Anyone else doing protein shakes??

Options
124»

Replies

• nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I did ask a question like this one this morning to get some advice...i currently do not use protein shakes but i am really thinking about them 2..(i am 2 weeks new to this site) but in the future i will probably buy a chocolate PS to replace some of my meals..
  • bits4226
    bits4226 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i do one scoop of my whey protein (94 calories) in the am to help me feel fuller during the day. I also use it after workouts. i don't use it as a replacement but i supplement my breakfast with it to start my day off right. i tried to replace a meal and i hated it (i wanted to eat more food) now instead of the 3 full scoops the serving size asks for i just use 1.
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    i drink one after each workout.
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    besides - I don't think there's a magic "one size fits all" solution - "do this every day forever and you'll get your desired results." I'm only 8-9 months into this and am by no means an expert, but I find my eating habits have changed tremendously between before-MFP, the first few months (added exercise but no change to diet), and then over the past few months, I've progressively made tweaks/improvements to my food choices. It's evolving and changing as my mind and body needs change.

So for the OP - if 2 shakes a day is working for you - great! Maybe that's exactly what you needed to do to get your system re-tuned . At some point you may decide to mix it up a little and try something else... your body will tell you with plateaus (or a sudden urge to try something new) ... just keep pluggin' away!
  • bechtel1979
    Options
    SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST. ILL MAKE SURE YOU STAY MOTIVATED. IM NOW 33 AND I NOW IN THE BEST SHAPE OF MY LIFE. WHAT PROTEIN SHAKE ARE YOU TAKING? THATS AWESOME YOU ARE TAKING A PROTEIN SHAKE, PROTEIN INTAKE IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS. HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I want to. But there is so many different brands that I dont know what to buy lol

^^agreed!

I've tried several, and the Dymatize ISO 100 Hydrolyzed whey is the best tasting. Google it and look for a good price on it. You can usually buy a 10 serving trial size to start.

As for the rants about supplements, that's not really the point of this thread. Protein supplements are useful for people who lift and are losing weight to preserve lean mass when we can't get enough protein in our diet. We're not talking about every supplement ever invented, just a protein supplement.
  • lannna17
    lannna17 Posts: 19
    Options
    I want to. But there is so many different brands that I dont know what to buy lol

Gaspari, Dymatize or Optimum Nutrition
    [/quote

Check out Body by Vi... amazing company and amazing results!! You make your own shakes too, so you never get bored!