I need inspiration. Any 5'5 girls out there?

Options

Replies

• Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Hi Maggie :)

I'm 5'5", and I started at 161 here, but I am at 135-136ish right now. I've been as high as 234 when I was pregnant. My original goal was 135 and I have been down to 133, but am building some lean muscle/losing body fat now. I would like to get into the 120's- but we'll see.

I also have a slow metabolism, and the biggest thing that has helped me is fueling the fire often. I try to eat 5-6 mini-meals a day, each with a source of protein and good fats. That and trying to be as active as possible really help!

When I was in the mid 140's, I was an 8/10. I have a small waist and ample child-bearing hips, so I usually am bigger on the bottom than the top...lol.

Your body will obviously change as you lose body fat. I bet you'll find those roles start to melt away. I have pics in my profile if you'd like to see. Also- any ladies can feel free to add me!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Hi Maggie,

5'5 here. Started on MFP first / second week of April and I'm down 16lbs so far. My first goal is 150 and then once I get there I will reevaluate.

Very happy with my progress - feel free to add me!!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Hi Maggie,

5'5 here. Started on MFP first / second week of April and I'm down 16lbs so far. My first goal is 150 and then once I get there I will reevaluate.

Very happy with my progress - feel free to add me!!

Starting weight was 200
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 1/2, and I started out around 160 (not sure exactly as scale was broken!). My goal was 138, as I remember being in really good shape at that weight several years ago. I'm currently at 130, and probably could use a couple more pounds....working on building up some lean muscle, as a bit skinny fat right now.
  • Starklover
    Starklover Posts: 57
    Options
    I am 5'5.5" and started my journey two weeks ago at 220. My goal is 170 or right now. Mostly because I do not like the "thin" look... I like a little bit of curves and I felt really comfortable at that weight before. If I get to that weight and decide that I need to lose more than I will address that. I also know that it is going to depend alot on where I lose the weight and how... the weight right now sits mostly in my hips/stomach region. If even i could lose my love handles and a little bit of the pooch in front I would be ecstatic! Good Luck Ladies!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    5'5" here and I float between 120-125. But also a marathoner and duathloner, keeping my weight at a point where I'm light enough to make my bike go really fast but also consuming enough fuel to be able to make my bike go really fast.

Ha ha! I like that! I'm also 5'5" and range from 120-123. I'm a marathon runner too so leaner is better for me - less to haul around for 26.2.
  • EvieNieves
    EvieNieves Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my beginning weight 50 days ago was 155lbs and my goal is 135lbs.... I remember what I used to look and feel at 135....but it can change if I start gaining muscle....as long as you like what you see in the mirror and look/ feel in your clothes that's what matters.. I have lost 10lbs so far.... Half way there!! It is a healthy weight goal:)
  • EliBond
    EliBond Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm 5,4 and quite petite and found that guideline daily amounts of calories were totally wrong for me as for my size and build I should be eating 1,250 calories a day not 1,500 as most food labels suggest.
    For me this was the info that helped me sort out my weight as an additional 250 calories a day extra puts on 1lb EVERY 2 WEEKS!!!

So that would be my tip for short ladies like us :)
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'4 and my goal weight is 135. I have an hourglass figure, so I think overall it depends on your frame as well.
  • dominique353
    dominique353 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So if I'm a size 16 and I'm 194 what size do you guys think I would be if I lost 50 pounds and got down to 145?

Hi,

I was a size 16/18 at 190lbs too. I'm currently under 170 and wearing a 12-14 depending on the store. I don't remember what size I wore back when I was 145.. Maybe a 7/8 or 9/10. It's been so long since I was that small, I don't remember, lol. Ask me again at the end of the summer, if all goes well!

I'm also currently doing a latin dance class, but just once per week for 3 hours. Also started doing a Tae Kwon Do class and it is awesome! I burn over 1500cals in 2 hours!

Good luck in your journey to change your lifestyle!
  • hope1220
    hope1220 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hiii
    I started out at 187 in size 15 down to 165 right now kinda stuck at that right now though.....i still wear size15 sometimes but can wear 13/14 comfortably. my tummy and love handles is the hardest part for me to lose right now... my goal it 135-140..good luck to ya
  • katglaze
    katglaze Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" my goal weight is 135. My highest was 207 but now I down about 33 lbs from that weight. I still have 40 to go, your body will change as soon as you start working out. I do cardio and weight training.
  • sheldammann
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and I started out at 181 6 weeks ago. I am at 170.2 today. I'm on my way to 130. I started out slow and the past two weeks I've really seen big changes in my shape. I was not fully on board with cleaning up my food the first few weeks but now that I am focused on eating quality and the quantity I am seeing great results. My husband has lost 46 pounds since December. He has really seen a change in how fast he's loosing when he cleaned up his food choices these past 6 weeks. He lost 5 pounds last week alone, just by focusing on food quality. He had surgery and couldn't work out like he normally does so he really dialed it in with the food and boy did it pay off. I'd love to see 5 pounds in a week, 3.7 was the biggest loss i've seen but my focus is consistency and trusting that eating this way and getting exercise in really makes a difference. Good Luck!
  • cheremince
    cheremince Posts: 28
    Options
    mine is not really a success story lol. I just started keeping to MFP and my highest weight (before MFP) was 152/155. I'm down to 143 and I wear a US size 4. I'm about 5'6''. Doesn't sound like a lot of weight loss but my measurements changed a lot. From 35-27-38/39 to 33.5-25-36.5

Oh i plan on losing about 10-20lbs more. I think I'll be happy at 130 but I'm not too sure maybe 120 instead
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started at about 157-158 and am currently at 136 with a goal weight of around 134. Feel free to friend me!
  • manning9
    manning9 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" too and my best weight is about 140. Any less than that and I start looking sickly. It's not just about weight though it's also about fitness. Don't get hung up on a number. A friend of mine is also about my height and weight and she wears a size10 and I wear a 4-6. A pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat but takes up a lot less space! Just take it one day at a time and commit to being healthy and the weight will come off.
  • manning9
    Options
    hey girl, I'm 5.4 and a half... lol, so I'm close, but i started out at 212, two months ago, and am now at 193, so i've lost about 20 pounds! you can definitely tell too, so it's great.

my mid section is much more toned, and my face looks thinner.

I'm also in a size 16, so my pant size hasn't changed at all even though I've lost about 20 pounds, then again I have a pair of jeans that are a size 11 and fit me, so don't be dissapointed if you aren't in a smaller pant size 20 pounds from now! because really... it should just be how you feel about yourself :) but everyone loses weight differently ;), my first goal weight is 160, i'm hoping to be there by summertime :)

and I know when I am that I'm a size 10 or 11. I carry most of my weight in my thighs, sadly, and my lower stomach.

Honestly if you stick to pure hard work, you'll do great! :)
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    When I started on this road - I weighed 265. Horrible doesn't even describe how I felt. Last month, I put on a size 16 pair of pants, nearly cried. Now - I'll be honest, they weren't all that comfortable but that feeling is right around the corner.

I wish you all the best - feel free to add me if you'd like.

~Teri
  • manning9
    Options
    I remember that too .. I would get so frustrated that I was still wearing the same size but once. U get to a size 10 you start dropping sizes with every few pounds ! It's great
  • smallfishbigcampus
    Options
    I feel you. I have no metabolism at all and I know what its like to skip breakfast. I used to not eat anything all day and then binge eat at around four pm! What helps alot is using your food diary on this site and accounting for every last bite. It totally sucks especially when you go way over (which I seem to do more than Im proud of ) but it helps with the weight loss. Also, Special K bars 90 calorie things are delicious and a good way to kick off any morning. So if you don't like to eat too early but know that you should.. then I suggest those. Feel free to add me !!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!