Dr.Oz show 03/16/12 Best Belly-Blasting Supplements

Options

Replies

• GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    I actually love Dr. Oz although I've never tried any of his supplements he recommends. I have noticed that most of them are all natural. I feel he is just trying to help and I think some people think he's going about it all wrong. Maybe that stuff actually works for some people and maybe it doesn't. To each their own.

This. I haven't used any of the products either but I feel like he tries to offer help by way of foods/exercise first and natural supplements second. I have serious doubts that everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie since natural supplements/herbs have been used for years and years and have been proven to help many conditions......yes, even by the medical field. Does that make all of those doctors quacks? I make up my own mind about all things and all people and I do serious research on any and everything that I put in my body......if that makes me ignorant, then I'll gladly accept that "label." Also....Dr. Oz doesn't "endorse" any supplement by label. He shows them in generic bottles. I have seen him show cosmetic items in the original containers but not supplements.....unless I missed it?
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I don't watch Dr. Oz so I can't comment on whether he's a quack or not, but I think it's funny that so many people get all up in arms over people that recommend supplements. Not all supplements are "quick fixes" for people that just want to sit on their butt and eat Twinkies all day and and then pop a miracle pill to lose weight. I've lost over 50 lbs. the old fashioned way through watching my calories and portions and working my butt off at the gym doing cardio and lifting weights, but I also take green tea extract (for the metabolism boost) and white kidney bean extract before the occasional high carb meal to block carb absorption. I don't see anything wrong with helping your weight loss efforts along as long as it's in a safe way.
  • tiffastar
    tiffastar Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, when I read Forskolin all I saw was foreskin.

Me too! Then i thought well that would make me sick and puke so I guess that would help? Lol!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Wow, what's with all the hate for Dr. Oz? I'm pretty sure he's an actual cardiologist, his advice can't be that bad.
    When it comes to cardiology.........................................but when venturing out in areas that is NOT his expertise, his credentials of cardiology are being used as proof that he knows what he's talking about. Supplements are sales bonanza's for most companies and do little to assist in weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    And does anyone even remember what Dr. Oz specialty in medicine is??? He is a cardiologist not a nutritionist. Some of the things he talks about makes me wonder so I take everything with a grain of salt. I do wish more people would.

And does anyone else wonder if he still practices medicine???
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Today's was a repeat from a few weeks ago.

I asked about 7-keto at my local health food / supplement store (in Toronto) and the owner told me 7-keto isn't approved for sale in Canada, because Health Canada considers it unsafe. I'd have to drive to Buffalo and bring it back over the border to get it.
  • bakerlakisha
    Options
    I think Dr. Oz has a great Doctor voice but would scare me if he was my doctor. He just recommends too much. Im trying to stick to the healthy things im doing now. I some ppl do follow him and they get scared and they think they have some type of problem just because he says this is happening to them. Like i said i just like the mans voice. Lets stay healthy :)
  • bakerlakisha
    Options
    So true. I just say stick to what you know.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

Same.
  • babyblooeyes
    babyblooeyes Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    me too!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    You know.. the whole purpose of this site is to support each other and to learn. The immature rude comments just prove that ignorance is everywhere.

Agree!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    BELLY BLASTER CANNON FIRE!
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Haha me too, glad I am not the only one with head in the gutter all the time:)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    BELLY BLASTER CANNON FIRE!
    advanced_tactical_laser.jpg
  • TracyM191
    TracyM191 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I saw this episode a few weeks ago. Although it sounds interesting, I can't help but think that Dr. Oz gets a commission on the products that are sold.
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I actually love Dr. Oz although I've never tried any of his supplements he recommends. I have noticed that most of them are all natural. I feel he is just trying to help and I think some people think he's going about it all wrong. Maybe that stuff actually works for some people and maybe it doesn't. To each their own.

thank you for your replay,

It's exactly what I'm trying to do. I want to find out if these supplements work as described.

Exactly. We are all grown ups here, and capable of using our judgement on whatever we believe or want to try. I personally have had very good success with Turmeric, as recommended by Dr Oz. It accelerated my weight loss, and while my diet and exercise did not change when I stopped taking it (just because I ran out), my weight loss slowed down.
  • Monti_e_lmt
    Monti_e_lmt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You know.. the whole purpose of this site is to support each other and to learn. The immature rude comments just prove that ignorance is everywhere.

^^^^ THIS some of us believe in supplements. I love vitamins, I would rather take natural things than chemicals.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options

^^^^ THIS some of us believe in supplements. I love vitamins, I would rather take natural things than chemicals.

I take natural supplements too...in fact, working in the nutritional supplementation field is my given profession, but what he recommends are new "quick fixes" and not tried and true natural supplements that work. There is a difference between raspberry ketones and green tea extract...one has been around for years, and one nearly no one knew about til' Dr. Oz
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

I take natural supplements too...in fact, working in the nutritional supplementation field is my given profession, but what he recommends are new "quick fixes" and not tried and true natural supplements that work. There is a difference between raspberry ketones and green tea extract...one has been around for years, and one nearly no one knew about til' Dr. Oz

also, chemicals often taste good.
  • robb7
    robb7 Posts: 22
    Options
    Dr Oz is a quack. He was trying to push some sort of blueberry juice diet and didn't pass the sanity test.