I ate more than my allowance in one meal

Options
tsh0ck
tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
and it was awesome.

McDonald's large shamrock shake - 1,100
Taco John' s small potato ole's -- 480
Taco John' s new fish taco -- 280

that's a total of 1,860. that's 160 calories more than my daily allowance.

but, see, since I burned nearly 2,000 calories at the gym today, even after a large breakfast and post-workout energy bar? I've got 500-plus calories left to burn.

I'm not a fast food addict. I'd kind of been wanting to try out the taco, though, and the shake. so I did. and it fit thanks to gym time. (yeah, I know, helluva lot of sodium. I drink water, so I'm good.)

the point of this is just that if you put in the time, if it fits in your caloric limits, it's a-ok to indulge now and then. and what's more, you shouldn't feel bad about that at all.

(and try the tacos. really, pretty tasty.)

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I like what you did there, combining the fastfood restaurants to get the best of both worlds. No shamrock shakes at Taco John. Fantastic making it work so you could try out something you've been eyeing. :-)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I was so going to post a funny pic....but the fact that you are awesome was enough for this
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    " I burned nearly 2,000 calories at the gym today"

OMG - aside from the time you spent eateng the shamrock shake and tacos did you spent the rest of your day at the gym??? Thats crazy burn? What did you do?
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I agree! Rock on! I like combining Long John's with Popeye's... lol!
  • tsh0ck
    Options

OMG - aside from the time you spent eateng the shamrock shake and tacos did you spent the rest of your day at the gym??? Thats crazy burn? What did you do?

125 minutes on pretty serious hills on the recumbent bike. if you keep the rpm up right about 100, you burn pretty well.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    nice job :) i wasnt a big fan of the shamrock shake from mcdonalds though - i think jack in the box does a better job lol
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    That is fantastic!! That just goes to show everyone that indulging in something you want does not mess up your entire diet. You are inspirational. I want a shamrock shake too! I may have one tomorrow. We will be hiking around a lot tomorrow evening!
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    well, what made it work is that one is right across the street from the other.
  • Kristin2984
    Options
    Yeah, how did you burn 2000 calories? what is your workout routine?

I see nothing wrong with occasionally eating that kind of food. Hope you dont feel sick!
  • Monti_e_lmt
    Monti_e_lmt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I have done that before, but I didn't burn it at the gym I did at work, and I gained one pound but I got it of 2 days later. I am never eating mcdonalds breakfast again it went over my cal goal in one meal and wasn't worth it :( BUT I am glad that you were able to indulge and make up for it. Good job.
  • GreyhoundGuru
    GreyhoundGuru Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    OMG! I had no idea a Shamrock Shake was 1,100 calories!!!! Holy crap.
    I've been seeing the commercials, and I'm thinking, I should get one just to try it.
    Not sure now....maybe I'll ask someone else to get it, and then I'll just take a sip :-)
  • Kristin2984
    Options
    sorry, i missed your previous reply that answered my question!
  • ALH1981
    Options

125 minutes on pretty serious hills on the recumbent bike. if you keep the rpm up right about 100, you burn pretty well.

Did you measure that on an HRM machine or MFP estimate?
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    , if it fits in your caloric limits, it's a-ok to indulge now and then. and what's more, you shouldn't feel bad about that at all.

Nicely done OP. I especially agree with the bolded parts.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Shamrock shakes are only available for a limited time every year. I had one on Sunday. I don't feel bad for it either. I can go forever and a day without a chocolate of vanilla shake from McDonald's because in theory I could have it anytime, but it RUINS MY YEAR if I can't have a shamrock shake.
    Besides. It's healthy right, being made from clover... :wink: :laugh:
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    OMG! I had no idea a Shamrock Shake was 1,100 calories!!!! Holy crap.
    I've been seeing the commercials, and I'm thinking, I should get one just to try it.
    Not sure now....maybe I'll ask someone else to get it, and then I'll just take a sip :-)

small is 540 calories, fwiw.
  • soon2bhotmom
    soon2bhotmom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Besides. It's healthy right, being made from clover... :wink: :laugh:
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    yup. it was green. and on top of the whipped cream, a cherry. I can only assume it was organic.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    The fact that you have an Abilene christian shirt in your pics makes you super awesome.
  • ALH1981
    Options