Before and After pics NO STARVATION

Options

Replies

• xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i have eaten 1800 calories for most of my journey. I started at 380 pounds and still have 40-50 pounds to go....my current photo was taken about 3 weeks ago....my thighs are horrible as I have a lot of excess skin and dont normally let anyone see them but this is my most recent pic...so before pic is at 380 pounds and current photo at 200 pounds :)

Before pic:

1704image2.png

Current pic:

12050_10151790528976062_1932886738_n1_zps4de30f63.jpg

Unbelievable! You look out of this word. Keep it up.. You've made my day!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I avoided the camera like the plague so no before pics really but these are about half way to goal->goal

IMG_5917.JPG
    IMG_5041.JPG

photo.jpg
    74765_10153076111495607_1753695762_n.jpg
    Go go gadget strength training
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I come from a parent who was always overweight and blamed it on having babies. I had a baby and feared getting fat. I am now thinner than i ever was. My fear of weight gain escalated to an eating disorder. I have always wondered how people let themselves get so far overweight. Like if my pants feel tight i panic! Some people just go buy new pants. Why do people let themselves go so far? I beg that nobody be offended by me. Its just an honest question that i have always wanted to ask.

Really! Sorry you have a eating disorder. Don't you think being over weight is also an eating disorder? Or would you rather hear that we are just lazy and we don't care what we put in your mouths. ~offended
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Before 241
    After 157

I've just hit target, it took 18 months ish :)

Xx

5b100996-9f5c-4cc9-9350-81caa1bf9bdf_zpsd22564ce.jpg

064607aa-eb5e-4409-9336-0cd5b550ebeb_zps6c7ba8d6.jpg
  • Brook70
    Brook70 Posts: 164
    Options
    Bump
  • DaniDC28
    DaniDC28 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I come from a parent who was always overweight and blamed it on having babies. I had a baby and feared getting fat. I am now thinner than i ever was. My fear of weight gain escalated to an eating disorder. I have always wondered how people let themselves get so far overweight. Like if my pants feel tight i panic! Some people just go buy new pants. Why do people let themselves go so far? I beg that nobody be offended by me. Its just an honest question that i have always wanted to ask.

Really! Sorry you have a eating disorder. Don't you think being over weight is also an eating disorder? Or would you rather hear that we are just lazy and we don't care what we put in your mouths. ~offended

What TaraGirl2 said! (my thoughts exactly!)
  • T0BYW0N
    T0BYW0N Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    "dsjohndrow"
    Here are mine....

Dude, rock on! Freakin outstanding! On a side note...what kind of shoes do you run in? I'm a heavy guy (now), too, and will eventually start adding LISS and HIIT to my gig, so I'm wondering what has worked well for you on long-distances.
  • ezziepug
    ezziepug Posts: 57
    Options

Because human beings are human beings. Your eating disorder is about absolute control and denial. I had an eating disorder that fluctuated between control and denial and completely out of control. I had a lot of pain and fear to deal with, including the suicide of my brother, and revolving my life around my weight and food distracted from my agony. I comforted myself with food when I was binging, and I don't judge myself for that (or I try not to...). I tried to control a chaotic life by denying myself food and I don't judge that either.

Everyone has different, intersected reasons for being heavier, or in your case, being too thin. My main focus is to look at others with compassion, not judgment, and to listen well. It is hard to admit you have an eating disorder, and I admire you for doing so. I also feel sad that you are caught in the grip of it. I hope you are getting some professional help.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    "dsjohndrow"
    Here are mine....

Dude, rock on! Freakin outstanding! On a side note...what kind of shoes do you run in? I'm a heavy guy (now), too, and will eventually start adding LISS and HIIT to my gig, so I'm wondering what has worked well for you on long-distances.

I'm going to throw out trying a pair of asics. I use to work in a shoe store, and they're loved by allot of people. Even though different shoes feel different on different people, this seems to be the universal gotta get shoe. I've sold many brands and they got returned the least. Everyone at the store (with different shaped feet) ended up with a pair and told me to get them right away and I ended up with 300 dollar Reeboks (which I love 'cause they're cooshy). But I still ended up with the cheapest pair of asics I could get my hands on because they were the only ones that could last through the 20hr shifts without killing my back. Seriously, what a difference was noticeable by allot. I was small and didn't have wide feet but it seems that a lot of the larger people or wide feet people seem to swear by them. So many people came to me saying they have 'problem feet/backs' and told me that asics were the best for them.

New Balance weren't sold there but a lot of people seem to mention those guys too. I have a pair and they're comfortable but I haven't worn them for long periods.
  • ezziepug
    ezziepug Posts: 57
    Options
    Before 241
    After 157

What an amazing job! You look gorgeous!
  • Deekay8008
    Deekay8008 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

The fact that you equate weight gain or being overweight as an active choice people make to "let themselves go" is not actually a judgement on overweight people, but is more accurately a reflection of your own unhealthy relationship with your own weight. You say yourself that you developed an eating disorder and part of this comes from a judgement about your own weight gain, clearly the idea of being overweight you equate directly with disregard for self and lack of self control and self respect. It is these negative aspects that keep you from weight gain and it’s this reason that you panic if your trousers are tight, panic being an extreme reaction which is usually fuelled by negativity and in itself lacks control.

So your question “Why do people let themselves go so far.” Can’t really be answered as the question you should be asking is….”How do I start a more positive relationship with weight that focuses on health and not trouser size.” Equally you’d be better asking how you can avoid directing the critical judgements you clearly aim upon yourself to fuel your negative relationship with food at other people.” As like a lot of others, the tone of your post actually offended me.
  • CoderGal
    Options

What TaraGirl2 said! (my thoughts exactly!)
    Never got really big and am rather slim now but I have to agree. And if the choices are fear and 'panic if pants feel tight' or 'buy new pants'...It sounds like a much happier place to be the latter.

highjacking a thread that can cause discomfort over others who wish to give their support by posting pics of themselves at heavier weights makes it seem like you're being a bit unreasonable. There are better places to post that message where you would still be heard...at least post pictures in the thread roll instead of going on a different tangent...Also, it's not the best to be sitting there thinking one eating disorder is better then another, which you sort of appear to be doing if you think they let themselves go and you didn't.
  • PatchesBeHealthy
    PatchesBeHealthy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bumping for inspiration!! :)
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Before 241
    After 157

Xx

5b100996-9f5c-4cc9-9350-81caa1bf9bdf_zpsd22564ce.jpg

064607aa-eb5e-4409-9336-0cd5b550ebeb_zps6c7ba8d6.jpg

Wow you look beautiful well done :) x
  • beyondmywildestdreams
    Options
    Bump!
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

This!
  • lavi73
    lavi73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to post on this! You guys are an inspiration!
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    i have eaten 1800 calories for most of my journey. I started at 380 pounds and still have 40-50 pounds to go....my current photo was taken about 3 weeks ago....my thighs are horrible as I have a lot of excess skin and dont normally let anyone see them but this is my most recent pic...so before pic is at 380 pounds and current photo at 200 pounds :)

Before pic:

1704image2.png

Current pic:

Wowwwww fantastic girl! Very inspiring!
  • dvelez1220
    Options

Before pic:

1704image2.png

Current pic:

You look 20 years younger, very inspiring. Best of luck for the rest of your journey!

As for your thighs, try self massage, body brushing to shift the fat that has deposited in the top layers of your skin. Its always the last bit to go, but it will go if you keep at it.

I would suggest vitamins. Two supplements I know can help are called Super Green and the other is called Yor Multivitamin. The multivitamin has Cq10 in it which is good for your heart and to help tighten up skin. Also involve weights into your work out Light strength training with a lot of reps can help. What happens when you do light weights and a lot of reps, is the muscle gets tighter and burns up the surrounding fat for energy. Try 100s. So in each set you do reps of 35, break, 35, break 30, to equal out to 100. Repeat 3 times so it totals to 300. Try 3 times a week of strength training. Work out which muscle groups you want to work out. Where ever the fat is that you want to lose. So for legs you would do squats. Try with no weights first for 3 weeks. Also you have to work out quadriceps and ham strings. Look up work outs on Google.
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I do already strength train and have for nearly 5 years lol...thanks tho. I now lift heavy (while ive done resistance/strength for years the heavy lifting is relatively new). And i really wasnt looking for advice on my thighs...not trying to be ungrateful...but I have my "mentors" on here who I go to for advice. I only mentioned the thighs so people realise i do realise i am not finished with them yet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!