The Thread about Something - Part 28

Options

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I find cleaning very therapeutic...
    I enjoy when DH takes the kiddies out on the weekend and I get a few hours to listen to music and clean.......the simple things, huh?
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    oh, and we don't pre wash, my DW has a built in garbage disposal, Kitchen aide! top rack adjusts up and down for tall upper rack items! Whoo Hooooo. that is it for the facinating topic.

P.S. Should we discuss vaccume cleaners next?

LOL!! :laugh: :laugh:
    PS: Cool DW! Lucky Ducky! (I love appliances)

Yeah, my first husband gave appliances and the like to me for every gift event, I kept a journal, when we got divorced all gifts are not community property in the great state of California, So with the permission of the court I stripped the house of all "gifts" before the community property was divided. That will teach his cheap *kitten*!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I don't even have a dishwasher now though! LOL! Broken. So, I am the dishwasher!! :tongue:

It's cool though. I mean, I get to stay home with J.T. and wear comfy clothes all day....it's a small sacrifice for that!!! :wink: He get's to do them on Saturday though!! :glasses:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I don't even have a dishwasher now though! LOL! Broken. So, I am the dishwasher!! :tongue:

It's cool though. I mean, I get to stay home with J.T. and wear comfy clothes all day....it's a small sacrifice for that!!! :wink: He get's to do them on Saturday though!! :glasses:

Call the Maytag repair man. Might get a good view of his butt,
    The repair guy came yesterday and is going to call with a quote on the motor + services to install it and we'll see if it's worth it to do that or just get a new one!!

They don't make things like they used to!! :grumble:

I shouldn't have worn my hoodie! Maybe had I shown more boobage, he would have given me a better deal!! :laugh:
  • czewwhat
    Options
    Something:

Dishwasher Talk

Does anyone in your family not know how to load a dishwasher properly? Are you constantly having to rearrange things so they fit? How much prewashing do you do before putting things in?

Discuss.

Y is it you say discuss, then you disappear, and WE discuss!?

Because.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kimber607
    Options

Geez, I think I would rather live with a broken dishwasher than have to see the maytag man's crack and PAY for him to repair my dishwasher
    He should have to pay me for his nastiness
  • czewwhat
    Options

The repair guy came yesterday and is going to call with a quote on the motor + services to install it and we'll see if it's worth it to do that or just get a new one!!

I shouldn't have worn my hoodie! Maybe had I shown more boobage, he would have given me a better deal!! :laugh:

Ouch Tam, my last repair with motor / pump replacement was $173.00 for the motor on line, the repair shop wanted $250. plus $100 for the install. Good luck! The installer guy left pieces of the cable ties inside when he installed it and it chewed up the pump:grumble: :grumble: not covered by the warranty!:grumble: :grumble: :explode: :explode:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    It just seems like in general stuff just doesn't last like it used to! I bet I could go to Goodwill and buy a tv that is 20 years old and it will run longer than one that is 2 years old!!

Ticks me off!! :grumble:
  • czewwhat
    Options
    It just seems like in general stuff just doesn't last like it used to! I bet I could go to Goodwill and buy a tv that is 20 years old and it will run longer than one that is 2 years old!!

That's why Old Cars, and Old Guys Rule! :laugh: :laugh:
  • czewwhat
    Options

In order to acheive those energy ratings that everyone wants, they have to uses smaller motors that cant' handle the load. It's a Catch 22. Save on energy but replace the motor every few years.

My previous fridge 22 cubic feet double door lasted 14 years, its replacement allegedly same, but energy efficient, $1790.00 lasted 3 years before things started breaking!:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • icandoallthings
    icandoallthings Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options

Geez, I think I would rather live with a broken dishwasher than have to see the maytag man's crack and PAY for him to repair my dishwasher
    He should have to pay me for his nastiness

....for his "nastiness" !!!!
    HAHAAHAA
  • kimber607
    Options

That's why Old Cars, and Old Guys Rule! :laugh: :laugh:

Ohhhhh....I see the error of my ways
    *Note to self*
    trade in current Dh for OLDER model
    got it!
    :bigsmile:
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    My brand new dishwasher only worked for 3 or 4 times, then it started smelling like something was melting! I asked a repair man about it, and he told me its cheaper to just replace it! I just haven't worried about it, I'll save money by handwashing!
  • icandoallthings
    icandoallthings Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Ok..................I can't stand it anymore....
    Even though I am totally embarrassed to ask this, :embarassed:
    What in the heck does "DH" mean?
  • kimber607
    Options

Don't be!!
    DH: dear hubby (significant other etc)
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options

Don't be!!
    DH: dear hubby (significant other etc)

I prefer Damn husband :laugh: