. I leave 6 (16.9 oz) bottles on my desk at work and drink 3 before lunch and 3 after. I have another bottle when I get home with dinner. I like that it helps to curb my appetite, I rarely ever feel hungry now and I am a self-professed water hater. So drink up, your body will thank you!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    It too me a long time to get to a point where I was able to drink plain water and my full 6-8 glasses a day of it. In the very beginning, water was Crystal light... then eventually I was able to switch to half of that. When I worked in an office, I always had a 500ml Bottle at my desk and I filled it up first thing in the morning and would fill it up (hopefully) 3 times a day at least. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not.

Eventually I got to a point where water just became my drink of choice. Now I find I have to drink at least 6-8 glasses daily just to function:)
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I drink bottles of water, so I can easily sip on it through out the day. So all I have to drink is four of those a day. One for each meal...one for exercising and that is not hard for me.
  • Crashley04
    Options
    I do the same, we have a bunch of Nalgene water bottles. Some 24oz and some 32oz. I try to use the 32oz because it seems easier to drink just 2 ;) If I'm having a hard time drinking it though, I do sometimes use the Mio sweet tea, oops :( Oh! and I only like it room temperature, unless we're out at a restaurant.
  • lauralaurafish
    lauralaurafish Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Water bottles. One has roughly two cups. Take two with you to work/school/etc and then have one when you get back, and one with dinner. There's my 8 cups per day.
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Drink 15-32 oz before I get out of bed.

Drink 15-32 oz before I go to work.

Drink 10-20 oz at work.

Drink 15-32 oz on the way home from work.

Drink 20-32 oz after training/workout.

Drink 20-32 oz before bed/with dinner.

Yea, I drink a lot of water.
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    Sparkling water really helps. It not only is a good way to get more water but the bubbles provide a great and no-calorie option to sodas. My favorite is Perrier with lemon but will happily opt for Arrowhead Sparking water with lemon if the budget is tight. :)
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I drink from a QT 44oz cup with straw. I drink about 3-4 of those a day and i'm good.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Easiest way to make plain water drinkable is to put a bottle of it in the freezer long enough that it gets really cold, but doesn't freeze. It really makes tap water taste a lot better.