tiseminger Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love roasted brussel sprouts!!

Check out my website for some great veggie recipes too:

www.busyvegetarianmom.com

• tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Tough question. I'm with wobbspsfl - it would be easier to list the few I don't like!

Since I can only choose one, it would have to be asparagus, grilled or steamed. I like to leave them pretty crisp so I can use them leftover in salad or eggs the next day.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    My favs are broccoli, zucchini and mushrooms. Love them in stirfry!! One really easy recipe for zucchini is to cut it into slices - place a layer on the bottom of a baking dish, cover with a slice or two of cheese add tomato sauce, another layer of zucchini, cheese and tomato sauce and then bake! I've also added mushrooms in with the tomato sauce. So good and very low cal!!!

You, sir, have just made my day. I'm going to make this for lunch today, already excited!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I cook with a lot of bell peppers. I usually buy a dozen a week for my family, and have so much fun sneaking them into dishes. We also eat a lot of zucchini, broccoli, asparagus, and cauliflower. And I steam a baggy of baby carrots at least once a week, the kiddos adore them.
  • atx7
    atx7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Russet potatoes, deep fried.
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Oh man...I love my veggies. My favourite vege for adding to everything (and I mean everything) is garlic. I eat probably 3-4 heads of garlic a week. My favourite regular veggie is broccoli. I love it steamed with a little salt, or with cheese. SO good! I go through that huge $8 bag from Walmart in about a week.
  • greeentea
    greeentea Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Brocolli, Zucchini, and Carrots.

Steamed, grilled, in soup.
    Anyway is fine with me!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    asparagus..wrapped in bacon and roasted
    okra--curried (my indian way)
    broccoli-just steamed
    roasted parsnips
    zucchini...any way
    mushrooms
    bell pepper...
  • khbutterfly
    khbutterfly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love broccoli any way – raw, steamed, baked, grilled, stir fried, in casseroles – yum!!

I found this recipe I’m trying this weekend cause I wanted to try eggplant. Sounds delish!
    HEARTY VEGETABLE BAKE
    4-5 med. to sm. potatoes
    2 sm. zucchini
    2 sm. Japanese eggplant
    1/4 c. olive oil
    1/2 clove minced garlic
    Dash of salt
    Dash of pepper
    3 pinches rosemary
    Parmesan cheese
    1 1/2 c. Mozzarella cheese
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9x13 inch (or slightly smaller) baking dish with Pam. Cut potatoes julienne style, place in dish. Do not peel zucchini, cut julienne style and place in dish. Do the same with eggplant. Toss vegetables so they are mixed. Sprinkle garlic over vegetables and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste and rosemary. Top generously with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 1 hour. Remove and add Mozzarella cheese. Bake another 15 minutes. Serves 8-10.
    NOTE: Carrots can be added or substituted, but must be steamed 15 minutes before added to other vegetables.
  • vbontheriver
    vbontheriver Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    asparagras zuchinni and red and orange and green peppers- love them all roasted!!! or on shiskabobs too YUMMY YUMMY could go for some now! great idea for supper with my veggie burger :)
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    raw baby carrots are a favorite for me to snack on.

roasted brussells sprouts drizzled with a little garlic infused olive oil YUM.

leafy greens in my salad (all kinds)

the rainbow of bell peppers (particularly when sauteed with onions)

recently, spaghetti squash as a bed for stir fry (veggies on top of veggies anyone?)

and i love the crunch of water chestnuts. so good. my favorite in a stir fry!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    simple: steamed broccoli
  • frannyannemum
    Options
    Steamed broccolli and roast parsnips.

Did love sweetcorn and mushrooms - both were cravings through both my pregnancies but cannot stand the smell or sight of either of them anymore :happy:
  • frannyannemum
    Options
    Lately, raw spinach with crumbled bleu cheese, balsamic vinegar and fresh ground black pepper.

That sounds lovely.. may have to try that one this weekend.....