One phrase that people say that make you CRAZY!

Options

Replies

• mikanjuliansmommy
    Options
    Okay so this is an offshoot of the "one word that makes you cringe" topic.

Mine is "It is what it is..." I can't stand it when someone says that. It is totally over used, and makes no sense whatsoever.

Same thing here. My fiance says that to me all the time I want to stragle him and I know he got it from an dold friend who used to always say it but it really is annoying.
  • Rachel4104
    Rachel4104 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You have such a pretty face.

Why not just say "you're pretty"? By specifying the face, you've essentially insulted me by saying the rest of me is not. Bite me. ;)
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    "Having said that..." and/or "...With that being said..."
    Can't stand those phrases!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    "more or less"
  • plethorax
    plethorax Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    How long is this marathon you're running?

Hahaha, I've never heard anyone ask that, maybe I should start running marathons :) You'd think the "26.2" stickers on the back of everyone's car would give it away, eh?

I can never tell if people are bad at spelling or are espousing a particular metaphor when they consistently use the verb "loose" with reference to weight.

"I would like to loose 48 more pounds" makes it sound like you are rearing 48 very chubby falcons in there, and you are just waiting for them to learn how to fly. Or perhaps you imagine the excess fat as salmon hatchlings, and you are going to loose them into your local freshwater stream by eating vegetables and getting on the elliptical. Unorthodox fishery management, but okay.
  • clockworkkarly
    Options
    when normal-skinny girls say "I'M SO FAT!" or they tell me (i'm over 150 lbs OVERWEIGHT) "you aren't fat!"

W T F??????
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I don't like the overuse of the word "surely" , some people think that just beacuse they are using it they are implying a true statement when typically there are not...

And "clearly."
    Designed to be an argument ender, as in, if you don't agree with my point, then you are an idiot
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My sister n law always says

"whatever!" to just about anything you tell her.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    :explode: anything with the word "retarded" or "that's so gay"...really!?!? From the gay perspective it makes me want to smack the living **** out of you and using the word "retarded" is classless and insulting to those who actually are mentally challenged. They both are downing...

In an effort to stop using the "R" word for political correctness, I have decided to call people "straight irregular" because that paradox matches the ignorance of their actions.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    When your talking to some one and all they say is "I know"
    I do that. Generally when someone is repeating over and over something I already know. Like, 4-5 times in succession. When I finally get fed up hearing it, they get a 'Yes, I understand!
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    "The bottom line is", "to make a long story short"
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    "Last time I checked...." and "I, for one,..." People say these in arguments often, and they add nothing to the conversation.
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i don't like to hear,

"oh girl, let me tell you" blah blah blah....
    you're actually telling me you're going to tell me.....whaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    This isn't a phrase, just a word, but I hate it when people use the word "Ugh" on FB or MFP or any kind of email. None of those people actually say that word when they are talking.
  • cskalaj
    cskalaj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Anything that involves the word "hubby"

"My hubby cooked me dinner today"

Makes him sound like a fat whale from a cartoon

Haha! Ditto! I HATE the word "hubby" and have told my husband that I will NEVER call him that (at least not in a non-mocking sense).
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    "I could care less" IT'S COULDN'T!! COULDN'T!! IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO SAY COULD!

Expert on subject - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

Ignore him after the could care bit though, even I think he takes it a bit far with the hold the fort things xD

THIS TIMES 10!!!

And "Where you at?"
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Welp.

"Welp, I decided to go to the store today...."

I HATE IT SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! ahhhhh
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    "so where do you get your protein?"

not a phrase but something I get asked constantly. Such a huge misconception that vegetarians don't get an adequate amount of protein. So annoying.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    "You don't need to diet". Umm...I'm about 80 lbs overweight so yes, yes I do. The best part is this comes from people that are my size or bigger then me!
  • DDsMrs
    DDsMrs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It makes me crazy when people cannot complete a sentence without adding the word *LIKE* at least 5 times!! It makes me feel like this --> :explode: (oops, there I go saying it!...frustrating sigh!)