Before and After pics NO STARVATION

Options

Replies

• thompl03
    thompl03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Amazing Job. I am so very proud of you. I want to do the same.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    BUMP for inspiration! You are all amazing, thank you for sharing your photos and stories.
  • CKaminer
    Options
    Bump * major inspiration! I am just starting my journey, but I cant wait to share my pics once I get there! Great job everyone you look amazing!
  • PeggyBa55
    Options
    You look wonderful.

I am trying to get myself regulate to eating just 1700 cal a day...I can do it maybe 3 to 4 days a week...but the other days I tip over the 1700, but still say under 2000. I will keep working on it.
  • lfoss217
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing! Keep up the good work.
  • Shellinabobina
    Shellinabobina Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i have eaten 1800 calories for most of my journey. I started at 380 pounds and still have 40-50 pounds to go....my current photo was taken about 3 weeks ago....my thighs are horrible as I have a lot of excess skin and dont normally let anyone see them but this is my most recent pic...so before pic is at 380 pounds and current photo at 200 pounds :)

Before pic:

1704image2.png

Current pic:

12050_10151790528976062_1932886738_n1_zps4de30f63.jpg
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    "bump"

to read later.
  • Shellinabobina
    Shellinabobina Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! How inspirational! So proud of you and I dont even know you..lol. Much love and luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • CarlaYvonne
    CarlaYvonne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I tried posting a pic - but I cant figure it out :cry:
  • anewday23
    anewday23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at this post for awhile, considering the original idea of being able to lose weight without starving myself. I at one point in life knew what it was to be free and make healthy choices automatically. I had lost about 60 pounds putting me at 180. I am now totally out of control.

To the girl who asked "how I let myself go?" I do not know. It was subtle at first, the struggle - there were life changes, a history of overweight, the hope that I could eat and control more sugary items in my diet... now four years later, I weigh 278. I am also 7 months pregnant, so I would like to blame pregnancy, but I have only gained 14 pounds so far.

To be truthful, I know exactly how the weight gain happened. I ate to much and got more sedentary. I troll around on this post hoping that I will find strength to do what all of these people have done - pulled themselves up by their bootstraps and on a consistent daily basis ate well and exercised more. When I was at a healthy weight, I wish I had done something about it at 185 when my clothing was getting tight. Now I have a year or more of serious work ahead of me after my little baby comes.

The question, however misguided and fear based is something that I do not want to be defensive about. I so badly want to be able to lose weight in a healthy way. I want to stop binging, don't want to start purging again, sick of going on juice fasts, etc. The other day I saw an anorexic - it is a difficult thing to see. Just as difficult as seeing someone who is so overweight they cannot walk. The eating disorders that most of us admit to are real and kill people. My husband brought home a booklet on the behavioral criteria for the different eating disorders. There is one called Binge Eating Disorder. I had every single criteria. This was an eye opener. I have in my life wished to have more restrictive eating - viewing it as better control. All I know is that I have a sick relationship with food and my body that has negatively affected my life and at this time has put me at about 120 pounds above a healthy weight.

This post makes me want to believe that I can do it too. That I can have moderation and lose in a healthy way. Thank you for all the examples.
  • spaceyplum
    spaceyplum Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Before 241
    After 157

I've just hit target, it took 18 months ish :)

Xx

5b100996-9f5c-4cc9-9350-81caa1bf9bdf_zpsd22564ce.jpg

064607aa-eb5e-4409-9336-0cd5b550ebeb_zps6c7ba8d6.jpg

WOW... You look incredible!!!!

Muriel
  • pmd15098
    pmd15098 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Before 241
    After 157

Xx

• pmd15098
    pmd15098 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    wow you look so good how did you do this?
  • meeeshellllle
    meeeshellllle Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    o58ikw.png
    j60tbr.jpg
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    o58ikw.png
    Awesome work
  • Grin3
    Grin3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great job! As someone who is on the journey also, I find it odd how everyone ask, "do you feel better without the weight?" Honestly, going to gym has given me the abilty to do more. I don't really feel different though. At what point did you start to feel different? I guess I just have not gotten there yet...
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Before 241
    After 157

Xx

This is amazing!!!
  • millionairesstv
    millionairesstv Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    you look amazing well donex
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I come from a parent who was always overweight and blamed it on having babies. I had a baby and feared getting fat. I am now thinner than i ever was. My fear of weight gain escalated to an eating disorder. I have always wondered how people let themselves get so far overweight. Like if my pants feel tight i panic! Some people just go buy new pants. Why do people let themselves go so far? I beg that nobody be offended by me. Its just an honest question that i have always wanted to ask.

Hmmm...I see a lot of angry responses but I'm just gonna be honest.

For me it was/is just a matter of being so used to being big. Even when I was 8 or 9 years old I just always had excess fat on my body so it's pretty much all I can remember. I have always had friends, boyfriends, success in school and work, approval from family regardless of my size...my weight was made fun of (openly) so very rarely - it was not a "problem" to me. Doctors' visits never ended as I feared they might with diagnoses of weight related issues. Everything seemed fine.

So when the 16's gave way to 18's and all the way to 3X clothing I really didn't care. I always liked to shop and buying a size larger did not make me happy, but it didn't destroy me. I didn't give it much thought to be honest. Often my weight fluctuated a bit, so I figured the change from a 20 to 22 might be a particular cut or designer, it allowed me to deceive myself.
  • Joji_Bean
    Joji_Bean Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Don't say your thighs are horrible--you look beautiful!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!