Replies

• autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Oops....I already bumped this...lol
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Last night I stuffed them with low fat provolone and proscutto. browned quickly then backed in the oven topped with fat free cream of mushroom and fresh sliced mushrooms. Soooooo good with roasted asparagus and brown rice (:
  • butjuli
    butjuli Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump! Love chicken =]
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    we put a little olive oil on cut up chicken breast and then skew them and put them on the grill. Sometimes I put just salt and pepper on them other times I have fun with seasonings.

We make a big batch then I use them thru the week. In salads, wraps and soups.
  • jenn32399
    jenn32399 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like to marinade butterflied chicken breast in goya mojo (i find it in the hispanic section of my grocery store) overnight. Then I grill it on the George Foreman, and slice it for tacos. Very, very delicious, moist, and adds hardly any extra calories. Also good in fajitas with whole wheat tortillas. Add some fat free refried beans for a side dish and you are set if you're in the mood for mexican food
  • schmidtka70
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/grilled-chicken-with-spinach-and-melted.html

Grilled Chicken with Spinach and Melted Mozzarella
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 6 • S Size: 1 cutlet, spinach, cheese • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 4 pts
    Calories: 153.3 • Fat: 4.2 g • Protein: 24.5 g • Carb: 4.0 g • Fiber: 1.3 g • Sugar: .7 g

24 oz (3 large) chicken breasts sliced in half lengthwise to make 6 cutlets
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 tsp olive oil
    3 cloves garlic, crushed
    10 oz frozen spinach, drained
    3 oz shredded part skim mozzarella
    1 roasted red pepper, sliced in strips
    olive oil spray

Preheat oven to 400°. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly spray a grill with oil (I used my George Forman) or grill outside on a gas grill. Cook chicken on the grill until no longer pink, careful not to overcook or you'll have dry chicken.

Meanwhile, heat a sauté pan on medium heat. Add oil and garlic, sauté a few seconds, add spinach, salt and pepper. Cook a few minutes until heated through.

When chicken is done, lay on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment for easy clean-up. Divide spinach evenly between the 6 pieces and place on top. Top each with half oz mozzarella, then slices of roasted pepper and bake until melted, about 6-8 minutes
  • josborn1012
    Options
    Wonderful thread and suggestions! I eat a ton of chicken so I will definitely be referring back to this.
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Check out my recipe page. I've got several recipes for really good b/s chicken breasts!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/finallychelle/view/my-lo-cal-recipe-collection-195763
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    This is me and my boyfriends favorite! It's super quick and easy and low calorie. We actually add in rice noodles at the end instead of eating it with rice. http://www.marthastewart.com/317515/spicy-chicken-stir-fry-with-peanuts
  • rbbrrmqn
    rbbrrmqn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    go to allrecipes.com you can enter in 1 or more items and get loads of recipes.
  • tinytubbs
    tinytubbs Posts: 54
    Options
    every once in a while i will take bsc and put a tablespoon of apple butter on then back at 400 till chix done then broil to carmalize the apple butter
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My favorite recipe is crock-pot chicken tacos. Easy, quick, healthy and very very good!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/499326-croc-pot-chicken-tacos
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    if they are thick i half them to make them thinner. i season with garlic powder and lemon pepper and then do a pan sear or you could broil, grill or bake.

this is good by itself with sides or on salads and in wraps.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I boil mine, shred it and put it in all sorts of different stuff. I make chicken salad, I put shredded chicken and cheese on my salad, I also like shredded chicken in a bow with a little fat free sour cream, 2tbsp of green Enchilada sauce and 1 oz of cheddar cheese (It tastes like an enchilada without all the cal's) I also like to soak it in buffalo sauce 0cal, low sodium sauce's, then bake it in the oven and dip it into Ranch. Last nite I made chicken and black bean tacos (except I don't fry my tortillas and I eat low-carb ones) I just add salsa, black beans, 1tsp of cumin and a lb of chicken and cook till fluids from the chicken are clea on the stove. I like making chicken Crodon Bleu, Stuffing bell peppers with chicken and cheese. Even just roasting chicken with some olive oi,l salt, pepper and onion powder. I could go on for days but these are some of my favorites. OH and one more I make a homemade Alfredo sauce and add Broccili to it then pour it over cooked chicken and it tastes like Chicken Fettucini Alfredo (without the extra cal's and carbs from the pasta) Hope that helps!
  • Cynsational_1
    Options
    Mrs. Dash is my BFF too! :smile:
  • Breezedew
    Breezedew Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Crock pot with chicken broth, cook 5 hours on high, drain and shred, use it it everything all week long

This is exactly what I do! The uses are endless!!

Chicken tacos
    Chicken baked nachos
    Buffalo chicken sandwiches
    Chicken stuffed potato
    Chicken salad on Wassa crackers or bread
    Green chicken enchaladas
    Chicken salad topped with Lime juce, jalapeno juice and a dash of EVOO (line plate with baked tostitos, 1/4 cup fat free refried beans, lettuce, cheese) Yum, one of my favorites!
    BBQ chicken (make my own low sugar bbq sauce)
    Chicken stuffed green peppers

Oh I could go on and on... I LOVE DOING THIS!!! My kids will eat it cold out of the fridge. Good protein!
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm very simple, and it works for me. I just season it with cayenne pepper, seasoned salt (optional), garlic powder and black pepper. Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes at 400degrees. Flip it over and bake it for another 15. Voila! Nice, yummy chicken. I serve it with carrots and peas most of the time.
  • KarateGoddess
    KarateGoddess Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of a chaos cook and don't have an actual recipe but here is something I like to do with boneless skinless chicken breasts. I'm always winging it and taste after the chicken is done to make sure I've put in enough salt and lime - but hopefully you get the basic idea. :)

Slice up two chicken breasts
    In a saute pan add a tablespoon olive oil (it might take a little more) and the following spices:
    tsp cumin
    tsp black mustard seeds
    tsp chili powder
    tsp ground corriander
    1/2 tsp tumeric

combine into a paste and let it toast a little then throw in your sliced chicken breast. I ususally add some salt at this point - maybe a half tsp) Coat and sear the pieces then add,

1/2 can Swanson's chicken broth

Let it come to a boil then simmer until the chicken is cooked through. At this point I add

1/2 can light coconut milk and the juice of one lime

depending on the size of the chicken breasts you might want less lime. The chicken breasts I get are usually enormous! LOL
    Careful the pan is not too hot when you add the coconut milk because sometimes it can seperate.

Serve with brown rice and fresh cilantro.
  • Breezedew
    Breezedew Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Opps.. Silly computer... it posted twice.
  • amberbennett89
    Options
    bump