don't read unless you love beer... you won't understand

Options

Replies

• jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY BEER. I live in Montana, and the state has honestly the most micro breweries per capita....not to brag :D

I used to drink alot of my calories too....honestly limiting my beer intake was one of the hardest things about losing weight. However, now I don't not do it completly, I just have one or two a week (down from almost one or two a night) and make sure I plan for the calories and/or work out of them. It certainly has cut in on my social life though :( Now I just try to go hiking or something instead with my close friends. But I do save the money at least.

If you want a GOOD dark beer, come down and check out some of the local ones once in awhile...might I suggest Black Widow (Yellowstone Valley Brew), or Oat Stout (Fat Jacks Brew).
    Sorry, getting carried away...:)
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y07at1bU89Q&feature=share

For you dog and Guiness lovers: Happy St patrick's day, now go round up some mates.....
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Work hard to Play hard! Thats all there is to it! :)
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Learn how to nurse a beer.

Order a water for every beer and either alternate sips or drink a full glass of water in between beers.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I love beer!! and beer is food right? Anyway for me I still go out to the bars with my friends but I alternate my beer with a glass of water. It helps slow down the number of beers I drink in a sitting.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Since I'm not willing to give up my beer... it will just have to fit in... I LOVE BEER!!! :tongue: :drinker:
    I second the Big Dawg on this one. :drinker: I love my Beer. I homebrew a sh*tload of beer..:drinker: . giving it up is NOT AN OPTION for me. Instead, I give up the other crap like fast food and get in a lot of gym time. I am a realist... I am not going to be one of those "Eat Clean" people, my life just doesnt allow for it. I travel way too much to shop for organic stuff. And before any of you tell me "oh you can find organic if you look, I work and spend a vast majority of my time in Africa and other places where that is just not available. i make due with what I can. Anyway, I got off track..... like I said, I go for balance. I dont plan to run marathons or have that 6-pack abs, but I do want to look good in and out of my clothes. So I try to balance it out by not drinking lots of beer all week like I used to.

Good luck to you! :drinker:
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    oh, this hits close to home. I don't just like to drink beer, I also homebrew! I have definitely cut back, but I need to cut back more. so sad.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Anyone with the same situation, what did you do? I don't want to just quit all together because I like my social life.
    I arrange to meet friends at a pub that's 2-3 miles from home and walk / run there and back.

Ooooooh....this reminds me of a funny story.....
    DON'T RUN HOME IF YOU HAVE HAD TOO MUCH. It can get painful...
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    :heart: <<<
    This girl loves her beer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I refuse to give it up. Amen to all THE BEER DRINKERS OUT THERE !!!!!!! Just keep exercising and eating healthy and you should be fine ! CHERS !:drinker:
  • Ash_76
    Ash_76 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    working silly amount of hours drove me to drink more, it was an easy way to come down from work stresses, it became habit 8pm = beer time and anything from 8 to 12 cans a night would go down no problem, since i have quit that job the beer just aint so important anymore, during jan to june i will drink once a month at max,,, during summer once or twice aweek if it gets hot (england for you) then the crates and kegs come out, once summer has passed the drink goes back to max once a month until xmas then anything goes till jan
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    This girl loves her beer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I refuse to give it up. Amen to all THE BEER DRINKERS OUT THERE !!!!!!! Just keep exercising and eating healthy and you should be fine ! CHERS !:drinker:

Amen to you too Lori!! :drinker:
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I drink a full glass of water, then a beer, then another full glass of water, etc. So, I can stay and socialize for quite a while, and instead of 4 beers, I only have 2.

Oh yeah! I also do a big workout on my days that I want to go out, so I have extra calories to use up.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    YEP..I have been drinking Beer throught my journey here....Hadn't stop much!! Loves my Corona, Heineken, and budlight!! AHHH....Think i will get my 6pack after work!!!!

Agree with the keep exercising....
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Yep, I exercise more and plan for the calories. I won't give up beer or wine :drinker:

At home I drink Bud Select 55 - only 55 calories and tastes almost like beer :-/

This made me laugh, Liz...almost like beer...I concur :laugh:
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options

AMEN, sista!!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I dont think I would ever go over my calories if I didnt drink. :drinker:
    Pretty sad.
    I really try to budget for my beer and limit myself to maybe two at a time. Otherwise I would start gaining like crazy.
  • miss_missa07
    Options
    I have to admit that when I'm planning on drinking, I save myself about 600 calories for drinks that night, usually by exercising longer that day or eating a little bit less. Since I'm planning on drinking tomorrow night, I'm just going to exercise an hour tomorrow morning instead of my usual half-hour!
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've had 1 bottle of beer since Feb 20th and boy I miss it. That being said, I've lost 8 pounds and feel less bloaty.
  • deliciousappleblue
    deliciousappleblue Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Cut way back. Only drink fine, flavorful beer and less of it. For a lower calorie beer that is still decent, consider Guinness.

Yes, this. I cut way down on how much and how often I drink, which really wasn't even that much to begin with but currently is almost never. But if I'm invited out, I'll just have a pint or two and not stress about it. If you drink a really good beer, you can nurse it a bit to enjoy the flavour and you won't be throwing them back like the cheap stuff (which isn't worth drinking anyway).
  • Anathama
    Anathama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Its tough! I do a beer vlog on youtube and we review some really crazy craft beers. Bourbon barrel aged barleywines and all that. I really only drink beer when I do the vlog now though.

Beers been the one thing I've missed the most.

Link to the vlog if you're interested.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFekqa8B2Nw

Cheers!