• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    That is obvious. I'm not naive.

jesus christ I'm sorry
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    That is obvious. I'm not naive. I know it's going to take a lot and once i start there's no going back, i'm not going to just eat right and exercise until i get the stomach i want and then give up-do nothing and eat crap, it's something i'm willing to do for the rest of my life or until something happens where by i can't continue.

I love this outlook. First class a*** way to look at it.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    That is obvious. I'm not naive. I know it's going to take a lot and once i start there's no going back, i'm not going to just eat right and exercise until i get the stomach i want and then give up-do nothing and eat crap, it's something i'm willing to do for the rest of my life or until something happens where by i can't continue.

That a bad thing? Maybe i worded that wrong...

eta: yep that's a bad thing lol
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    With respect to the diet suggestion made in this thread, are you talking about reaching certain macros or are you referring to completely (or mostly) eliminating certain foods?

re-quoting myself in hopes of receiving an answer from Matt...sorry for being so pushy :embarassed:
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    Ah, I get it - that explains why lots of lean trainers (Jillian / Chalene etc) have very wide waists despite the visible muscle.

Most BBers avoid it for this very reason. Also squats and deadlifts etc hammer the core and so you don't need hit them much directly if at all.

In this photo below i'd done about half a dozen sessions before the comp:

15809555_6100.jpg
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    With respect to the diet suggestion made in this thread, are you talking about reaching certain macros or are you referring to completely (or mostly) eliminating certain foods?

re-quoting myself in hopes of receiving an answer from Matt...sorry for being so pushy :embarassed:

I use fairly set diets but that allow a good mix. Message me and i'll give you more details!
  • Matt_Wild
    Options

LOL no, a triple star. Not a diet, but a life style. Thats what it is.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    If you aren't willing to change what needs to be changed you can always get a tummy tuck.

(edit)assuming that's your picture you do look fantastic)

Why would i have gone to all of this effort to start getting myself into shape then just take the easy option and get a tummy tuck when things get tough? Sorry but that is ridiculous. And i never said i'm not willing to change, all i've said is i dont want to give up everything that i like eating.

That's my sarcasm, sorry if you didn't get it. :frown: I wasn't actually suggesting a tummy tuck.
    Besides, you are a woman, your tummy is already as flat as it will naturally be (which looks fantastic).
    But If that's not good enough for you & you want that "model" flat you'll have to take a look at the lean folks with flat abs, & or 6 pack abs, they made a choice to cut body fat %. Your diet (not a temporary diet) is a huge part of lowering your bf% and you will need to make adjustments for the results you're looking for. (Which most likely will include giving up things you don't want to give up)

Good luck with it & I hope you find the advice you're looking for.

PS>Looking @Matt_Wild's picture I think he might know a bit about lowering bf%
  • Jade17694
    Options

LOL no, a triple star. Not a diet, but a life style. Thats what it is.

*phew* panicked a bit then! Thought you was calling me an *kitten* LOL!!
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    LOL - not a first class a r s e way to look at it or similar - a triple star. To stay lean all the time it IS life style. You can't eat 3000 calories regularly as someone who doesn't train seriously and expect to stay lean! (ps not directed at ANYONE).
  • Jade17694
    Options

I use fairly set diets but that allow a good mix. Message me and i'll give you more details!

Ooh Matt message me about this! :)
  • Jade17694
    Options
    LOL - not a first class a r s e way to look at it or similar - a triple star. To stay lean all the time it IS life style. You can't eat 3000 calories regularly as someone who doesn't train seriously and expect to stay lean! (ps not directed at ANYONE).

:bigsmile:
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    Will do - I've had about a dozen emails about this gals so please give me the rest of the day to get back to you all - genuinely need to sit down and chat with you all via the messaging system so I can see if I can help you one by one! :smile:
  • lorie5524
    Options
    I think you look amazing, but I completely understand the want for more, especially when you've been working so hard. I do TurboFire... one of the comments Chalene Johnson says during the ab workout is that you can workout your abs as much as you want, but if you don't make a change in the kitchen, you will always have that layer of fat covering up the muscle. It's really just up to what you are willing to give up in order to get what you want. :-) Best of luck to you and keep up the great work! Don't let being discouraged keep you from continuing to work hard!
  • Jade17694
    Options
    Will do - I've had about a dozen emails about this gals so please give me the rest of the day to get back to you all - genuinely need to sit down and chat with you all via the messaging system so I can see if I can help you one by one! :smile:

Okie Dokie thankya, there's no rush. I can wait :)
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'll be messaging you too but I can wait a few days. :-)
  • BootcampJunkie
    BootcampJunkie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You probably have what i have. A flat tummy but loose skin giving the same appears as if it was fat. Keep strengthening your core but try focusing on more oblique exercises. People tend to forget to work those muscles. Keep eating clean foods and you will start to notice change. Beware, it does take a long time.

Why do oblique exercises? Do you want to appear wider?

so you say never target the oblique? I've found from personal experience that by targeting my obliques I've been able to tighten the loose skin around my muffin top area. I have found that crunches have given me nice definition to my upper abs and sit ups have tightened my pouch. i only strength train 2 days a week so i will never develope the same muscle build as a body builder. Google Danica Patricks bikini shots that's the figure im trying to go for and with my method it seems to be working for me.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options

Thank you!!! Highly appreciated!