Help for boneless skinless chicken

Options
amandalfraser
amandalfraser Posts: 40 Member
Hi,
I'm looking for ideas or recipes for b/s chix. Thanks!!

Replies

• DoBetterDrea
    DoBetterDrea Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I usually
    - Cook it up with veggies.
    - Make a veggie and chicken omelette
    - Chicken fried rice
    - Cut it up into chunks and mix it with pasta sauce and whole wheat pasta
    - Soup...
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I like to put balsamic vinaigrette on it and then bake it. Gives it a really nice flavor and keeps it moist.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of recipes online: the Dukan Diet folks, in particular, have a bunch of protein/vegetable very low carb and very low fat recipes for chicken.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    cut it into chunks and cook it with mediterranean veg into ratatouille and serve with rice, bake it in foil with lemon and wine and have with veg, make a curry, stir fry, chopped into a salad...
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Crock pot with chicken broth, cook 5 hours on high, drain and shred, use it it everything all week long
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Mix up some eggs. Roll the chicken breast in the eggs, then roll in crushed almonds. Cook in a greased pan at 375 for 45 minutes (or until done). Eat. Yum.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Basic BBQ Rub

1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar (use turbinado sugar if you want even lower calories)
    1/4 cup sweet paprika
    3 tablespoons black pepper
    3 tablespoons coarse salt
    1 tablespoon hickory-smoked salt or more coarse salt
    2 teaspoons garlic powder
    2 teaspoons onion powder
    2 teaspoon celery seeds
    1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Works for chicken, but even better on pork.

Mix all ingredients in a non-reactive bowl with a wooden spoon, breaking up any lumps with your fingers. Transfer to an air-tight jar, store away from heat and light, will keep for several months.
  • malindaja
    malindaja Posts: 29
    Options
    we fillet it so its thin and fry in pam or cook on george foreman grill.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You can leave the chicken in whole pieces for this or cut it into strips or nuggets.

Dip in egg white or egg your preference
    Roll in panko and bake
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I think in a crockpot with salsa is good, you can add it to mexican style salads, tacos, burritos, etc.
    Last night I made cashew chicken with chicken breasts, zucchini, mushrooms, and onion but you can use whatever veggies you like. Marinated chicken in sherry and corn starch, wok stirred chicken, then veggies, sauce was made of soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine, sesame oil and sugar (teaspoon of each with 3 tablespoons of water) then add a cup of cashews at the end.
  • estjames
    estjames Posts: 76
    Options
    Healthy Boneless Buffalo-Style Wings

Cut it into chunks, coat a baking pan with cooking spray, add chicken, Franks hot sauce, garlic and onion powder, and red pepper flakes. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake until they are done.

I usually make this with a sweet potato and have a huge meal for not a lot of calories.
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Marinate the chicken overnite in lite italian drsg, then grill i grill it with corn on the cob or you can make a kabob of veggies. This is one of my fav ways to deal with chicken..
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    A good chicken curry recipe: http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/151480/Chicken-curry

We also like this one, out of Weight Watchers Make It in Minutes:
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1 teaspoon salt (I left this out)
    ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
    ½ teaspoon ground cumin (I subbed chili powder)
    ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
    4 bone-in chicken breast halves (I used boneless skinless)
    2 tablespoons maple syrup
    1 tablespoon butter
    1 tablespoon Dijon mustard

1. Preheat oven to 500°F (I did 450° the cutlets I used were a little smaller than the steroid chicken you normally get at Publix). Coat a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
    2. Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Rub mixture over chicken, place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes (I did 12 minutes, same reason as above)
    3. Combine syrup, butter, mustard in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring regularly, until butter is melted and mixture is well combined
    4. After chicken has baked 15 minutes, brush glaze onto chicken and bake an additional 5 minutes.

Per Serving:
    Calories 229
    Total Carbs 10g
    Sugars 8g
    Total Fat 6g
    Protein 31g
    Sodium 213mg

I'm sure I have more, would need to dig...
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    how about roasting it in the oven put rosemary, poultry seasoning , about 1/2 cup fat free chicken stock and a little bit of white wine Then cut up some sweet potatoes, onions , celery and some garlic and bake it at 350 for about 40 minutes and then the last maybe 10 minutes or so uncover it and baste it with the stock check with a thermometer that it is at least 165 at the bone
    ooops you said boneless lol just make sure its at least 165 inside
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    A good chicken curry recipe: http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/151480/Chicken-curry

We also like this one, out of Weight Watchers Make It in Minutes:
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1 teaspoon salt (I left this out)
    ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
    ½ teaspoon ground cumin (I subbed chili powder)
    ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
    4 bone-in chicken breast halves (I used boneless skinless)
    2 tablespoons maple syrup
    1 tablespoon butter
    1 tablespoon Dijon mustard

1. Preheat oven to 500°F (I did 450° the cutlets I used were a little smaller than the steroid chicken you normally get at Publix). Coat a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
    2. Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Rub mixture over chicken, place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes (I did 12 minutes, same reason as above)
    3. Combine syrup, butter, mustard in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring regularly, until butter is melted and mixture is well combined
    4. After chicken has baked 15 minutes, brush glaze onto chicken and bake an additional 5 minutes.

Per Serving:
    Calories 229
    Total Carbs 10g
    Sugars 8g
    Total Fat 6g
    Protein 31g
    Sodium 213mg

I'm sure I have more, would need to dig...
    [/quote

Yummy that sounds good Ill have to try it
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    These are all fabulous ideas and thank you for asking this question.

I love chicken and I cook it several times a week. My favorite way to eat it is to fry it in the frying pan with a little
    bit of Garlic Infused Oil (from Pampered Chef...it's the best I have ever used) Make rice and veggies and
    have a little stir-fry.

The other night I baked chicken breast with Cajun seasoning and Smokey BBQ Rub and a little garlic powder and these CHX
    Breasts were WONDERFUL.

Happy Cooking~

18447478.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • amandalfraser
    amandalfraser Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you all very much. Lots of ideas!
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I eat grilled chicken M-F for lunch -- Mrs. Dash is my BFF!!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Slow cooker pulled BBQ Chicken
    Put chicken breasts in the slow cooker with a chopped onion and green bell pepper and half a bottle or BBQ sauce. Cook on low 8 hours until it shreds. I serve this to my husband on a bun, but I think it tastes good just on my plate.
  • alisonwww
    alisonwww Posts: 104
    Options
    Here's a link to lowfat cooking.com for lite chicken marsala. If you like mushrooms, this recipe is fast, easy and absolutely to die for! Also, lite chicken piccata is really delicious too (lemony) served with brown rice. Yum!

http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/poultrydishes/r/chickmarsala.htm

http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-piccata-low-fat-152638