I need inspiration. Any 5'5 girls out there?

Options

Replies

• Imawonder
    Imawonder Posts: 65
    Options
    Can you share what you have done? I noticeD you had some pretty good losses early on, and I am about the same size you were, just OLDER!! :)
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and currently 208, 222 was my highest weight. My goal is 150, then just going to take it from there, and see if I want to loose anymore.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5". I haven't got to my goal weight YET but I am halfway there. :) I used to weigh as much as 155 prior to MFP. I think it is fine to set a preliminary goal and then once you get there decide where you want to be, so dont' stress. I think 135 (130 so that I have wiggle room) is where I will end up, but we will see!! I JUST got into a size 4 pants, and am pretty excited about it (I carry weight in my booty/hips).

The most important thing is to get within your healthy range (155?) and then go from there. We have the power to chose. :)

Keep it up girl, we are here for you!!

17245635.png
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    So if I'm a size 16 and I'm 194 what size do you guys think I would be if I lost 50 pounds and got down to 145?

It honestly just depends on your frame and how you carry your weight. I mean i'm 5'4" and I weigh 163. I wear 10/12 but others at my weight might wear 7/8.
  • ammerlou
    ammerlou Posts: 18
    Options
    It seems that it all depends on your shape. I am 5'5" and my starting weight was 165. Now I am at 142 and feel like I need to lose at least ten more to look fit. my original goal weight was 135 but it seems like it will need to be 130 or less to look like i would like to.
  • elizarm
    elizarm Posts: 10
    Options
    How many calories did you eat per day including exercise?
  • hellomeghan
    Options
    I'm 5'4 1/2..............close enough! I actually posted a 20lb before and after pic today, it's right here ^_^

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/528780-1st-20lbs-i-even-saw-a-bit-of-a-difference

you've got this! it takes sacrifice and sometimes I want to cry because I just want to eat ALL THE FOOD and I want to tell the gym to go jump into a pool of molten lava but once you start seeing results, it's SO WORTH IT. :)
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    At my highest (non-pregnant) recorded weight, I was 188. I am currently 143 with some nice muscle, and I like the way that looks on me! I'm somewhere between a 6-8, depending on the clothes.
  • shyrina25
    shyrina25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    im 5'4 and lost almost 30 pounds. please add me would love to have more diet buddies
  • Toniithia
    Toniithia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hey girl, I'm 5.4 and a half... lol, so I'm close, but i started out at 212, two months ago, and am now at 193, so i've lost about 20 pounds! you can definitely tell too, so it's great.

my mid section is much more toned, and my face looks thinner.

I'm also in a size 16, so my pant size hasn't changed at all even though I've lost about 20 pounds, then again I have a pair of jeans that are a size 11 and fit me, so don't be dissapointed if you aren't in a smaller pant size 20 pounds from now! because really... it should just be how you feel about yourself :) but everyone loses weight differently ;), my first goal weight is 160, i'm hoping to be there by summertime :)

and I know when I am that I'm a size 10 or 11. I carry most of my weight in my thighs, sadly, and my lower stomach.

Honestly if you stick to pure hard work, you'll do great! :)
  • dpchem
    dpchem Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am new to MFP... I am currently at 146 and my goal weight is to be in 125 - 130's. I am 5'5. My mini goal is to be in 135 in next 4 months .. Good luck everyone. !! Feel free to add me, would love to have more diet buddies :smile:
  • ka_smith312
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my lowest weight ever was 135. I started my weight loss journey at 221 and today I weighed in at 198. I am shooting for 145-160. Anywhere in that range so my husband and I can try for a baby. :]
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 too. I started at around 142 and am currently about 132-133. I have a very small frame, and I have a fairly high body fat percentage, so I'm mainly trying to hang on to what lean muscle I have and cut body fat. I'm trying not to get caught up in scale weight. I have my goal set at 125, but I'm mainly concerned with measurements and how my clothes fit at this point.
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm actually 5'4", but I figure that's close. LOL.
    Started my journey at 193lbs. A year and a half later I'm 145lbs.
    Started heavy lifting a couple of months ago.
    008-1.jpg
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" but I like this tool:
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/search.html?height=any&weight=Below+100&pant=any&shirt=any&zphoto=Small&new=1

it really shows you how the same height and weight can look very different on different people, but it might help you to see what you might look like, or help pick a goal weight.
  • AmyB69
    AmyB69 Posts: 117
    Options
    5'5 here also. I started eating right and working out on January 27th of this year and at that time I weighed 172# and wore a size 14. Today I am 134# and a size 6. I've changed my goal several times! At first it was 145, now it's 132. I'm wanting to be at 130# and tone. I just started Jillian Michaels Body Revolution this week and am anxious to see the results! Good luck! You can do it!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4.5" and I am aiming for 165ish size 8-10ish. Not super concerned about what the scale says. I tend to be a bit more muscular (and heavier) than expected. It seems to take about 20 pounds for me to lose a size. I am a pear to hourglass shape, and I have thick legs, so it makes things hard to fit. And big breasts so it is a double whammy.

I am really just looking shrink my tummy, so I'll keep at losing until it gets the way I want. If it turns out I never wear smaller than a 10, it won't bother me.

I definitely recommend looking at:
    www.mybodygallery.com to see different women, with different weights and body shapes. You would be surprised how different a weigh of X can look on different people of the same height.
  • Jennyzfit
    Jennyzfit Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    So if I'm a size 16 and I'm 194 what size do you guys think I would be if I lost 50 pounds and got down to 145?

I would think size 8-10. And when you get down under 140 lbs the size may change to 6-8.
    Just saying that's what I've experienced.

If you find yourself plateauing try interval training with a bit of weight strength training. This will be very beneficial.
    I'm speaking from my personal experience.

Hope this helps. :)
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5'' also at 194 so I would love to see pictures of women our height who have lost as well!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I may no longer qualify as a "girl," but I feel pretty young, and I'm 5'5". In my 20's and 30's, I felt best around 125, but as I've aged, I seem to need a few more pounds. I'm considered "large-boned," and at my lowest weight at age 23, 115 lbs., I looked anorexic. (I was just stressed.) In August, I started at 170 lbs. and reached 130 in early March. My goal now is to maintain my weight between 130 and 135.

You'll figure out where you need to be. When you get close, look at pictures of yourself and consider the advice of people you trust. You could post pics on MFP, and probably get 100 different opinions. :) Have fun with it and God bless you as you get healthy and shapely.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!