Eggs

Options

Replies

• RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I love eggs, as a veggie they are one one of my big sources of protein. In fact i love them so much thats what my 6 year old insisted on cooking me for lunch as it is mothers day here in the UK :smile:
  • kristarablue
    Options
    I go through probably 5 dozen eggs a week at least. I typically have 6 egg whites every morning...low calorie, high protein and yummmmy!!! I don't like the yolks so I don't eat them, but eggs are great for you, try just whites to lower calorie or one whole and 3 whites for scrambled to bring down the calories a bit if you like the yolk.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    what are your thoughts on scrambled eggs. I put them in here today in my tracker and they are so many calories but love them so much!!!

I just saw you logged the eggs as 955 calories, are you sure that is correct? One egg (both yolk and white) comes to 70 calories, five eggs in one serving is a hell of a lot too, what else are you adding to the scrambled egg?
  • GBird72
    GBird72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat red meats so I eat eggs 2-3 times per week. My Doctor said they do not raise the cholesterol unless you eat a dozen daily and no one is going to do that. ENJOY YOUR EGGS.
  • mmy127
    mmy127 Posts: 14
    Options
    I eat them without adding anything, I just scramble the plain egg. Then it's just the calories for the eggs themselves :-) they're tasty to me! Although I'm sure other people may prefer milk, etc added.
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    We have several chickens and ducks so eggs are a regular part of my diet. Nothing better than farm fresh eggs
  • Melysa1988
    Melysa1988 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Try 1 egg + 1 egg white with lots of veggies
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    2 eggs everyday for breakfast
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I really like egg beaters.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I don't think that about 70 calories per egg is very many calories. I eat eggs and it hasn't hurt me any.
  • Kassieisproud
    Options
    I eat eggs at any time of day sometime i mix them with egg whites sometime i dont egg yolk has a lot of nutrients that you cant find in egg whites Eggs are just one of those foods that are so good for you they are worth the calories try frying them with cooking spray that should help with the calories
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I don't think that about 70 calories per egg is very man calories. I eat eggs, all of it, and it hasn't hurt me any.

Well that is exactly what I am thinking, but the OP is logging 955 calories for a five egg scrambled egg, that seems an awful lot to me, seriously.

Unless she is adding lots of stuff to it, I think the calories logged had somehow gone askew.
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Eggs are good, eggs are great, nothing beats... seeing them on my plate!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Whoever entered 'scrambeled' eggs entered it as 191 calories, although all the other nutritional information seems to be correct. Possibly this is a typo due to attempting to write too quickly. The correct spelling (scrambled) says 101, and that's not user-entered -- I'm guessing they're accounting for some fat used in scrambling the egg. I have edited the entry but it probably won't fix the OP's food diary.

OP, delete it and re-enter it as 'scrambled (whole egg)' and I think you'll find your diary far more pleasing.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs a few times a week. Good source of protein. I mix in 2Tbs of real bacon bits. Yummy !!! New info starting to come out suggests that they do not increase your cholesterol.

Nothing new, quite old. Even the British Heart Foundation recommend them, plus the BBC:

http://www.bhf.org.uk/default.aspx?page=12920

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7882850.stm
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I eat them every day! Love love love scrambled eggs :P For me, I use 4 large eggs with 1 tsp. evoo.
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Eggs are not the demons they once were. In my grandparents'day, eggs were forbidden if you had heart disease or risk factors for heart disease. When my Dad had his first heart attack about 20+ years ago, he was surprised that the hospital offered him eggs for breakfast. His cardiologist indicated that the chicken feed has changed so that eggs don't have the cholesterol they once did. I don't know if that's true, but my own cardiologist said an egg or two once or twice a week is fine. Like anything else, moderation is key.
  • anima_gemella
    anima_gemella Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I et them nearly every day..
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Eggs are actually quite low calorie (about 70 per an egg). They have a lot of fat in the yolk, but it isn't bad fat and contrary to popular belief, it doesn't raise cholesterol or do anything else bad to you. I STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST eliminating the yolk to save calories since that's where all the nutrients are. (The only time I do is when I use eggs in baking or something.) I am also not a fan of egg beaters since they are more processed than a simple egg (and more expensive). Basically, I love eggs and find them to be magical, and I eat them almost daily. Scrambled with some veggies or as an omelet, they're the best.

YES!!

Love them, and have two eggs in one disguise or another almost every day. Real eggs, not slime from a carton :wink:
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I do lots of eggs too. Great protein source! Hardboiled is a 70 calorie snack. For scrambled I do 2 whites/1 whole too. Lowers calories so you can add a little cheese :-)