One phrase that people say that make you CRAZY!

Options

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    "FML" I hate that ... Really here's a gun eat a bullet!

THIS TOO! Especially when referring to stuff like "FML big exam tomorrow," "FML I just ate way too much peanut butter" WHAT?

I feel old...don't even know what FML means....

It's an internet thing. I don't think anyone says "FML", they actually just say it. But, on the internet, people type FML.
  • kkrobins
    kkrobins Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    FML.... lmbo @ myself , never heard anyone say that before ;-)
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    "Stupid B****!"

I HATE when men say this!!!! *luckily they don't say it to me just at other women when driving or shopping, etc.*
    I say that about women all the time. Usually the ones that pull out in front of me and drive slow. THERE'S A WHOLE ****ING LANE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF ME ***** MOVE THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!

Then they look at me weird when I speed pass them and then reclaim my spot in front.

I also call them stupid ***** when they stare at me weird because I'm trying to get something from an shelf and they're taking up the whole freaking aisle. And don't get me started on the gang of females that like to walk extra slow at the mall while I'm trying to get somewhere. MOVE THE **** OUT OF THE WAY!

No one likes a stupid *****
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think the phrase "The reality is..." discounts other realtiies of the situation and is just a nice way of saying "I hear what you're saying, you're wrong, and this is what the 'reality' truely is"

It bugs me.
  • dcsump2
    dcsump2 Posts: 73
    Options
    "Stupid B****!"

I HATE when men say this!!!! *luckily they don't say it to me just at other women when driving or shopping, etc.*
    I say that about women all the time. Usually the ones that pull out in front of me and drive slow. THERE'S A WHOLE ****ING LANE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF ME ***** MOVE THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!

Then they look at me weird when I speed pass them and then reclaim my spot in front.

I also call them stupid ***** when they stare at me weird because I'm trying to get something from an shelf and they're taking up the whole freaking aisle. And don't get me started on the gang of females that like to walk extra slow at the mall while I'm trying to get somewhere. MOVE THE **** OUT OF THE WAY!

No one likes a stupid *****

HAHA!!
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

THIS TOO! Especially when referring to stuff like "FML big exam tomorrow," "FML I just ate way too much peanut butter" WHAT?

It means F**k my life.

Wow...that is annoying when there are such huge problems in the world that an exam or overeating shouldn't be such a huge issue. Life is such a blessing, which is the largest thing I've learned from my healthy journey (which is far from over)
    I think all of you are taking those three little letter out of context. I doubt anyone is actually comparing their exam to a car bombing in the Middle East. FML is in the same category as "I hate Mondays". But what do I know, I only live on the internet.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    "You must lift heavy to look good naked".

I don't lift heavy and my hubby (and I) thinks I look good naked, so obviously this is not true for everyone. All arguments aside I see the mirror and the look on my hubby's face and it is what it is. And it is good.
  • dolphin9803
    dolphin9803 Posts: 125
    Options
    " You carry your weight well" This drives me nuts, is there such a thing as you carry it badly?!?!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    "You know that woman/guy"... Okay. I have 6 billion to guess from. Give me a clue.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options

It means F**k my life.

Wow...that is annoying when there are such huge problems in the world that an exam or overeating shouldn't be such a huge issue. Life is such a blessing, which is the largest thing I've learned from my healthy journey (which is far from over)
    I think all of you are taking those three little letter out of context. I doubt anyone is actually comparing their exam to a car bombing in the Middle East. FML is in the same category as "I hate Mondays". But what do I know, I only live on the internet.

I'm sure you live more than just on the internet :) (If you're on MFP that is)

I think small things like this desensitize and wear down the fabric of our society....slowly.

I'm also a huge proponet of 1st ammendment rights, so this is IMHO regarding the effects of such speach ...not saying it should be outlawed or anything (Hope IMHO isn't a phrase that drives people crazy :) )
  • libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    "This n that" my sister say's this all the time! Drives me nuts! " You mad bro" ugh grow up!
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."

Whoever said that is eating all the wrong foods. I would - and did - choose being overweight over giving up yummy foods.

Thankfully, I found you can be lean and still eat what you love... and it's actually a lot easier than avoiding deliciousness.

Totally Agree!
  • MDyck1979
    MDyck1979 Posts: 21
    Options
    Actually, that is the EXACT context that I use that phrase in - I work in an FI and when I want to tell someone off without telling them to go **** themselves, I say "I'm sorry you feel that way". You're very right - I am NOT apologizing for anything aside from the poor response of the other party. Better than losing my job.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

It's an internet thing. I don't think anyone says "FML", they actually just say it. But, on the internet, people type FML.

Ive heard people say both the abbreviation and the full phrase either one is just stupid
  • Lakesideretirement
    Lakesideretirement Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people say - "Should you be eating that on your diet" - give me a break!
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    "my bad" Your bad what? UGHH!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    My coworker, in an attempt to make things better has the phrase "it's better than a poke in the eye"... I hear that at least 1-2 times a week and really want to poke him in the eye.

I also hate "that's so gay" regardless of context.
  • finz96
    finz96 Posts: 102
    Options
    Everything happens for a reason! ---- Really?? No kidding!
  • Yahatsugiri
    Options
    When people say "Whatever..." when they´re about to loose an argument.
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    "WTF... why the face?"

Sorry - reminded me of an episode of Modern Family. I think it was the pilot episode .

My least favorite saying that comes in at number 1 is "Well you should have..." I CANNOT STAND THIS. And my mother was the one that used it.

I get it - if you make a mistake - shoulda coulda woulda - but you can't f*cking change it now! I would be ok with "well next time make sure you..." but the "should haves" make me wanna stab myself in the eye with a pencil!

Drove me insane!