Dr.Oz show 03/16/12 Best Belly-Blasting Supplements

Options

Replies

• LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    You know.. the whole purpose of this site is to support each other and to learn. The immature rude comments just prove that ignorance is everywhere.

Yes, ignorance is everywhere. That is why Dr. Oz has so many viewers. You might ponder the meaning of the word 'ignorant' before you label the nay-sayers as ignorant.

And... I did not consider my comment rude... nor do I consider it immature... and my comment was not ignorant at all. I do, however, find it interesting that so many people feel the need to preach about what is and is not an appropriate comment. When they dislike something, they cry foul with words like "rude" and "ignorant"...

I was not attacking the OP. I was just expressing my dislike of Dr. Oz. I feel he has done far more damage than good through his show. I wish he would stop. In my opinion, he is abusing his power as an MD. I feel very strongly about this. He gives good advice mixed with nonsense and unfortunately many see "MD" and think, 'oh... he must know what he's talking about'. They blindly follow.

And so I use my "powers" in an attempt to prevent others from wasting their money on unnecessary supplements.

I used tongue-in-cheek in my original reply to the OP. I was being a little silly, intentionally, because the subject of "Dr. Oz says..." has come up so often and I have replied so often, that I think I should just get myself a hat that says "Dr. Oz is a quack" and call it good. Perhaps I should have responded the way I always do... but that gets old after a while.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    You know.. the whole purpose of this site is to support each other and to learn. The immature rude comments just prove that ignorance is everywhere.

um ... no. well, kind of. but mostly no.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

The fact anyone actually ponders whether Dr Oz's Belly Blasting Bullshit Stories are even remotely legit is what actually proves that ignorance is everywhere. We don't support bullshit here. Well, some of us anyway.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I don't hate Dr. Oz....but what I don't understand is that he supports all of these "fast" fixes and it's a different thing everyday sometimes contradicting each other. He used to offer interesting info.....now he is just a sell out. Sorry you can't target fat...it come off where ever it feels like it!
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Wow, what's with all the hate for Dr. Oz? I'm pretty sure he's an actual cardiologist, his advice can't be that bad.
  • mgero212
    mgero212 Posts: 96
    Options
    bump
  • busymnmom
    busymnmom Posts: 133
    Options
    bump...my dvr didn't tape that today! =(
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    drozquack.png
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Wow, what's with all the hate for Dr. Oz? I'm pretty sure he's an actual cardiologist, his advice can't be that bad.

http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2011/10/dr-oz-wrong-arsenic-apple-juice.html
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44520025/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/t/fda-dr-oz-apple-juice-safe-after-all/
    http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/02/dr-ozs-raspberry-ketones-dismissed-by-dietitian-as-tv-hype/

He's a supplement-pusher and nothing more than a TV showman. He's been very wrong about a lot of things many times over.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options

Yes, because most cardiologists go on TV and make a total @$$ out of themselves by saying "I don't support miracle supplements one season" then "Take this miracle supplement" the next
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

There's one of these in every thread...

All these posts about how Dr. Oz sucks is proof that ignorance may be everywhere, but at least for now, not in this thread. :wink:
  • CamsMama22
    Options
    :laugh:
    I'll be honest, when I read Forskolin all I saw was foreskin.

Made me LOL! I did the same thing! :laugh:
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    I'll be honest, when I read Forskolin all I saw was foreskin.

hehe...me too
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options

THAT. He's a cardiologist. He should not be peddling quick-fix supplements because one or two studies show they MIGHT increase metabolism in RATS (or something like that). He should stick to SOLID SCIENCE- you know, the kind that is backed by years of research with quality experimental designs, proper controls, and actual human clinical trial data with large sample sizes.

He has an ethical responsibility to do it right. He took an oath.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options

Yes, because most cardiologists go on TV and make a total @$$ out of themselves by saying "I don't support miracle supplements one season" then "Take this miracle supplement" the next

:drinker:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

You're kidding right?

Did you see the one where he was talking about how to lose a crap load of weight by using your shake-weight?

And then not too long after that it was just 15 minutes a day with Insanity (which is weird, since those DVDs are 40 minutes and up).

Or how about the one about him endorsing HcG?

If he's an actual cardiologist, then I hope to God nobody actually goes to him...
  • ChihakuZeal
    Options
    I usually avoid Dr. Oz. He's like the modern Wizard of Oz himself. He looks like he can help, but he is nothing but a sham.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

You're kidding right?

Did you see the one where he was talking about how to lose a crap load of weight by using your shake-weight?

And then not too long after that it was just 15 minutes a day with Insanity (which is weird, since those DVDs are 40 minutes and up).

If he's an actual cardiologist, then I hope to God nobody actually goes to him...

Agreed!
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I apologize, I don't watch his show, I just found it shocking that so many people were so opposed. Thank you for making me feel so welcome on this topic by attacking me. I will avoid touchy subjects in the future.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

You're kidding right?

I agree!!!!