Protein shake Powder! Any suggestions?

Options

Replies

• Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    MaxPro Protein from Max Muscle. I like both the vanilla and the chocolate and I am quite picky. It is not cheap though. Normal price is around $60 for 32 servings. (but I think you can get discounts). I too make my protein shakes with Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk. Lower sugar and calories than skim milk.
  • gwenlindsay
    gwenlindsay Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a container of Muscle Milk Light after my workout. It has 20g protein; 140 cal and 2grams sugar. Chocolate and Vanilla are really good.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Do your research. Not all powders are created equal. Low grage cheap powders are not worth the money. Clean facility is a must. Google Consumer reports guide on protein powders from June / July 2010 and read it...throughly. Lots of arsenics and metal. For me an my house we only use Optimum Nutrition, Pure Protein and Gaspari.

This...a thousand times this. If you want to buy cheap stuff....go ahead. Optimum Nutrition is maybe the best protein powder available.

You must not be looking at the same label I am. It is NOT the best.... it is not even pure whey protein isolate, it's a blend.
    Look at the cholesterol... that alone can tell you it is not a high quality. Most of the best are not a protein blend, or a concentrate.

Plus ON tastes horrible. Pure Protein --- isn't that sold at Target? If so, its the same thing as body fortress from Walmart.
  • 87missc87
    87missc87 Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm a fan of Jay Robb vanilla whey - no sugar, made with Stevia, and 25g of protein per serving. Makes a yummy shake with Clemmy's sugar-free ice cream, natural peanut butter, and some soy milk! I just bought some Jay Robb chocolate whey as well and looking forward to coming up with smoothie recipes with that, too!
  • kari574
    kari574 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many options and so many opinions on what's best! Good luck, I'm trying to decide what kind to use also.
  • magelan
    magelan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have tried them all...I find the only one that tastes great with only 60 calories and 12g of protein ..is Todietfor by nulife..

I have found it difficult to find but order directly from them... one scoop with 2 to 3 cups of water and you are full..great trick before supper .
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hi..
    Tried just about all that i could find. Just 3 weeks ago got Shakeology. Chocolate and Topical Strawberry

They taste great and are loaded with vitamins

I know I am a little bias. since I just signed on as a coach and do sell. but the stuff is amazing. I can send you more info if you would like?
    J
  • monasul
    monasul Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Whey Delicious...you have to order it, and it's not cheap...but SOO worth it, in my opinion. www.proteinishealthy.com

Good luck
  • mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Aria Women's protein powder Chocolate or Vanilla.. only 2g sugar for 80 cals and 14 protein. I just mix them with water and drink..
  • almaster666
    almaster666 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Whey 100% Natural - Natural vanilla. It's OK
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I like the Balance Physique stuff - Cookies 'n cream flavour :)
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I pick up Body Fortress at Walmart. $15 for 2lbs. :)

I second that! Body building on a budget lol
  • backinthegame2
    backinthegame2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lean Dessert has a great tasting protein powder (Banana Creme is my fav).
  • DBBA21
    DBBA21 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I get gnc casein for bedtime and body fortress protein shots for post workout and body fortress whey for pre workout
  • Kirabelly
    Kirabelly Posts: 60
    Options
    Syntrax Nectars. LOVE them. 90 cals, 23g protein, actually tastes good mixed with just water. Crystal sky is my fave.
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    The high protien slimfast is the only protien like shake or mix I can stomach. I've given several types from healthfood store and GNC a try and most don't mix well. The biggest loser whey protien mix actually mixed well and tastes good but gave me horrible gas, plus the mix smells aweful, which is a turn off. I like protien bars and powerbars. Man, have those improved in the last 10 yrs! Some of them actually taste like candybars...mmmm.
  • Aleciajones
    Aleciajones Posts: 153
    Options
    I pick up Body Fortress at Walmart. $15 for 2lbs. :)

This....I mix mine with Silk choc milk

I put a couple strawberries and 2tbsp flaxseed meal into mine today. Fantastic!
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I just bought Slim Fast 3 2 1 chocolate royale at Sam's Club and I LOVE it! I drink it every day for lunch, and it's delicious
  • smoffette
    smoffette Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Vega Whole Foods Health Optimizer is great! It's so much more than just a "protein shake"!