Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    x
  • littlerjh
    littlerjh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Boy oh boy what an inspiration you are! Be so proud of yourself, you have done great! KEEP ON KEEPIN ON!
  • suebrekenfeld5
    Options
    Wow! Yeah for YOU!!!!!!! I am so encouraged by your progress. No, make that INSPIRED.
    :))
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Before 241
    After 157

I've just hit target, it took 18 months ish :)

Xx

5b100996-9f5c-4cc9-9350-81caa1bf9bdf_zpsd22564ce.jpg

064607aa-eb5e-4409-9336-0cd5b550ebeb_zps6c7ba8d6.jpg

OMG, OMG. WOW! my mouth is literally opened in awe! You girl are amazing! Wow.
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    About 40 pound difference. After pic was last Saturday.

60967a67-e59e-48d1-8e40-3be318d53c47.jpg

Had to kind of stop when I got to this..wowwww! Great job!
  • lyricalkee123
    Options
    Amen to that!!!
  • Sassyallday
    Sassyallday Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how to do this. But I thought that in an earlier response to this subject, I saw someone pose the question of why some people "allow" themselves to become overweight. Specifically, she asked, "Why do people let themselves go so far?" I'd like to respond:

I think it can be hard to really understand someone else's journey. And whether or not you mean it, it is hard not to find some judgement in your question. You presume that those who are overweight are capable of controlling it and just don't do so. Not so.

For some of us (and for as may reasons as there are people) balancing intake with activity so as to maintain a healthy weight is a challenge. It can be as simple as bad food habits that we learned earlier. Or as complex as emotional issues that govern our food choices rather than hunger.

Once we realize that we don't have the natural instinct to eat properly, we start to probe and ask ourselves more about what we are doing and why. It is then that we can get to work on addressing it. Getting support from others with similar experiences can make all the difference in finding the tools to do that and maintaining the commitment to use them.

You don't really have to understand it. Just as there are those who might not understand how a fear of being thin could lead to an eating disorder. All you have to do is what you would want others to do for you. . .accept that we each have different concerns and support one another in addressing them.
  • mkufahl
    mkufahl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    !
  • TrishaTripps
    TrishaTripps Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well put, Deekay!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I come from a parent who was always overweight and blamed it on having babies. I had a baby and feared getting fat. I am now thinner than i ever was. My fear of weight gain escalated to an eating disorder. I have always wondered how people let themselves get so far overweight. Like if my pants feel tight i panic! Some people just go buy new pants. Why do people let themselves go so far? I beg that nobody be offended by me. Its just an honest question that i have always wanted to ask.

Posting this on someone's success story is beyond poor judgment and poor taste... You actually congratulated her three minutes prior, then posted another reply to ask this question? Not sure what you were thinking, but maybe you could have started a new topic in the forum to satisfy your curiosity rather than rain on someone's parade and steal their thunder.
  • ezziepug
    ezziepug Posts: 57
    Options
    I ALMOST didn't post this picture after reading the comment of the girl who doesn't understand how someone could "let themselves go." I don't have a response for that. I just have this picture. This picture... my before picture... is a picture of a girl who stepped up and did something about her weight. I am strong! I am brave! I have my life and weight under control, and I'll show it proudly.

You are AWESOME! I'm glad you posted.

Agreed!
  • girlisrad
    girlisrad Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    IN response to the "don't be offended by my question" question...

Why did I let myself go?

I did not let myself go... I was (and still am!) happy! I love food, I love drink, I love LIFE. I have a gorgeous and supportive husband who loves me UNCONDITIONALLY and CONSTANTLY. I have 3 amazing little boys who tell me every day how beautiful I am. They have not now, nor will they ever judge me based upon my size. In fact, I can't think of one person in my life that would.

And I will say this: I would put on another 200 lbs if It meant avoiding being a person like you. The only anxiety I carry concerning my weight is losing my weight, and then losing my compassion for others. I think you have painted a fairly poignant picture of what happens to a person when they get to that place in their life.

I wish you well and hope you find some help. You really need it more than anyone else here.
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Always love these threads. So very motivating! Here's mine, not as drastic as some, but it was a big deal for me!

BeforeAndAfter_zpsd1440e8e.jpg
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Wise_Little_Owl
    Wise_Little_Owl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Absolutely brilliant! Such an inspiration!
  • WitchofWashington
    WitchofWashington Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing!
    Before 241
    After 157

Xx

• hdtracy
    hdtracy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Before 241
    After 157

Xx

Helloooo, Katy Perry! :P
  • mnlev8
    mnlev8 Posts: 2
    Options
    Very motivating and inspiring. Congratulations on the amazing weight loss.
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    I come from a parent who was always overweight and blamed it on having babies. I had a baby and feared getting fat. I am now thinner than i ever was. My fear of weight gain escalated to an eating disorder. I have always wondered how people let themselves get so far overweight. Like if my pants feel tight i panic! Some people just go buy new pants. Why do people let themselves go so far? I beg that nobody be offended by me. Its just an honest question that i have always wanted to ask.

Really! Sorry you have a eating disorder. Don't you think being over weight is also an eating disorder? Or would you rather hear that we are just lazy and we don't care what we put in your mouths. ~offended

Agree! Also offended... Guess we're just lazy and fat!
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Posting this on someone's success story is beyond poor judgment and poor taste... You actually congratulated her three minutes prior, then posted another reply to ask this question? Not sure what you were thinking, but maybe you could have started a new topic in the forum to satisfy your curiosity rather than rain on someone's parade and steal their thunder.

I must admit I was quite offended that this initial quote was posted only a couple of posts down from my before/current pics. And did make me consider editing my post and removing my pics....only didnt as so many had included it in there posts as quotes it was pointless

Its also disappointing that someone apart from hijacking the thread, cannot go...wow look what that person did. What will power, inner strength, and determination they must have had. I dont think anyone really has a right to judge on ANYONES body unless maybe they have the perfect body, with the perfect relationship with food...and even then...they dont have a right too....be respectful of all on this website and anywhere else in this world.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!