Eggs

Options
what are your thoughts on scrambled eggs. I put them in here today in my tracker and they are so many calories but love them so much!!!

Replies

• C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    I went with the egg beaters for the lower calories and no cholestrol.
  • Kateraptor
    Options
    I love eggs once or twice a week, usually on weekends. I scramble one egg with cheese and ham. I figure as long as it's not every day, it's fine.
  • sarallong
    sarallong Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Only use the egg white! WAY less calories and cholestorol...and big time PROTEIN!!! I make mine using a little mrs. dash for flavor :)
  • jwaderich
    Options
    I eat the hell out of some eggs. Then again, I'm doing the ketogenic diet!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I eat quite a lot of eggs, just eaten three about an hour ago actually, both yolk and white, love them.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs almost every single day. I love them. I don't eat a lot of red meat or fast food so I don't worry about the cholesterol. People have been eating them for thousands of years, why stress over them? Once in a while I'll eat egg whites, but I don't like them as much.
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs a few times a week. Good source of protein. I mix in 2Tbs of real bacon bits. Yummy !!! New info starting to come out suggests that they do not increase your cholesterol.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I don't egg regular eggs (use them in baking, of course though). I just don't like the smell & taste. However, I found that Egg Beaters make great scrambled eggs. So I do 1/2 cup of EB, which is the equivalent of about 2 eggs with a little cheese, topped with some salsa. Voila- breakfast. :)
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I use 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites.....it's about 105 cals and 14g protein
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I eat them almost every day. They're yummy and good for you.
    I have no cholesterol concerns, so I eat whole eggs.
  • Claible
    Claible Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I use the liquid eggs for breakfast. They are a little drab so I add extra spicy Mrs. Dash. LOVE IT!
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I eat egg beaters each day at work because they only use those to make omlets (which i have turkey bacon and black beans in that) But I love me some real eggs. There is new science coming out that states that if the yolk isn't eaten then you're losing so much of the other nutrients that come in an egg, including the cholesterol. I think that in moderation, they are perfectly fine.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I love eggs too and have created a yummy dish! Spread some baby spinach in an oiled small pan, let it wilt a bit, then take a wholewheat wrap ("lightly" buttered) and put on top of the spinach, then crack an egg on top and sprinkle with mrs. dash lemon pepper seasoning~flip over and continue to cook to desired likeness. I also add part skim mozzerella shredded cheese to it and fold it over to melt~ like an omelet style...sooo yummy and a great way to get a veggie first thing in the morning! The creations I have done have also been with broccoli, mushrooms, asparagus, peppers, tomato, and onion, To each their own...Voila!
  • Raivynsblood
    Raivynsblood Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i use one whole egg and 2 egg whites. today i had this with a tablespoon of real bacon bits for flavor, wrapped in an xtreme wellness tortilla (about 71 calories per tortilla).. total of 200 calories for my breakfast :wink:
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs at the weekend for my breakfast, try to have them a variety of ways but to me I see it as a treat and an alternative to a big greasy fry up!
  • Dimplybutt
    Dimplybutt Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I use 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites.....it's about 105 cals and 14g protein

You know, that's actually a good idea ... I didn't even think about doing it that way. All I could think about was that I'm not a big fan of whites but love the yolks and this is like getting your cake and eating it too. :smile: Thanks!
  • lou1618
    lou1618 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I cook with eggs, but for breakfast I use egg beaters....great for making an egg sandwich.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Eggs are actually quite low calorie (about 70 per an egg). They have a lot of fat in the yolk, but it isn't bad fat and contrary to popular belief, it doesn't raise cholesterol or do anything else bad to you. I STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST eliminating the yolk to save calories since that's where all the nutrients are. (The only time I do is when I use eggs in baking or something.) I am also not a fan of egg beaters since they are more processed than a simple egg (and more expensive). Basically, I love eggs and find them to be magical, and I eat them almost daily. Scrambled with some veggies or as an omelet, they're the best.
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    I would die if I didn't have eggs, so I just have to fit them in. :')
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Make the whole egg fit in your calories. If you get rid of the yolk, you are getting rid of a ton of nutrients, healthy fats, and some of the protein. Plus, dietary cholesterol does not have the negative impact that they once thought it did. Plus, 70 calories for as nutrient dense as an egg is is a steal in my opinion!