bump
  • Brianabomb
    Brianabomb Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tarapickett
    tarapickett Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Ellen Barrett's workout series because it combines pilates, weights, etc. I really recommend trying some out first. Netflix has a great selection in its streaming video section. I'm going to check out my local library too! It's nice to get a little variety.

Feel free to add me.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have a Denise Austin Cardio Sculpt video I got at Walmart for $7. It is great for starting out and has about 5 different workouts to try. Each one is a different style, athletic inspired, cardio sculpt with weights, martial art inspired, etc. I started with cans as weights.

I would highly recommend this especially if you are just starting working out. :smile:
  • K10rel
    K10rel Posts: 4
    Options
    Do you have to do 30 day shred for 30 day to see results or can you mix things in?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred, HANDS DOWN.

Only workout video under 25 minutes that gave me more results than I EVER got a gym, let alone visible results and increased endurance within a week.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Do you have to do 30 day shred for 30 day to see results or can you mix things in?

I had fab results just doing it for 27 days with rest days in between. Right now I am doing the 30DS again, everyday but also mixing in a bit of Insanity and other activity :)

So no, you don't.. even Jillian says you don't but it's recommended. Always check with your doc to make sure that's OK. I am fairly healthy and young so I got the OK.
  • K10rel
    Options
    I am on day 20 and I am just no seeing the results I thought I would.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    ChaLEAN Extreme. It's an entire 90-day program, easy to follow, can be modified with resistance tubing or you can use dumb bells, can also be modified for all low impact or for beginners, yet challenging enough for someone advanced, like me. I'll send you a message!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    And my current default picture is my results from my first round of ChaLEAN Extreme. I'm on Round 2 now :)
  • JerseyGirl081
    JerseyGirl081 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    P90X Plyometrics! Because it works everything! :)
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred or the ones she has that are target specific are fantastic!!!
    I ordered a few different beachbody ones and if I had ordered for MYSELF I would have ordered turbokick, but my husband and I ordered together so we ordered p90x. We also have insanity. You need a doorway to add a pull up bar though, and they are a bit longer workouts, but I fill in my shorter days will jillian.

I also have the beachbody dance workouts, I like them as well, but havne't done them lately.
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I liked the 30DS but I always find myself going back to TurboFire. It's the most fun workout I have ever done. I get bored pretty easily and that one I did for a long time. And i lost 22 pounds and a TON of inches within 3-4 months.
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    I am on day 20 and I am just no seeing the results I thought I would.

There could be many reasons for this.. e.g. your diet, eating, how you are doing the workout.. Do you take measurements? Using the scale with 30DS is kinda a no no because most people lose inches and only a few lbs.

Not to say you are at fault - I don't know that much about you but I started doing 30DS 3 months after I had my second child at 197 lbs and I lost over 20" in 27 days eating under 1700 cals a day. When it comes to losing fat, I have never believed in something so strongly as I do 30DS. I really hope that you start seeing something soon :-)
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    I liked the 30DS but I always find myself going back to TurboFire. It's the most fun workout I have ever done. I get bored pretty easily and that one I did for a long time. And i lost 22 pounds and a TON of inches within 3-4 months.

^ This.

Took a peep at what I could find of Turbofire online and in the few minutes that I did that workout, I did get a sweat on. Turbofire and 30DS are two different workouts though so for those looking to lose fat, 30DS does that nicely. TurboFire has the ability to do the same with some people but I don't think it will tone people's bodies in the same way.
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
  • eawilkrsn
    Options
    Leslie Sansone Walk away the Pounds. Im stuck on 3 fast miles and 4 fast miles right now. Great workout, great personality. Easy cardio in 45 min. Love it!
    Great for starting out.
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser Cardio Max! You get Bob and Jillian! And you're working out with Biggest Loser contestants, there are modified moves, you can create a custom workout program and choose which workout you want to do.

This. A great workout!
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I love all Jillian Michael's DVDs! But I guess if I had to pick one it would be No More Trouble Zones. It always makes me sore. Extreme Shed and Shred is also a good one, it incorporates kickboxing, jiu-jitsu, yoga, etc.
  • K10rel
    Options
    Maybe I am not giving it my all. Wine is my only vice but I even put that into MFP. Even measurements aren't looking that great!