Help for boneless skinless chicken

Options

Replies

• rasptorte
    rasptorte Posts: 29
    Options
    Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Seed and chop a tomato. Finely chop a cooking onion or a couple of scallions. Chop some cilantro. Mix the veggies in a bowl. Add lime juice, cumin, chile powder, granulated garlic, salt and pepper and mix. Top each breast with some of this mixture. Bake in a baking dish that has been sprayed or coated in a little bit of oil at 375 for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve with brown rice, black or pinto beans, avocado and a bit of Greek yogurt.
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    BUMP! these for later! thanks!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    bump. Great ideas. Loving the rolled almonds....mmmmmmmm! Actually, loving them all :bigsmile:
  • Honey623
    Honey623 Posts: 37
    Options
    I use the skinnytaste recipe for broccoli & cheese stuffed chicken. Just get one chicken breast. Slice into three....pound em out to make thin cutlets...place mozzarella in center and some cooked small chopped broccoli on top of cheese. Wrap up on all sides using toothpicks then sprinkle little salt on outside and then dio inti egg wash then seasined breadcrumbs and place on a lightly sprayed baking sheet then spray top of chicken with oil spray n bake 25 min until done @ 350°....
  • ady41
    ady41 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    instead of using a greased pan and adding calories from oil, you can just put them in a tray covered with parchement paper and have them cooked in the oven; no mess and much healthier :)
  • Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Slow cooker pulled BBQ Chicken
    Put chicken breasts in the slow cooker with a chopped onion and green bell pepper and half a bottle or BBQ sauce. Cook on low 8 hours until it shreds. I serve this to my husband on a bun, but I think it tastes good just on my plate.

That sounds really good, will have to give it a try. I love recipes for the slow cooker.
  • Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I like to butterfly my boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Rub a tiny amount of grape-seed oil onto both sides, season with spices (whatever you like) then grill on my stove-top grill over medium high until thermometer reaches 160* in thickest part of the breast. I then serve it with 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce on the side. Simple, & tasty.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Funny, I just bought a whole bag of frozen chicken at Target. So, this thread is perfect. I'll try some of these ideas.
  • 600racer
    600racer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I like to cut into chunks and cook it in a skillet with just enough olive oil and either jamican jerk or blackened spice. Then I can use it for spaghetti, on salads, by itself with veggies..........
  • morningsun3112
    morningsun3112 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    one of my favorite recent recipes is a 'honey pecan' chicken recipe i found on taste of home. it's a little higher on calories than a lot of 'light' chicken dishes because it's got honey, nuts, and the recipe calls for a bigger chicken breast. when i made it i didn't use any butter when browning the chicken (just cooking spray to coat the pan). the recipe serves 2. (copied from tasteofhome.com)

Ingredients

2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 tablespoon butter
    1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
    3 tablespoons honey
    2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans

Directions

Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cayenne. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in butter; add garlic. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Drizzle honey over chicken; sprinkle with pecans. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.

***it works out to a little under 400 calories if you follow this exactly. i added a sprinkle of cinnamon to the pecans, and skipped the butter. but i eat big meals at night, so the calories were fine for me. use a smaller chicken breast and accompany with a salad or other bulky veggies to lower the calories even more. it was amazing. :) sweet and spicy and crunchy.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    this helps me to i eat alot o f chicken breast
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    One of the easiest things to do is sprinkle with McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning (makes everything taste better!) and grill indoor or outdoor (I love my George Foreman :heart: )

Here's a link to a similar thread that I found helpful last year

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/249119-easy-chicken-recipes-for-the-oven?error_user_id=1669990&error_username=k8es
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    Thanks for the recipes, I'm always looking for ways to make chicken breasts taste better.

I have a foreman grill which I've been using a lot lately. Here is what I have been doing for chicken breasts and pork chops and I really like it.

I have been taking a 10 oz box of frozen spinach, thawing it out, squeezing the water out, and adding about 3 TBSP of low fat cream cheese and 1/4 cup of reduced fat feta cheese. One time I added sun dried tomato as well and it was great. Then I microwave this mixture to get the cheese to melt some and mix it all up.

Then I take a chicken breast or pork chop and rub salt and garlic powder on both sides, cut a pocket in it and stuff some of the above spinach mixture in. Then cook on the Foreman grill. I enjoy it very much. Each pack of the above spinach mix is enough for 4 or 5 pieces of meat done this way.
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I buy a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and put it in a blender of food processor and blend about 20 seconds. I use about 1 tbls to coat the chicken breast and add a bit of salt and pepper. Then bake, grill or saute the chicken. It is great for chicken tacos, salads,wraps or chicken with whatever side dishes you like.

I also add about 1/2 of a can of the blended chipotles to one bottle of cheap bbq sauce. It is sweet and spicy and makes everything delicious! I use the bbq sauce on chicken and bake it in the oven! I use it on turkey burgers, shredded chicken, beef or pork sandwiches, shrimp kabobs anything that you would use bbq sauce for!
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    We bake strips of chicken with parmesan herb panko crumbs.
    Bake it wrapped in foil with herbs, lemon and white wine.
    Crock pot overnight to shred for soups, stews, shepherd's pie, etc. I use a value pack of chicken, celery, carrots and onion with fresh thyme... cover with water and cook it for 10 hours to create a yummy stock too.

Buffalo Chicken Salad.... cook in a frying pan with pam until done and browned, coat in hot sauce and put over a salad with lots of celery. Fat free ranch or blue cheese dressing.

For shepherd's pie I use a cauliflower mash for the mashed potatoes on top.

Anytime I make a soup... finish it off with a little fresh lemon zest and/or lemon juice... just brightens up the flavor.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken

Large family pack of chicken
    1/2 bottle of Texas Pete Buffalo Sauce (you can use a whole bottle, but it was too spicy for the kids)
    1 Packet of Hidden Valley ranch Powder

Throw it all in a crock pot (I think that I added some water) And while it is cooking I flip the chicken around and eventually break it apart.

I eat it this way with some cheddar cheese in it. For the kids, I put it on a hamburger bun with cheese. Easy and yummy!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Bump...Love me some chicken...Awesome topic!! :)

16043484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    <~~~~this!

I cut up boneless, skinless chicken into strips, cover it with Cajun spices (McCormick), grill it, eat it in a whole what pita with lettuce, sometimes with olives too. My son adds blue cheese or ranch dressing.

It is super yummy!
  • LeSsOvMe
    LeSsOvMe Posts: 117
    Options
    Bump