Eggs

Options

Replies

• Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I eat at least 4 eggs a day! they are an incrediable source of protein. i used to eat egg beaters but they are not natural and contain alot more sodium. eggs are actually really good for you and are VERY yummy!!!
  • natachan
    natachan Posts: 149
    Options
    I love eggs! I have chickens and they lay lots of brown eggs for me to eat. Yummy! Plus they are free (well, I pay for chicken feed, but that's less than I would spend on grocery store eggs).

Plus if I'm eating PROPERLY I have trouble meeting my calorie goals, and eggs help.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Only use the egg white! WAY less calories and cholestorol...and big time PROTEIN!!! I make mine using a little mrs. dash for flavor :)

i use egg whites too! yum. never thought of adding mrs. dash - will try that!
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Eat eggs! They are nutrient dense therefore fill you up longer! I eat 2 boiled eggs every day. If I feel like a huge yummy omelet I use liquid egg whites.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    I love eggs and eat them more than anybody else I know. For any egg meal, I start with one whole egg and then add whites to get more protein without adding more fat. For breakfast, I'll typically have three whites and one yolk, over easy style, along with a serving of old-fashioned oatmeal. For lunch, I'll scramble one yolk and four or five whites, adding a bit of reduced fat cheddar, and serve that on a couple of whole-wheat sandwich thins or some whole-wheat pasta. Now I'm getting hungry for lunch! :tongue:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs pretty much every day. Good old, regular whole eggs - usually two XL eggs, a slice of whole wheat double fiber toast, a bit of butter, and black coffee = 297 delicious calories. :bigsmile:
  • GreggoryShaw
    Options
    I'm working out twice a day so I need the yolks & I'm not worried about the fat -- Egg yolks are indeed full of cholesterol. Like most cholesterol-rich foods, they are jam-packed full of important nutrients, especially the fat-soluble vitamins and essential fatty acids.

In fact, the slew of nutrients in an egg yolk is so comprehensive that a few a day would offer better insurance than a multi-vitamin. Most importantly, the yolk contains most of the nutrients in an egg ~ USDA

The American Heart Association has amended its guidelines on eggs! There is "no longer a specific recommendation on the number of egg yolks a person may consume in a week."

Given these studies and the fact that eggs are an excellent source of nutrition, the American Heart Association now recommends that you can eat one egg a day, as opposed to three or four per week it previously allowed.

A COURSE IF YOU HAVE cholesterol then adjust.
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs twice a day. Mostly egg whites mixed with 1 whole egg. I have my own hens so after a few days my fridge is chock full of eggs. Love them eggs!
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Eggs are wonderful! If you try to log "scrampbed eggs" you get 365 cal in 1 cup on MFP. This does not have to be so! They are probably counting them with lots of butter and with cheese or bacon or something.
    In reality, you scramble two eggs with a third of a tablespoon of butter, and you get 174 cal only. Enjoy!!!:smile:
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Just had 2 scrambled myself.......I eat them whenever I want......no worries, just don't eat a dozen a day.......
  • AlexPflug
    AlexPflug Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I either fry egg whites or make egg beaters with a little ham in a mug in the microwave. It puffs up and it feels like you are eating more because of the size.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 eggs every morning. 140 calories isn't bad considering all the protein they have!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    Just had 2 scrambled myself.......I eat them whenever I want......no worries, just don't eat a dozen a day.......
    I've actually done that, eaten a dozen a day. :blushing: Not a dozen yolks, mind you, but still… I really do love eggs.
  • sunnykm
    sunnykm Posts: 24
    Options
    I use 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites.....it's about 105 cals and 14g protein , 1 wedge of laughing cow light cheese and 2 slices of bread(70 Cal) and 125 ml low fat milk,=255 Calories breakfast. Keeps me full till lunch. You can add more egg whites!!!!!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I mix 1/2 egg beaters 1 egg not bad
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I just scramble up one whle egg and one egg white, sometimes add a bit of milk - I don't think it's bad at all!
  • cyndist
    cyndist Posts: 43
    Options
    My sister and I were talking about margarine vs butter (fat content) and her reply to me was "I'd trust a cow over science any day" I guess this could apply to chickens too. I aim to eat an egg a day. I quit buying the egg beaters I would never use them since they gave me indigestion when I ate them.
    Cindy
  • trysha1231
    trysha1231 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have an egg every day for breakfast. Scrambled with a sprinkle of feta cheese and tomato or spinach. Delish!
  • nattou
    nattou Posts: 14
    Options
    I try to eat one large egg, some boiled broccoli and a half cup of rice for dinner to get the last of my calories in. I don't really eat much during the day since I have classes so I try to eat my breakfast and lunch at their designated times... but I could never get in all my calories, so a nice dinner after working out (I work out right after classes) really helps me get them in. The broccoli and the half cup of rice really help make me full though, the egg is really just there since I really love eggs.

TEAM EGGS!
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    I eat one egg,every morning. So Goooood.