11 month, -65 pounds (pics)

Options

Replies

• nonna02
    nonna02 Posts: 6
    Options
    You look wonderful....so proud of you, can't wait till I can put the same testamony on.
  • thisgirl980
    thisgirl980 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Such an inspiration!
  • mmariano
    mmariano Posts: 15
    Options
    What an inspiration. Your right, it's not easy and every day is a new day full of challenges.
    Thank you for sharing.
  • cyndigre
    cyndigre Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome:) You should be so proud! I bet your daughter is also proud of you!
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU to everyone!!! I feel weird posting pictures of myself, but I know how much it inspired me in the beginning to see that it IS possible!

For those who've asked: My diary is open -- feel free to look at it. I try to keep my carbs low (per my doctor's orders) at around 30-35% of my calories. I generally eat more on workout days (200-300 extra calories) but don't eat back all of my exercise calories, since I consider all of the numbers on here to be estimates anyways. The first six months I focused mostly on cardio (walking, then running, elliptical, bike riding...anything to move!!) in order to burn the fat. I started adding in strength training to start building muscle once I got closer to goal. There really are no tricks or shortcuts!! It truly is healthy food in the right portions plus exercise!!!

I'm 44 and have four kids, so I can definitely say this is possible!! It takes determination, effort, and occasionally some tears, but from the beginning I said I was NOT on a diet -- this was a life-style change that I was committing to. I don't "deny" myself anything - I just choose not to eat certain foods because I don't want to have to exercise them off or they aren't good for me! It's all my choice =)

Good luck on your journey! Send me a friend request if you want -- I'm more than happy to support new friends -- it makes a world of difference to have the support and encouragement of others!

Cristy
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Wow looking great.
  • BabeedollB
    BabeedollB Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! Awesome job :smile:
  • courtneycleveland85
    Options
    WOW!! You look AMAZING! You must be so proud, congratulations!
  • Stephy1026
    Stephy1026 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Amazing you look great!
  • bananaxking73
    Options
    go biddie go!
  • jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    thats amazing! good job!
  • danalang
    danalang Posts: 10
    Options
    you look wonderful and probably feel so much better - be very proud! :wink:
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    both very pretty ladies, congratulations, you'v done really well. oh and btw - you so don't look old enough to have a daughter that age!
  • ChaoticMum
    ChaoticMum Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You look so healthy now!! Congrats on a hard earned longer life!
  • Angelangi
    Angelangi Posts: 35
    Options
    WOW, you look fantastic.. you look more like sisters now.. CONGRATULATIONS for doing it. You have just urged me even more to go on.. Im off to the gym now, lol. :)
  • Mrslolo83
    Options
    great job!! you look amazing!!
  • yoyonomore7
    Options
    Congratulations!! I have myself lost about 60 pounds but my journey is not complete yet. This February, my man proposed to me and I need help to get to my goal. Your story is truly inspirational
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    very beautifull and inspiring .. you look fab :)
    congrats
  • SassyB504
    SassyB504 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow you are an inspiration. Nice job!
  • yodapooper
    Options
    :bigsmile: I so see your daughter in you!! Amazing! All your hard work was certainly worth it even if it didn't seem like it at the time. You look so happy and beautiful!! Congrats to you!! You've inspired me to keep at it and for that I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!