One phrase that people say that make you CRAZY!

Options

Replies

• stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    " I'm just talking out loud" instead of "thinking out loud". Of course ur talking out loud... ur talking!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Ugh, when people used to say "ridonculous". I loathed that word. It made my teeth hurt.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I hate when someone says "well it just wasn't meant to be" after I don't get something I want. My (former) stepmom used to do this all the time and I just wanted to punch her. I applied for my dream internship and made it through the 3rd round and then found out I didn't get it and was so bummed and she just smiled and said that it wasn't meant to be...well, thanks for all your support...ugh
  • Cnsa143
    Cnsa143 Posts: 53
    Options
    Preggers

AHHHHHH I hate that word!!
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    this one was probably said already but "muscle weighs more than fat" NO it doesnt. a pound is a pound.
  • bobie1978
    bobie1978 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Prolly! lol It made me mad just typing it.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    It makes me crazy when people cannot complete a sentence without adding the word *LIKE* at least 5 times!! It makes me feel like this --> :explode: (oops, there I go saying it!...frustrating sigh!)
    ^^^^^^ this.

Also people who start sentences with "Basically ........" or "In an ideal world........" or "At the end of the day....."

basically drives me nuts...my stepson does this. I think he thinks it makes him sound smart but it doesn't...but then again who am I to talk . I say You Know all the time. Wish I could stop.
  • seoid
    seoid Posts: 151
    Options
    Why do people say: "I know, right?" That doesn't mike sense.....

i say this all the time. :)
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have a friend, who I love dearly but drives me crazy. She says, "Son of a monkey's uncle!" and "Son of a biscuit eater!" Constantly. "I know, right?" drives me nuts too. If you know, why are you asking me to confirm?? :explode:
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    this one was probably said already but "muscle weighs more than fat" NO it doesnt. a pound is a pound.
    Muscle does weigh more than fat by volume, and that's exactly what people mean when they say that.
  • csm1342
    csm1342 Posts: 21
    Options
    I hate it when my bf says typically. I dont know why but it makes me crazy! Maybe because he says it all the time...
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this offends any Americans...

When I lived in London, England, and worked at the Westminster Abbey Bookshop, and the American tourists would ask if we carried certain books in "American"...

Ummm...You're standing in London, England, and you're looking for the book in WHAT LANGUAGE??

Haha! As an American who visited England for a few weeks, I find this hilarious and could picture it. I might've seen you there in 2006 :-D
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I cringe when I hear "My/your/his/her BAD",
    "Y'all",
    and when people are referred to as "folks", in order of which makes me cringe the most to the least.

As well, any kind of bad grammer...the worst offender being, "I seen..." when it should be "I saw..." Ugh!

And I also hate the "You should have..." My mother uses that all the time and it drives me CRAZY!!

I use y'all all the time! lol... But that goes along with being in the South.
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    "Just Sayin" I am sick sick sick of tht phrase!:grumble:

First thing I thought of when I saw this post. It's nothing more than an excuse to be an *kitten*.
    "You look fat in that bathing suit. I mean, just sayin'." How about just NOT sayin' it?
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    I cringe when I hear "My/your/his/her BAD",
    "Y'all",
    and when people are referred to as "folks", in order of which makes me cringe the most to the least.

As well, any kind of bad grammer...the worst offender being, "I seen..." when it should be "I saw..." Ugh!

And I also hate the "You should have..." My mother uses that all the time and it drives me CRAZY!!

I use y'all all the time! lol... But that goes along with being in the South.

I also use ya'll. I live in Kentucky, give me a break. But I HATE the word "folks."
  • lucentabella
    lucentabella Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

Whoever said that is eating all the wrong foods. I would - and did - choose being overweight over giving up yummy foods.

Thankfully, I found you can be lean and still eat what you love... and it's actually a lot easier than avoiding deliciousness.

Right?? I HATE that quote. It promotes disordered eating, I think.
    Agreed and agreed!
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    Muscle does weigh more than fat by volume, and that's exactly what people mean when they say that.

i say, say what you mean, and mean what you say. muscle does not weigh more. period. so when people say muscle weighs more then fat, to someone who has GAINED weight after a WEEK of exercise, they are wrong in their usage.
  • andivaclavicek
    Options
    "I am flustrated."

I also hear "fustrated" a lot. It's FRUSTRATED. I am so FRUSTRATED.
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    "You know what I'm sayin?"
  • chevysarah
    chevysarah Posts: 188
    Options
    "FML" I hate that ... Really here's a gun eat a bullet!

I feel the same!!! This is the stupidest saying ever.