One phrase that people say that make you CRAZY!

Options

Replies

• deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    "FML" I hate that ... Really here's a gun eat a bullet!

Um...what is "FML"?

F My Life

Thank you very much :)
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    this one was probably said already but "muscle weighs more than fat" NO it doesnt. a pound is a pound.
    Muscle does weigh more than fat by volume, and that's exactly what people mean when they say that.

THANK YOU!
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    If you say "Chillax" or Chillaxin", you're dead to me!
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Why do people say: "I know, right?" That doesn't mike sense.....

you're right. it doesn't MIKE sense lol
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    "For all intensive purposes." NO. Intents AND purposes. Don't use it if you don't understand it!

"Could care less" is a huge one for me, too. You're saying the exact opposite of what you mean!

"My bad" ughhh...

I had a boss who used to use the phrase "in leiu of" CONSTANTLY... and never correctly. ex: "In leiu of St. Patrick's Day, you will be permitted to wear jeans tomorrow!" Um, regardless of my attire, it will still be St. Patrick's Day. :grumble:
  • chevysarah
    chevysarah Posts: 188
    Options
    -LOL

( We all know your really not Laughing Out Loud so please just STOP IT!)

Oh when people actually say L-O-L in a face to face conversation. You could just laugh.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    "I'll be honest..."

"Honestly...."

"To be quite honest..."

I guess if you don't pre-qualify your statements with one of those, it's safe to say you're lying? Most annoying statements ever.
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    "hey big guy" I really hate that...would you say "hey big gal" t to a woman? No
  • AlliecoreXX
    AlliecoreXX Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Anything involving the phrase "my wonderful husband".......totally makes me want to kick something. Maybe it's because I don't have one. But even when I was married it drove me bonkers!
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Okay so this is an offshoot of the "one word that makes you cringe" topic.

Mine is "It is what it is..." I can't stand it when someone says that. It is totally over used, and makes no sense whatsoever.

Yes! I hate that! NO! It is what someone made it dang it!
  • DoBetterDrea
    DoBetterDrea Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    "To where"...e.g. When this process is implemented it's going to be to where we won't have to use manual reporting any more.

WTF is "to where"???
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Anything followed by the words "just say'n"!!!!

YES!!! I cannot stand it when people say "just sayin'".

I also cannot stand "I know, right?"
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Oh, and when people use the word "is" twice. As in, "The thing is is that..." My bf does this, and it grates.
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    this one was probably said already but "muscle weighs more than fat" NO it doesnt. a pound is a pound.
    Muscle does weigh more than fat by volume, and that's exactly what people mean when they say that.

THANK YOU!

not to mention that if said person DOES know what they are talking about, how hard is it to add "BY VOLUME" to the end of a sentence?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

i say, say what you mean, and mean what you say. muscle does not weigh more. period.

It seems you are the one not saying what you mean. If you mean a pound doesn't weigh more than a pound, then say that. If someone else talks about fat and muscle why assume they have a pound of each or that they even use pounds as a unit of measurement? You do know what happens when you assume, right?
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

I believe it was Kate Moss who is credited with that phrase. Yeah, I know!
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    "well basically, what it is, is basically..."

or

"well actually, what I'm actually trying to basically do is..."

No need to over-use basically or actually!! (There is a man who I work with who does this all the time!)
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    " ... really, kinda ... " has always been annoying to me, and it seems to be growing in popularity. i get why it's used, but it makes me think they don't really know how they feel about the topic. i always think to myself that i wish the speaker would think it through first.
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    Irregardless.

6 and 1/2 dozen of the other. God I want to hit someone in the eye sockets when they say that.

Murse, moobs, or any other variation of the womenly words turned manly by putting an "M" in front of the word. Here's a clue, it's not funny anymore.

Irregardless :explode: and when typing, people use the word "then" in opposed to "than". :grumble:
  • jackiebo
    jackiebo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Like, when like, people say like, "like", like every other like word.