Dr.Oz show 03/16/12 Best Belly-Blasting Supplements

Options

Replies

• my2boiz
    my2boiz Posts: 89
    Options
    I'll be honest, when I read Forskolin all I saw was foreskin.

meeee too
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Wow, what's with all the hate for Dr. Oz? I'm pretty sure he's an actual cardiologist, his advice can't be that bad.

You're kidding right?

Did you see the one where he was talking about how to lose a crap load of weight by using your shake-weight?

And then not too long after that it was just 15 minutes a day with Insanity (which is weird, since those DVDs are 40 minutes and up).

Or how about the one about him endorsing HcG?

If he's an actual cardiologist, then I hope to God nobody actually goes to him...

I agree! I don't watch him and never will so I missed those things but am not surprised.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    ye and that yellow brick road!
    errr wait,we're talking about the wizard of oz right?!
    *clicks heels together*
    "theres no place like home"
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    I don't hate anyone, but Dr. Oz is advertising a lot of fad/cheap fixes. I wouldn't recommend taking any sort of supplement that promises blasting away fat anywhere. In fact, I wouldn't take any sort of weight loss supplement at all. You can't spot treat unfortunately. Just do cardio, strength train and eat right. The weight and areas you struggle with will shrink in time.
  • my2boiz
    my2boiz Posts: 89
    Options
    I apologize, I don't watch his show, I just found it shocking that so many people were so opposed. Thank you for making me feel so welcome on this topic by attacking me. I will avoid touchy subjects in the future.

people get a bit excited! dont take it personally. we still love you :)
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    I apologize, I don't watch his show, I just found it shocking that so many people were so opposed. Thank you for making me feel so welcome on this topic by attacking me. I will avoid touchy subjects in the future.

:( no, please don't let this discourage you. Believe it or not, this forum can be useful and formative.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options

Nobody is attacking you. They are attacking Dr. Oz.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Unless you are Dr. Oz, no one attacked you. In fact, by pointing out how wrong Dr. Oz is about supplements, we may have saved you a significant amount of money, frustration, and time.

Seriously, no one has attacked you here. Please don't take it so personally.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

:( no, please don't let this discourage you. Believe it or not, this forum can be useful and formative.

No one's attacking you. Just Dr. Oz. :flowerforyou:
  • sgbeck
    sgbeck Posts: 9
    Options
    I actually love Dr. Oz although I've never tried any of his supplements he recommends. I have noticed that most of them are all natural. I feel he is just trying to help and I think some people think he's going about it all wrong. Maybe that stuff actually works for some people and maybe it doesn't. To each their own.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • compunat
    compunat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
  • compunat
    compunat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I actually love Dr. Oz although I've never tried any of his supplements he recommends. I have noticed that most of them are all natural. I feel he is just trying to help and I think some people think he's going about it all wrong. Maybe that stuff actually works for some people and maybe it doesn't. To each their own.

thank you for your replay,

It's exactly what I'm trying to do. I want to find out if these supplements work as described.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    You know.. the whole purpose of this site is to support each other and to learn. The immature rude comments just prove that ignorance is everywhere.

Let's see... I keep looking up in the exercise database how many calories burned while climbing up on your high horse but I can't seem to find it!!?? Anyone......Bueller? Anyone..........?
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I hate Dr. Oz. That is all. Good luck with your belly blasting. Or... send the money to me instead of spending it on supplements. I promise, it will go to a good cause.

This is great!! ^^^:laugh:
  • nicakk01
    nicakk01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Caraway seeds (carum carvi) – helps with digestion and IBS (may help with bloating : /)
    Stress can easily be reduced by doing yoga or mediating
    Exercise speeds up metabolism, but if you need to take a supplement Bee pollen stimulates metabolism and helps to curb appetite 1 tsp daily, Brewers yeast will help to reduce various cravings for food and drink, chromium supplements will help to ensure levels are stable and regulate appetite – any good health store can assist you with any of this.

Also nettle tea before a meal helps the metabolism as well.

This information is all from my natural health books that I use with my patients.

Always do your own research when it comes to those on the TV shows, like some have said in previous post, they tend to use what ever they can use to get endorsements with the power they have.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Wow, what's with all the hate for Dr. Oz? I'm pretty sure he's an actual cardiologist, his advice can't be that bad.

A cardiologist is not a dietician.

Just like my driver's license doesn't make me qualified to fly an airliner, a cardiologist is not qualified to talk about nutrition.
  • 1981simm
    1981simm Posts: 123 Member
    Options

Holy Crap! Me too...I don't feel so wierd now...

I was feeling kinda weird too
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

hehe...me too

OK, OK me too! I was trying to keep it dl but all you confessors outed me!! :laugh:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

A cardiologist is not a dietician.

Just like my driver's license doesn't make me qualified to fly an airliner, a cardiologist is not qualified to talk about nutrition.

My cardiologist hates Dr. Oz. He said he was a danger to his patients and the public by pushing all this crap on his show.