I need inspiration. Any 5'5 girls out there?

Options

Replies

• hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    5'5" here and I float between 120-125. But also a marathoner and duathloner, keeping my weight at a point where I'm light enough to make my bike go really fast but also consuming enough fuel to be able to make my bike go really fast.
  • kellicrandall
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP! I am 5' 5". I started at 163 December 16, 2011. My goal is 130. I am currently at 140.8 and in a size 6. This site has helped me in a way that nothing else has over the last several years. I have lost 23 lbs in 3 months and hoping for continued success. Feel free to add me as a friend! Good luck, you can do it!
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I am doing pretty well, but only just started my journey. I'm 5'6", and weigh the same as you now. I'm down 21 pounds, and am seeing the changes in my clothes and from the side too! I've been training diligently for a half marathon, coming up on May 5, which has been helping a lot. My goal is set between 130 and 145, depending on how it feels when I get there.

Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me if you want. :)
  • missmaggiejane
    Options
    Wow! I'm shocked at how many people are just like me and so many more who have surpassed their original goal! Does anyone maybe have some tips that they could give me? For example, I have a VERY SLOW metabolism because all throughout high school and most of college I never ate breakfast. What could I do to speed it up a bit?
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm 5'5 and started at 158. I'm currently 138. My avi photo is current.
  • DsAdvocate
    DsAdvocate Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how sizing varies. I'm 5'6, approximately 140lbs and I wear a size 10. My goal is to be 130 and a size 8, lol! A size 6 for me would be at 120lbs if not less.
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    So if I'm a size 16 and I'm 194 what size do you guys think I would be if I lost 50 pounds and got down to 145?
    This also depends on your body shape. I carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs.
    I am 5'6" and currently weigh 143, I am wearing a size 10. At my lowest weight this time last year(before I found out that I was pregnant) I was 130 and had just purchased a size 6. I have always worn bigger pants sizes than most people that weighed more than me, because I carry all my weight down low.
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.5 1/2" and my starting weight was 260 in July '11. I'm 212 now. The smallest I've ever been was a size 10 at 140. Many, many years ago NutriSystem suggested my goal weight to be 144. I made it to 160 and got pregnant and have going up and down since. I think if I would've went any lower than 140 I would've looked anorexic so my goal is 140. As far as tips, my new thing is MUFAs. I'm just learning about them but I can tell you with certainty that it's helping. I have two avocado each week, use olive oil whenever possible, and have a serving of nuts each week. This may or may not be enough but as I said, I'm in the learning stage. I also eat about every three hours. This helps me from getting too hungry as well as shrinking my stomach. I'll send you a friend request.
  • abigailV91
    abigailV91 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5'', I was just 194 last month and my goal weight is 135. Before I gained all this weight I weighed 145 and I looked like I only needed to lose ten more pounds so 135 is a good goal for a girl who is 5'5''. Good luck!
  • kayms13
    kayms13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I agree that it depends on your body shape. Focus less on the size number and instead look at what's flattering. I'd rather look good in a size 8 or 10 rather than squeeze into a 6, just to say I wear a 6.
  • deeray
    deeray Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and just reached my goal of 120 today! I was 137 on Dec 31st, I didn't have alot of weight to lose but stuck to the 1200 calories MFP gave me and worked out 3, 4 or 5 days a week alternating cardio and weights. Now I'm maintaining and up to 1530 calories a day with exercise.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    5'5 and my original goal was 135. My current goal is to not give a damn what the scale says. :smile: Lots of photos and links to blog posts in my profile.
  • threeringedgirl
    Options
    im only 5'4 but i started around 145 ish and im around 133 currently... 10lbs and strength training can make a big difference i've dropped 2 oor 3 sizes depending on the brand

6984482701_cda09124d1.jpg
  • dtucker3800
    dtucker3800 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'5" and started out at 164 lbs. I am now down to 136 and trying to get to 127. It is slow going though and has taken me 8 months to get this far. I do have an underactive thryroid. I walk at least 10,000 steps every day and stick as closely as I can to the 1200 calories a day. Get yourself a pedometer to count your steps. Walking really helps you shed the weight and you feel so much better. The pedometer is a motivator. My husband and I both got one and we are in a competition to see who 'wins' each night.

8952016.png[/url]
  • mom2pne
    mom2pne Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Are clothes sizes different than they were 20 years ago? I have to ask because I'm 5'5" and back then I was 125 pounds and in a size 9/10. of course I ended up with wide hips from my mom and good thing too because my dh gave all my kids big heads! lol
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    5''5" here..at goal weight....I also have insulin resistance and PCOS and hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue....so I had many roadblocks....but still managed to lose weight...
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    So if I'm a size 16 and I'm 194 what size do you guys think I would be if I lost 50 pounds and got down to 145?

I'm 5'5 and weigh 143 and I'm in a size 9. My butt and thighs are thick though...
  • missmaggiejane
    Options
    Okay here is another question for you guys... I grew up in a single parent household. Sometimes my mom couldn't afford to buy me new clothes and, even though I was getting bigger, I would be forced to wear the smaller size in jeans. Because of this, I now have rolls and HUGE ones. where my pants dug into and continue to dig into where my jeans fit [because my body just got used to it and shaped that way]. I can wear a pair of jeans that is too big on me for a while and that cut into my fat STILL won't go away. Also because of this I can't wear hip huggers. I'm forced to wear stuff that goes all the way up to my belly button because of my body shape. I would love to wear a pair of cute hip huggers for once.

Will it ever go away? And is there a way i can shape my body into the shape I want it [kinda that hourglass shape] while I'm losing the weight??
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and started at 205 lbs. Currently, I'm in a 128-132 range trying to build more muscle. I was heaviest before I had any children (I have 3) and my stretch marks and loose skin are still there, but have definitely improved with eating right and exercising. I'm not sure how your body will change as you lose weight, but it can only get better, right? The more you focus on your health, the better you feel. It's a win-win! Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!